Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Complicated Case of Patrick Ricard

Patrick Ricard Finding Niche as a Valuable Two-Way Player (by Clifton Brown) :

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...two-way-player

Preseason Week 2 Standouts (by Spencer Schultz) :

"Pat Ricard had a brilliant night, dominating on both sides of the ball. A four-play stretch saw Ricard line up at defensive tackle twice where he recovered a fumble, then paved the way for a Justice Hill touchdown. Ricard lined up at defensive tackle, full back, then tight end over the four-play stretch.
    It is my conviction that Pat Ricard needs more snaps defensively. His ability to collapse the pocket with a powerful bull-rush and excellent drive from his lower body is outstanding. I’m not sure whether Brandon Williams is asked to push the pocket on passing downs, but either way he doesn’t. I would rather see Ricard attack the A-gap on passing downs.
    As a fullback, Ricard is a nightmare for linebackers in the hole. The absolute last person I would want to greet me in with a head of steam is the 290-pound athlete. Ricard will be paving the path for Mark Ingram, Hill, Lamar Jackson and company in heavier doses this season."

TBH I thought he was a cut for sure. Now I'm to say I seem to be wrong. His versatility saves a space on the 53. If he can also play Special teams, then he may be out on the field for all 60 minutes ... Bc

According to @nick_underhill, a Patriots beat writer for the Athletic, the Ravens have approached Patrick Ricard about a contract extension.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

EDC said he'd be more aggressive about locking down young players earlier before their contracts are up. Ricard is on his rookie deal through the end of this season and they control him next year essentially as a RFA. If they gave him a first round tender next year that's projected to be $4.6MM and a second is $3.2 and Love to see them meet in the middle so that he gets better money this year and next, and they get a bit of a deal through 2022.

Like, I don't know, four-years $15MM, with half guaranteed. Assuming they don't have a big FA signing in mind, they have the cap room to do this now.

His base salary is $645K this year. So, if he stays healthy and contributes, he's slated to earn just less than $4MM through 2020, assuming he signs a second round tender. Most of that is, "if" money, and that's best case. Offering to nearly double that amount, guaranteed, would be attractive, you'd think, rather than having him "bet on himself" that he can do much better in 2021. He's pretty young, to, so he still would get a crack at another contract after the '22 season when he will be 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    According to @nick_underhill, a Patriots beat writer for the Athletic, the Ravens have approached Patrick Ricard about a contract extension.
    I like this.

Not a highly paid player, so locking him up early doesn't cripple you if he Ray-Rice's or Dennis Pitta's his way off the team. He's a unique player, and if you know you want to keep him around, get him locked in early.

Also, Ricard being a two-way player gives you a free roster spot. That is huge.
    "Not bad for a running back."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I like this.

Not a highly paid player, so locking him up early doesn't cripple you if he Ray-Rice's or Dennis Pitta's his way off the team. He's a unique player, and if you know you want to keep him around, get him locked in early.

Also, Ricard being a two-way player gives you a free roster spot. That is huge.

Also...if Ricard plays well at DT this year, he could want a big(ger) contract going forward, instead of his big role being as a FB.

Dollars go up.

DeCosta is smart.

Blog Entries

A moderate extension makes sense on every level. I hope it gets done.

Honestly I thought Ricard was a goner but he really responded to the pressure. The guy is so versatile and is trying to improve. Those are the kind of players you do want to keep

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A moderate extension makes sense on every level. I hope it gets done.

Honestly I thought Ricard was a goner but he really responded to the pressure. The guy is so versatile and is trying to improve. Those are the kind of players you do want to keep
    He has looked pretty good on the DL too. He is the only player in the league to my knowledge who is a starter on both sides of the ball and even special teams.

He is a player to lock up at a reasonable price. He is not top tier but versatility makes him very value able. Undrafted player from Maine, hell of a find from the Scouting department

Big fan of this move. Coaches clearly love the kid and this is exactly the type of thing we need to be doing to stay strong in the middle of the depth chart.

Next step for us is getting back to having a significant number of blue chip players at impact positions. Have one in Humphrey. Might be looking at four more with OBJr, Hollywood, Boykin and Hill.

I think this season is going to be awesome but I truly believe our next offseason will define the DeCosta era.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post

Next step for us is getting back to having a significant number of blue chip players at impact positions. Have one in Humphrey. Might be looking at four more with OBJr, Hollywood, Boykin and Hill.
    Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Andrews.
    Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Andrews.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Lamar.

And a double touche to you fine gentlemen.

When I saw him out in the slot as an h-back I knew they believed in him. I expect him to be involved in multiple spots, including as a move TE, which he was on Justice Hill's TD.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR