Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Outside Perspective & Theories of New Ravens Offense

Thought these were kind of interesting:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ues-to-heat-up

Bucky Brooks:
    “I believe they’re building a triple-option system that they’re going to unleash on the NFL, and if it works, man it could be a game-changer,”.....“Considering the collegiate nature of the Ravens' scheme, the team's player-acquisition strategy could take athletic quarterbacks early in the draft with the idea of playing them on a cheap rookie deal for four or five years before drafting another to replace him at the end of the deal.”

Kevin Clark:
    “[A Ravens] assistant told me that basically they want to reverse the running game trend,” Clark said. “They want in two years people to be writing that the Ravens changed the way we look at running backs and just the running game in general.”
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Outside Perspective & Theories of New Ravens Offense

Like the Seahawks last year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Like the Seahawks last year?
    Well, I think the Seahawks ran the ball more out of necessity, not so much because they want to go in a completely different offensive direction. I think a lot of that was because they didn't have a good OL to protect Wilson and they lacked talent at WR and TE. Tyler Locket was their best receiver last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, I think the Seahawks ran the ball more out of necessity, not so much because they want to go in a completely different offensive direction. I think a lot of that was because they didn't have a good OL to protect Wilson and they lacked talent at WR and TE. Tyler Locket was their best receiver last year.
    Those sound like plausible enough speculations as to the Seahawks reasons.......but that’s not my point.

Reasons aside the Hawks ran the 🏈 a ton.
    They ran it 56% of the time. That’s the most I can remember recently.

I saw on twitter the other day someone say Roman's ratio has been 60:40 run:pass.

I dug into it and it was extremely false. The most skewed he's ever had is 55:45 run:pass. He's extremely balanced based on his record.

I think he's going to be looking for a 55:45 split. With an efficient passing game this O is going to be able to move the ball. Given that they had 3 guys who could all play roles on all teams, I think we could see a 3-headed monster that's going to be interesting model.

I still think the 'collegiate nature' stuff is a little odd. A lot of schemes are doing 'collegiate' things nowadays that it almost seems normal.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

TribLive's John Stiegerwald. He's a longtime member of Pittsburgh media!:

Quote Originally Posted by John Stiegerwald
    You’ll have to excuse me for rooting for the Ravens offense to succeed. All NFL fans should if they’re tired — which they should be — of the league’s dink-and-dunk offenses. Give John Harbaugh credit for having the guts to try something different.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Sounds like everyone is just guessing. I'm hoping we get some hints about this offense in the preseason but that would mean LJ playing a lot which is unlikely. I'm not sure we'll really know until week 1

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sounds like everyone is just guessing. I'm hoping we get some hints about this offense in the preseason but that would mean LJ playing a lot which is unlikely. I'm not sure we'll really know until week 1
    McSorley was quite mobile in college. I'd expect the Ravens don't want to tip their hands too much in preseason, but I'd expect to see some of the concepts with McSorley at QB.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's good because neither will the Dolphins (Sept 8th Opening Day in Miami) know either ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I saw on twitter the other day someone say Roman's ratio has been 60:40 run:pass.

I dug into it and it was extremely false. The most skewed he's ever had is 55:45 run:pass. He's extremely balanced based on his record.

I think he's going to be looking for a 55:45 split. With an efficient passing game this O is going to be able to move the ball. Given that they had 3 guys who could all play roles on all teams, I think we could see a 3-headed monster that's going to be interesting model.

I still think the 'collegiate nature' stuff is a little odd. A lot of schemes are doing 'collegiate' things nowadays that it almost seems normal.
    Well, he may call 55/45 run/pass plays, but that doesn't mean Lamar won't pull it down and run the ball if he doesn't get a good look.

I took the article and commentary as Lamar would have a lot of options at his disposal and a lot of plays would involve run/pass/scramble options.

Annapolis North.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Even that overstates it!

The most run-heavy season that Roman has ever had, was 52.5% run / 47.5% pass (in 2013).

That's counting sacks as pass plays.

On his career, Roman is dead even: 49.9% run / 50.1% pass.