Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Kaepernick For Backup QB?

I kinda gotta agree it's bit of click bait.

There should probably be a thread or forum rules on forbidding threads about Kapernick on why he's not an option for all of the reasons mentioned in the video and how he hasn't gotten a job because he's not any good.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I kinda gotta agree it's bit of click bait.

There should probably be a thread or forum rules on forbidding threads about Kapernick on why he's not an option for all of the reasons mentioned in the video and how he hasn't gotten a job because he's not any good.
    LOL!

Even if there were "Forum Rules" against Kap threads, it was TONY that started the thread!!

He can do whatever he wants, he owns the site.

Well, I'm back from London.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    LOL!

Even if there were "Forum Rules" against Kap threads, it was TONY that started the thread!!

He can do whatever he wants, he owns the site.
    Maybe just pin it or sticky whatever it's called so there's no need to have another thread, article or podcast about a guy who's been out of the league for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Oh my God! It's a fucking cancer: when losing an argument, regardless of veracity, the lefty haters (Democratic Party politicians & media, primarily) start hurling the "racist" remark.

I saw absolutely nothing is this discussion that merits accusing fellow board members as "racists". This sounds like Elijah Cummings, who cannot reasonably defend why he's attacking border protection measures instead of helping his West Baltimore constituency, now attacking the Commander-in-Chief with vile & vicious & lying so-called "racist" accusations. I'm frankly getting sick of. It's a lefty version of the police state which suppresses other's opinions.

Since the racist accusation has now ruined this discussion, I shall now move it to the Politics forum.
    Well, if you can´t grasp that, which of course you can, you just want to spill som poison on "leftists", since your a Trumpist, there no way I can explain it to you. You´re showing with this post alkone clearly where you stand in this; "losing an argument"? What..? ""lefty haters", "attacking border protection measures" "the Commander-in-Chief". Jeez, you really have a divided society over there don´t you...

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I don't recall previous Kaepernick discussions on this forum but I'm sure they exist given the volatility of the topic/debate. For those who label the post "click bait", well if it isn't worthy of discussion, don't discuss. If it isn't worthy of a click, don't click. You all have the ability to make your own choices.

As for the King Kong analogy, when have I ever come on these boards, pound my chest and insinuate in any way, "this is mine...I'll do as I please"? I'll wait for a reply...

And for those of you who thought it was appropriate to ding my reputation points, well that's your prerogative, but really? Wow. Ok, then. Duly noted.

Enjoy your day...

P.S. For those who don't take "the bait", don't want to listen, here's the transcript...

RGIII will miss a few weeks after suffering a fractured thumb on his throwing hand during the team’s practice at M&T Bank Stadium this past Saturday night. The injury sets the team back a bit because at the moment, they’ll be forced to go with two quarterbacks in camp and that’s a heavy load to handle for Lamar Jackson and Trace McSorley.

The Ravens are likely to sign a quarterback as soon as today and the pickings are thin. The names of Brock Osweiler and Josh Johnson have been bantered about but there’s one player out there who schematically is a perfect fit for the new Ravens offense.

Colin Kaepernick.

Think about it. He and Lamar have similar styles. Both are mobile, both can run the RPO style offense and in the event of an injury, the Ravens would not have to adjust their scheme to fit the style of the replacement quarterback the way they did when Lamar served as Joe Flacco’s backup.

Plus, Greg Roman is intimately familiar with Kaepernick as the two teamed up to lift the 49ers to Super Bowl 47, nearly completing a dramatic comeback against the Ravens.

But it will never happen.

I’ve had the honor to visit Ravens Roosts and Nests as a guest speaker. By nature, these fans are a patriotic bunch and what happened in London back in September of 2017 still lingers for some. Some still participate as Roost or Nest members, but they’ve boycotted the NFL since. They are a microcosm of the Ravens fan base – a fan base that soured on the team for a bit due to some mediocre seasons, the costs of going to the games and the inconvenience of traffic jams.

The kneeling in London sent many over the edge. Some have returned. Some have not. Their angst still lingers. For the many who have returned, a Kaepernick signing could persuade them to do a 180 and walk back out. It would be a public relations disaster for the Ravens, despite the ideal fit, to sign Kaepernick.

And they won’t.

Let’s not forget that Kaepernick’s girlfriend, Nessa Diab, likened Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti to a slave master and Ray Lewis to a senior house slave in a Tweet back in August of 2017. That put to rest any thought of bringing on Kaepernick. And his grievance hearing last year didn’t help matters either.

RGIII will be back soon enough and when he returns, all will be normal again. The Ravens only need a training camp arm to get them through the summer. And that arm will not be attached to the protesting body of Colin Kaepernick.
    So you definitively state there is no chance the ravens would ever sign lap, but then defend again the thread being click bait??????

Blog Entries

I knew it was just a matter of time before this thread was dumped down here.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So you definitively state there is no chance the ravens would ever sign lap, but then defend again the thread being click bait??????
    I had a couple people ask me on Monday about Kaepernick as a possible replacement for the injured RGIII. So I thought I'd address that in an article/video. I believe it concludes in a way that most here would support.

So, let me get this straight...if a writer picks a topic, objectively considers both sides, creates an opinion piece, draws his or her own conclusion, publishes it and shares it, that's click bait?

Don't most opinion pieces fit this description?

So by nature, opinion pieces are click bait?

Got it!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I had a couple people ask me on Monday about Kaepernick as a possible replacement for the injured RGIII. So I thought I'd address that in an article/video. I believe it concludes in a way that most here would support.

So, let me get this straight...if a writer picks a topic, objectively considers both sides, creates an opinion piece, draws his or her own conclusion, publishes it and shares it, that's click bait?

Don't most opinion pieces fit this description?

So by nature, opinion pieces are click bait?

Got it!
    I think it’s more the title of the thread than anything, especially when it comes from you, who we understand has inside sources.

Not to dwell on something so minor as if it’s click bait, but if the thread was labeled “No Kaepernick will never be a Raven, here’s why” I think people wouldn’t have cared so mich

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think it’s more the title of the thread than anything, especially when it comes from you, who we understand has inside sources.

Not to dwell on something so minor as if it’s click bait, but if the thread was labeled “No Kaepernick will never be a Raven, here’s why” I think people wouldn’t have cared so mich
    Totally this. ‘Why kap isn’t an option to sign after rgiii injury’ would have been a totally more honest headline.