Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Recent Mass Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    How?

The type of environment these kids are raised in is the ultimate factor in determining how they will turn out. Parenting is more important now than ever before because there are sooooooooooooooo many other influences that kids are exposed to than when most of us were growing up.

God. Family. Structure. Accountability. Respect. These are all things that used to be celebrated. Now, they are looked at unfavorably by "woke societal standards." THAT is definitely one of the changes in society in the last 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    How?

The type of environment these kids are raised in is the ultimate factor in determining how they will turn out. Parenting is more important now than ever before because there are sooooooooooooooo many other influences that kids are exposed to than when most of us were growing up.

God. Family. Structure. Accountability. Respect. These are all things that used to be celebrated. Now, they are looked at unfavorably by "woke societal standards." THAT is definitely one of the changes in society in the last 20+ years.
    While I agree it starts at home, the schools have a responsibility to pinpoint and help these kids. They see more than mom and dad sometime. If these kids have a typical family ,both mom and dad work. So the teachers and counselors see our kids more than we do.

The biggest thing parents can do is stop with the “ Not my kid “ shit. If your kid acts strange , out of sorts ...talk to them. If that doesn’t help get them help. Politics shouldn’t play a part in our kids /citizens mental health. It’s basic human nature to care about another human. We add the societal bullshit to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    While I agree it starts at home, the schools have a responsibility to pinpoint and help these kids. They see more than mom and dad sometime. If these kids have a typical family ,both mom and dad work. So the teachers and counselors see our kids more than we do.

The biggest thing parents can do is stop with the “ Not my kid “ shit. If your kid acts strange , out of sorts ...talk to them. If that doesn’t help get them help. Politics shouldn’t play a part in our kids /citizens mental health. It’s basic human nature to care about another human. We add the societal bullshit to it.

Problem is, the parenting nowadays makes it difficult for schools to do ANYTHING. The not my kid shit has forced schools to treat kids differently. Last year my daughter had a kid in her class that is a real troublemaker, he hit the teacher one day, and the rules state she can't touch him. She has to call the principle and wait for them to get there. Well that happened, Mom was called, the kid was hugged by Mom with no punishment and back at school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here’s something else. It’s easy to say it’s because of the change / lack of the “traditional American family” or say we need church and other things like in the 50’s. Or it’s their “environment “ that makes these kids do this.

Really?? Last I checked almost 100% of the people doing “mass shootings” in this country are Middle Class White People /kids. Most have a “traditional” home life I.e. mom and dad. Maybe they go to church maybe not. But that ain’t the answer. Believe me.

Kids from a violent / shitty environment and grow up with Broken homes aren’t doing this shit. Their too busy using drugs to kill random people at a mall , night club or concert. Or school for that matter.

Shit maybe this kid in Ohio was an Alter boy who was molested by a Priest? Where’s the church there?

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    I´m sorry, but these are stats that are changed to look like something it is not. Norway has had 1 mass shooting, ever. A horrible one at that, maybe the worst in a western country ever, by a far right maniac.
    Also, included in these stats are family dramas from Switzerland, A criminals stand off with police in a remote cabin in the woods. The Naples incident was also a family incident, in an apartement. I could go on, there are more like this. The only countries that really had any shootings comparable to the ones that occur in the US is probably Finland and Germany.

I´m also not certain that a military like coordinated terrorist attack like the Paris attacks should be included...? Debatable, but it´s not what comes to mind when I think "mass shooting". Also, they have included victims that were not killed by shooting in those stats. Idk, but to me the Paris attacks is just another form of what happened 9/11 or in London, they just happened to use guns instead of airplanes or just bombs (even though many were killed by bombs too, but still included in these stats).

