Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: But who looked better?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Soo you like Skura too?

I agree the kid prob scored a damn near perfect on the Wonderlic and prob has a very high Football IQ. But that in itself doesn’t make him a Starting NFL QB. Hell Fitz went to Harvard! Do you want him as your QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IQ and football IQ aren’t really correlated at all, and honestly I think it’s one of Jones’s bigger weaknesses.

I think Culex’s point was about how where Kyler has had the luxury of a stacked supporting cast his entire life, Jones was always on teams where they were at a talent deficiency in pretty much all their big games, and he had to learn to overcome that and make things happen anyway.

Blog Entries

hey Culex, Baldys Breakdowns is doing Jones: https://twitter.com/i/status/1162758052644315136

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Outside of the fumbles, I thought Jones played very well.

He is already outperforming Manning.

The media is going to be a shitshow all year long in New York. Jets and Giants are going to both be a circus.

Manning was 4/4 for 42 yards and a TD against a starting unit in his only preseason action so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Manning was 4/4 for 42 yards and a TD against a starting unit in his only preseason action so far.
    Lol at the “starting unit” comment. Bears had mostly backups starting on their D. 9 of their 11 starters on D, didn’t play. 3 of the 4 in the secondary.

Also, most reports coming out of New York say that Jones is already pushing Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Lol at the “starting unit” comment. Bears had mostly backups starting on their D. 9 of their 11 starters on D, didn’t play. 3 of the 4 in the secondary.

Also, most reports coming out of New York say that Jones is already pushing Manning.
    It’s still certainly more than Jones has faced in either game (Alex Tanney, the viral video trick shot guy, got the start week one). And Manning was perfect against them.

Pushing him is very different from outperforming him.

It’s still certainly more than Jones has faced in either game (Alex Tanney, the viral video trick shot guy, got the start week one). And Manning was perfect against them.

Pushing him is very different from outperforming him.
    A 16 year vet wouldn’t be getting pushed by a rookie if he wasn’t getting outperformed by him.

And how is it more than what Jones has faced? You already said Manning didn’t even play the first week and only played one series last night. So Jones would have played against the same people Manning did. Unless they played their second string 1 series and then played their 3rd and 4th string the entire game. Which I’m 100% sure didn’t happen.

I predict Eli Manning gets traded during the season to a contending team that loses their quarterback. Jones will start week one.

If LJ gets hurt it could be us.

It could be the colts? Wouldn't that be something to have a manning at QB in Indy again.

It could be the Broncos once they realize Joe sucks.

He'll get traded IMO and maybe then y'all will learn to trust culex.

Jacoby Brissett is flat out better than Eli at this point I think

Jacoby Brissett is flat out better than Eli at this point I think
    Na I think you gotta give it to the wily old vet that may just have one last hurrah in him

As far as the fumbles go with Jones you never want to undermine two turnovers but for a rookie QB getting used to how much faster pass rushers are in the league it's understandable and it's the same issue we saw from LJ.

You can plainly see that LJ is also even better at making guys miss now knowing how much better his anticipation needs to be at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Na I think you gotta give it to the wily old vet that may just have one last hurrah in him
    I watch a lot of Giants games, he’s pretty bad dude.