Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Trump calls out Elijah Cummings, says his district conditions are worse than the border's and they are

Former Baltimore mayor(smelled dead animals) who was canned because of a scandal and Bernie Sanders (3rd world country) used to agree with Trump till he said it. Imagine that.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=271852490123982

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bernie...y_3021278.html

Re: Trump calls out Elijah Cummings, says his district conditions are worse than the border's and they are

I think that Cummings, and the Democrats & unethical media, are akin to "the Boy Who Cried Wolf" They have been painting the term "racist" on their enemies to such an extent that many Americans have become immune to the incendiary charge. That was the case here: Trump never mentioned race in going after the 4 commie bitches when he stated they should go back to where they came from. There wasn't even a double meaning - although Cummings and his fellow criminals are trying to make one up.

Cummings - and the condition of West Baltimore under 5 decades of corrupt Democratic Party rule - are an embarrassment to Marylanders.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I think that Cummings, and the Democrats & unethical media, are akin to "the Boy Who Cried Wolf" They have been painting the term "racist" on their enemies to such an extent that many Americans have become immune to the incendiary charge. That was the case here: Trump never mentioned race in going after the 4 commie bitches when he stated they should go back to where they came from. There wasn't even a double meaning - although Cummings and his fellow criminals are trying to make one up.

Cummings - and the condition of West Baltimore under 5 decades of corrupt Democratic Party rule - are an embarrassment to Marylanders.
    I’m curious about what the consensus is around the city about Trump.

The country is kicking ass and AA’s in particular are doing well. Trump’s policies are helping on a national level. Does that resonate w/Baltimore residents? Do they care?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    That is fine but the world doesn't exist in our own bubble. Whether I tune into those shows doesn't matter and if they are going to be dishonest about it that doesn't mean Trump should feed into the narrative.

Beyond optics I don't agree with his comments if he wants to go after Cummings (who I have no use for) fine whatever but I don't believe in kicking the people who are down on their luck in his district I just don't. He should be looking at ways to uplift baltimore as president.

I don't agree with CNN often or at all people know my politics pretty well but the host the other person mentioned was right on they are Americans, they goto work, have families, take their kids to school. Maybe I am kind of hypocritical as someone who left Baltimore long ago but to me it was a low blow and totally unnecessary.
    As a lifelong Baltimorean, I have to admit the comments stung at first. But when examined minus the emotion, they are true. Trump makes a lot of points many have been echoing for years. I remember a time when a local newspaper sponsored 'Clean Block" programs, for example. People got out on the weekends and cleaned up their neighborhoods. The only help we asked for from the city was extra garbage bags to aid with trash collection. Hate to sound like an old man yelling at clouds, but we cared about the place where we lived, a novel concept, I know. You know what else? We LIKED the police! There was a program called Officer Friendly that allowed uniformed police officers to visit schools and speak to the kids about careers in law enforcement. At one time I wanted to become a LEO. The bottom line is, before looking for outside help dealing with crime, trashy neighborhoods, etc, we tried to do something about it ourselves. Even down to hiring the local kids to work in our businesses. I coached basketball/baseball/football for over 15 years. Volunteered in the Baltimore City school system for 10. At this point, I don't have anymore answers. The paradigm I grew up around doesn't exist anymore. I don't know if these kids are even reachable at this point. But at any rate, it HAS to start with the citizens. You can't care more about them than they care for themselves.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    In 1990 in New York City...2,245 people were murdered.

Rudy Giuliani and the NYPD changed everything and helped turn the city around.

As of 2017, NYC had 290 homicides which is their lowest number since the 1940's.

It’s possible to make any city safer...including Baltimore.

STRONG leadership, an honest assessment of the problems, and public support for the police is what the city needs right now. Berating CBP agents in Texas and pushing Russian collusion hoaxes doesn't impact ANYONE in the city. Something needs to change.

Who's going to be Baltimore's Giuliani?

...but...but...racism.
    Ed Norris speaks a lot about his time as NYC Police Captain back then. It CAN be done here, but someone has to have the balls to do it. Like I've mentioned before, the first thing that needs to happen is the DA has to go. Then you bring in a Commissioner who starts enforcing quality of life statutes. Then you bring back stop and frisk. The criminals illegally carrying weapons will start being weeded out in this process. Then you start busting the drug gangs and throw away the key. In 3-5 years, this city will be unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ed Norris speaks a lot about his time as NYC Police Captain back then. It CAN be done here, but someone has to have the balls to do it. Like I've mentioned before, the first thing that needs to happen is the DA has to go. Then you bring in a Commissioner who starts enforcing quality of life statutes. Then you bring back stop and frisk. The criminals illegally carrying weapons will start being weeded out in this process. Then you start busting the drug gangs and throw away the key. In 3-5 years, this city will be unrecognizable.
    The more you talk about this Ed Norris guy...the more I like him.

The template is there for what to do since it’s been done. Someone just needs to step up.

The residents need to wake the hell up too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    The more you talk about this Ed Norris guy...the more I like him.

The template is there for what to do since it’s been done. Someone just needs to step up.

The residents need to wake the hell up too.
    He was the former Police Commissioner for Baltimore City who was railroaded by city politics. His crime? Being disliked by Martin O'Malley.

And as far as the residents go, sometimes people don't know what's good for them until it's already been done. There are some residents who care, some who don't and some who don't know whether to care or not. You can't please everybody. And the ones who don't want their city cleaner/safer, etc don't rate well enough to be concerned with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Outstanding post!!! Totally agree. Nothing to add.

Blog Entries

As a lifelong Baltimorean, I have to admit the comments stung at first. But when examined minus the emotion, they are true. Trump makes a lot of points many have been echoing for years. I remember a time when a local newspaper sponsored 'Clean Block" programs, for example. People got out on the weekends and cleaned up their neighborhoods. The only help we asked for from the city was extra garbage bags to aid with trash collection. Hate to sound like an old man yelling at clouds, but we cared about the place where we lived, a novel concept, I know. You know what else? We LIKED the police! There was a program called Officer Friendly that allowed uniformed police officers to visit schools and speak to the kids about careers in law enforcement. At one time I wanted to become a LEO. The bottom line is, before looking for outside help dealing with crime, trashy neighborhoods, etc, we tried to do something about it ourselves. Even down to hiring the local kids to work in our businesses. I coached basketball/baseball/football for over 15 years. Volunteered in the Baltimore City school system for 10. At this point, I don't have anymore answers. The paradigm I grew up around doesn't exist anymore. I don't know if these kids are even reachable at this point. But at any rate, it HAS to start with the citizens. You can't care more about them than they care for themselves.
    The first thing that needs to happen is the gangs need to be eradicated. They really need to go full Kurt Russell in Tombstone “I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it” Stop arresting the gang-bangers. Kill them on-site.

I just heard that the Trump administration signed off on $16 billion in federal grants to Cummings’ district in 2018. Yeah. $16 billion...with a “b.”

I’d love to see an audit on where that money was spent.

Side note: I am beyond thrilled that the national media is talking about Baltimore. THIS is how political change happens.

Blog Entries

He was the former Police Commissioner for Baltimore City who was railroaded by city politics. His crime? Being disliked by Martin O'Malley.

And as far as the residents go, sometimes people don't know what's good for them until it's already been done. There are some residents who care, some who don't and some who don't know whether to care or not. You can't please everybody. And the ones who don't want their city cleaner/safer, etc don't rate well enough to be concerned with anyway.
    I wanted to hear what he had to say this morning about Baltimore, but he was off today, and may be off all week.