I ´m not saying mass shootings are completley unique to the US, but to try and point it like it´s much more common place in europe then over there only sounds like NRA financed "research" tbh...
    The point is that most of the statistics you see on the "ones you think about" as mass shootings in the US are exactly like the ones you described... family disputes, standoffs, things of that nature... our numbers are padded exactly like that as well. There has been what? 5-7 mass shootings this year that actually made the news? But then you see the media's figure and they state that there has been 250... that's insane. That would mean that there is a mass shooting every single day and some days two, and nobody ever questions that... the truth is we've had a handful, and were a nation of about 350mil people... That's about 73% of the entire population of the EU... Basically, if you removed France and Belgium, we'd have the same population. On top of which, a VAST majority of the EU has very very strict gun control laws, and yet your shooting statistics are nearly the same across the board... In the US, it's NOT like everyone can get a gun like you hear on the news. In fact, every time the news in the US tries to show how easy it is, this happens: https://www.dailywire.com/news/21897...-ryan-saavedra

The other thing that stands out is that it IS true that you have less... but the ones you have are SO much worse. France & Belgium themselves in the last 5 years have nearly as many fatalities from gun violence via mass shooting than the US! The reason? Because when it happens in the EU, your only option is to be a victim and hide. In the US, the police dispatch most of the shooters... but a large percent are taken out by citizens.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Problem is, the parenting nowadays makes it difficult for schools to do ANYTHING. The not my kid shit has forced schools to treat kids differently. Last year my daughter had a kid in her class that is a real troublemaker, he hit the teacher one day, and the rules state she can't touch him. She has to call the principle and wait for them to get there. Well that happened, Mom was called, the kid was hugged by Mom with no punishment and back at school the next day.
    I’m not saying it’s perfect. But we ( Americans ) can’t control what goes on in your house. But we can damn sure empower the schools. We can’t rely on mom and dad. They could be the problem.

Blog Entries

Here’s something else. It’s easy to say it’s because of the change / lack of the “traditional American family” or say we need church and other things like in the 50’s. Or it’s their “environment “ that makes these kids do this.

Really?? Last I checked almost 100% of the people doing “mass shootings” in this country are Middle Class White People /kids. Most have a “traditional” home life I.e. mom and dad. Maybe they go to church maybe not. But that ain’t the answer. Believe me.

Kids from a violent / shitty environment and grow up with Broken homes aren’t doing this shit. Their too busy using drugs to kill random people at a mall , night club or concert. Or school for that matter.

Shit maybe this kid in Ohio was an Alter boy who was molested by a Priest? Where’s the church there?

Relax Lax, I know your hostile to religion/God and frankly I'm not up for the debate there today.

So I'll say that in regards to living a middle class life, like having some life with no struggle makes everyone want to live.... I'd say check out affluenza. Or check out this real quick.

I’m not saying it’s perfect. But we ( Americans ) can’t control what goes on in your house. But we can damn sure empower the schools. We can’t rely on mom and dad. They could be the problem.

I thin ncravens point was that the schools are not strict because of parents that demand their kid be excused because he has some problem
    or other,

Oh and the higher ups in education are all about coddling the problem children
    Last edited by blah3; 08-05-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Relax Lax, I know your hostile to religion/God and frankly I'm not up for the debate there today.

So I'll say that in regards to living a middle class life, like having some life with no struggle makes everyone want to live.... I'd say check out affluenza. Or check out this real quick.

I’m not bashing Religion. That’s actually the founding formula for any 12 step program. I’m just trying to point out that you and Rav make it sound like the shooters here are “inner city kids with no hope” there not. Most are middle class white kids.

Blog Entries

I’m not bashing Religion. That’s actually the founding formula for any 12 step program. I’m just trying to point out that you and Rav make it sound like the shooters here are “inner city kids with no hope” there not. Most are middle class white kids.

I didn't read that at all in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I thin ncravens point was that the schools are not strict because of parents that demand their kid be excused because he has some problem or other,
    That’s part of the problem. We have to shake the “ not my kid “ montra. It is your kid. So what. Get him/ her the help they need. That doesn’t make you a bad parent or them a bad kid.

We live in one of the most developed nations in the world and the answer to every problem is “make tougher or more laws “. Nope! How bout we look at the cause of these problems and work towards a solution.
    We can put men on the moon but we can’t treat mental illness???? Holy shit.
    Why are we so fragile as a society that just because little Johnny isn’t like Blake or Bruce or whoever that we have to deny it? So your kid has special needs. So what? I would think if you truly loved them you’d want them to get all the help they can.

** not meaning you per se in any comment. **

I didn't read that at all in his post.
    To me it’s implied. Maybe I’m wrong since I’m 100% on the Right side of this fence.