Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Trump calls out Elijah Cummings, says his district conditions are worse than the border's and they are

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    That is fine but the world doesn't exist in our own bubble. Whether I tune into those shows doesn't matter and if they are going to be dishonest about it that doesn't mean Trump should feed into the narrative.

Beyond optics I don't agree with his comments if he wants to go after Cummings (who I have no use for) fine whatever but I don't believe in kicking the people who are down on their luck in his district I just don't. He should be looking at ways to uplift baltimore as president.

I don't agree with CNN often or at all people know my politics pretty well but the host the other person mentioned was right on they are Americans, they goto work, have families, take their kids to school. Maybe I am kind of hypocritical as someone who left Baltimore long ago but to me it was a low blow and totally unnecessary.
    Cummings has been attacking POTUS since 2015.

After Cummings recently berated CBP agents when he visited the Southern border...Trump decided to fight back, and he went for the jugular. Cummings is more concerned with helping illegal immigrants than helping his rat-infested district. That. Is. Inexcusable.

Cummings 100% deserved to be called out for his failures. The guy...and his wife...are ripping Baltimore off. The city deserves better.

Blog Entries

Re: Trump calls out Elijah Cummings, says his district conditions are worse than the border's and they are

That is fine but the world doesn't exist in our own bubble. Whether I tune into those shows doesn't matter and if they are going to be dishonest about it that doesn't mean Trump should feed into the narrative.

Beyond optics I don't agree with his comments if he wants to go after Cummings (who I have no use for) fine whatever but I don't believe in kicking the people who are down on their luck in his district I just don't. He should be looking at ways to uplift baltimore as president.

I don't agree with CNN often or at all people know my politics pretty well but the host the other person mentioned was right on they are Americans, they goto work, have families, take their kids to school. Maybe I am kind of hypocritical as someone who left Baltimore long ago but to me it was a low blow and totally unnecessary.
    I don’t understand how Trumps comments hand anything against anyone in your last paragraph.

The point I took was that the people leading the charge against conditions in our southern border are neglecting the people in their own district.

Blog Entries

So glad to hear President Trump speak the truth about Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don’t understand how Trumps comments hand anything against anyone in your last paragraph.

The point I took was that the people leading the charge against conditions in our southern border are neglecting the people in their own district.

The comments bother me because they are moronic. Do you want to see the democrats elected? I don't. Now every morning talk show is going to brand his comments racist so whatever message you think he sending is totally lost.

Do you want trump to be more classy and civil and polite? You think that will have the media treat him more fairly? Except it won’t. Romney was a classy and civil guy and they branded him a super huge sexist with a ‘binder full of women’ .

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Do you want trump to be more classy and civil and polite? You think that will have the media treat him more fairly? Except it won’t. Romney was a classy and civil guy and they branded him a super huge sexist with a ‘binder full of women’ .
    Actually no I don't mind him being a bulldog at all. I just want him to be more thoughtful about what he says the best insults are the ones where people choose their words carefully.

He could have said what he wanted to say without the added part of noone wanting to live in baltimore and it being rat infested. I've said what I wanted to say I cringed when I heard him punch down on Cummings constituents instead of demanding Cummings uplift them. All he needed to do was even add that little part to the end of the sentence and the media would have been forced to put up the entire quote.

He constantly gives ammunition to his enemies and leaves his allies to clean up the mess. It's tiresome. Do you honestly think this is going to win over independents?

And on personal note I had a real problem with the comments it reminded me of when Clinton called us deplorables. It's like ha,ha you live in shithole baltimore. You want to know why noone attacked Bernie Sanders for his quote because it was made in the context of trying to improve the situation not insult the people living there.

Since Trump tweet he has tried to clean it up but at some point it sort of becomes a pattern if that is what you really meant say it in the first place. it's twitter not a press gaggle there is time for Trump to sit down and word what he says whatever way he wants.

Actually no I don't mind him being a bulldog at all. I just want him to be more thoughtful about what he says the best insults are the ones where people choose their words carefully.

He could have said what he wanted to say without the added part of noone wanting to live in baltimore and it being rat infested. I've said what I wanted to say I cringed when I heard him punch down on Cummings constituents instead of demanding Cummings uplift them. All he needed to do was even add that little part to the end of the sentence and the media would have been forced to put up the entire quote.

He constantly gives ammunition to his enemies and leaves his allies to clean up the mess. It's tiresome. Do you honestly think this is going to win over independents?

And on personal note I had a real problem with the comments it reminded me of when Clinton called us deplorables. It's like ha,ha you live in shithole baltimore. You want to know why noone attacked Bernie Sanders for his quote because it was made in the context of trying to improve the situation not insult the people living there.

Since Trump tweet he has tried to clean it up but at some point it sort of becomes a pattern if that is what you really meant say it in the first place. it's twitter not a press gaggle there is time for Trump to sit down and word what he says whatever way he wants.
    Excellent take. Civility is below no one, and the most powerful among us should receive the most scrutiny. There is a lot of talk of "sheep" on this forum, yet Trump is clearly the shepherd for many. Are we to blame Mitch Mac for a meth infested trailer park in Kentucky?

Punch down on Cummings' constituents? Insult people living there? Huh?

You mean...these constituents?

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...53573959028737

Trump said that the district that Cummings oversees is rat infested and...ya know what...it is!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...226-story.html

Is the Sun wrong to point this out?

Cummings is down in Texas berating CBP agents while his district rots away. THAT was the point in calling him out.

"ha,ha you live in shithole baltimore?" That's what you took from this? Trump is laughing at Baltimore? Ya know...my family still resides in Harford County and the one thing I notice when I interact w/them to this day is the oversized chip that is still on all of their shoulders. If ANYONE from any walk of life throws shade on the town they live in...they take it personally and get heated. It's part of the "Baltimore inferiority complex" that a lot of us have. I get it.

Blog Entries

"The truth is that what’s happening in places like Baltimore has nothing to do with race. But it has everything to do with politics and inept Democratic lawmakers who have turned their backs on their most vulnerable constituents."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/todd...deserve-better

Anyone defending Elijiah Cummings and playing the race card is just contributing to the issues in Baltimore. You just need to drive through the city to see Trump is right.

Trump criticized Baltimore and Cummings, and within minutes the Mayor and Council President respond back. I still have not seen a response from them regarding the 3 brutal crimes that occurred over the past week.

Looking for ways to uplift Baltimore? If he offered to totally rebuild houses and communities so that everyone had a decent place to live, it would be rejected by the politicians in Baltimore. There is nothing he can do because the left simply will not allow it. It wouldn’t feed their narrative, which is more important to them then helping any of their citizens.

"When the leaders of Baltimore want to see the City rise again, I am in a very beautiful oval shaped office waiting for your call!" - DJT

Let's see if anyone in Baltimore takes him up on the offer.