Page 48 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast

Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Regressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I don't have the exact number in front of me, but when you factor in spending cuts, the number of people who experienced a net benefit from the tax cuts goes down significantly.

I also don't think that most people view their lives as numbers on a balance sheet. It is important for a President to be perceived as intelligent, strategic, competent, etc.

Since you mention FOX, and seem to equate it to a conservative point of view, I hope you don't judge left-wingers by the drivel that is often shown on CNN, MSNBC and the like. A lot of what is being represented as left-wing out there on TV and the Internet is not accurate.
    See, this is the problem. "I don't have the numbers in front of me but you need to be looking at how this is affecting individuals!" No... that's not how federal government works... at all. If you're miserable and you don't have a job, and your town sucks, you need to look at your mayor and local reps... then maybe your governor. If the US is doing terrible things that wiped out your entire industry... then sure... blame the president... but THAT ISNT CURRENTLY HAPPENING! Why do you think Bernie keeps telling stories about "Ben in Toledo.." or "Maggie, a receptionist in Pulaski, OH..." First off, notice the state they are ALWAYS FROM. It is a swing state every single time. Not one of these people is EVER from CA or NY. They always happen to be from OH, FL, WI, PA...

The president's job is to make sure we are doing things well on a macro level. He's adjusting our trade policy. He's changing our diplomacy in the middle east. He's making sure that regulations that were hurting industries are removed. He's trying to put in regulations that are creating inequity in certain markets. Democrats aren't even attacking him on these things because they've been amazingly successful. Every last argument they have is, "Look at how mean he is!" Who cares? People that question his intelligence are laughable... the guy is incredibly smart. Business classes have taught, for decades, how he restructured the debt of the Trump organization.

Is he strategic? Yes. North Korea launched dozens of missiles over international waters per YEAR under Obama, and started getting materials for nuclear weapons. That all stopped immediately under Trump. NK launched more missiles in the last year of Obama than in the entire first term of Trump. That is a win.

Obama started two additional wars and elongated a third because of his incompetence. We had skirmishes and lost lives in Lybia for no reason at all... and Syria became a hot bed of craziness. Oh, we also lost Egypt as a top ally in the region under Obama, as well as Israel held back intelligence from us because they stopped trusting the Obama admin to keep certain topics classified from their enemies. Oh... and ISIS went from some guys in the dessert to well armed with AMERICAN EQUIPMENT somehow... oh, and Iran got fully funded even though they were the #1 terrorist sponsor country in the world... OH, and Russia "hacked our election"... OH, and China.... do I even need to go on???

So my point is that your perception of Obama being intelligent is inaccurate... he wasn't. Not even close. Nor was he respected on the world stage, nor was he strategic. Nobody outside of MSM and their acolytes believed that for one second. I'll tell you what though... the world sure as hell listens to Trump, and we have a LOT of countries booting their crap government in favor of ones similar to our current political landscape.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    See, this is the problem. "I don't have the numbers in front of me but you need to be looking at how this is affecting individuals!" No... that's not how federal government works... at all. If you're miserable and you don't have a job, and your town sucks, you need to look at your mayor and local reps... then maybe your governor. If the US is doing terrible things that wiped out your entire industry... then sure... blame the president... but THAT ISNT CURRENTLY HAPPENING! Why do you think Bernie keeps telling stories about "Ben in Toledo.." or "Maggie, a receptionist in Pulaski, OH..." First off, notice the state they are ALWAYS FROM. It is a swing state every single time. Not one of these people is EVER from CA or NY. They always happen to be from OH, FL, WI, PA...

The president's job is to make sure we are doing things well on a macro level. He's adjusting our trade policy. He's changing our diplomacy in the middle east. He's making sure that regulations that were hurting industries are removed. He's trying to put in regulations that are creating inequity in certain markets. Democrats aren't even attacking him on these things because they've been amazingly successful. Every last argument they have is, "Look at how mean he is!" Who cares? People that question his intelligence are laughable... the guy is incredibly smart. Business classes have taught, for decades, how he restructured the debt of the Trump organization.

Is he strategic? Yes. North Korea launched dozens of missiles over international waters per YEAR under Obama, and started getting materials for nuclear weapons. That all stopped immediately under Trump. NK launched more missiles in the last year of Obama than in the entire first term of Trump. That is a win.

Obama started two additional wars and elongated a third because of his incompetence. We had skirmishes and lost lives in Lybia for no reason at all... and Syria became a hot bed of craziness. Oh, we also lost Egypt as a top ally in the region under Obama, as well as Israel held back intelligence from us because they stopped trusting the Obama admin to keep certain topics classified from their enemies. Oh... and ISIS went from some guys in the dessert to well armed with AMERICAN EQUIPMENT somehow... oh, and Iran got fully funded even though they were the #1 terrorist sponsor country in the world... OH, and Russia "hacked our election"... OH, and China.... do I even need to go on???

So my point is that your perception of Obama being intelligent is inaccurate... he wasn't. Not even close. Nor was he respected on the world stage, nor was he strategic. Nobody outside of MSM and their acolytes believed that for one second. I'll tell you what though... the world sure as hell listens to Trump, and we have a LOT of countries booting their crap government in favor of ones similar to our current political landscape.
    I agree, Ditka.

It's funny how the corporate media says the same thing whenever a Republican is President compared to when a Democrat is President. Republican President's are all dumb, racist, and corrupt (GWB, Trump) while Democrat Presidents are just super duper smart and way more competent (WJC, Obama).

The media's sole purpose in their daily political activism is to frame EVERYTHING in the DNC's favor. This isn't debatable...it's just the reality of what corporate media has become and how it's used in today's saturated market of nonstop information.

Henry Luce warned us about this in 1947 w/the creation of the Hutchins Commission which was created to explore whether the freedom of the press was in danger and the proper function of the media in a modern democracy. This was in 1947, mind you.

The commission warned:

-The modern press has the ability to facilitate thought and discussion.
    -They can stifle it.
    -They can advance the progress of civilization or they can thwart it.
    -They can debase and vulgarize mankind.
    -They can endanger the peace of the world.
    -They can foster and feed emotions.
    -They can create create complacent fictions and blind spots.
    -Their scope and power increase everyday as new instruments become available to them.
    -These instruments can spread lies faster and farther than our forefathers dreamed.

Again, this was created in 1947! Pretty incredible, eh?

With that being said...it's funny to listen to someone buy into the corporate media's presentation of ANYTHING political since it's admittedly propaganda/lies (speculation) dressed up as "news." When I say the word "sheep"...it's mostly used to describe someone who isn't skeptical about what the "political TV person" is saying nor do they want to understand the content or know if what is being said is actually true or false. The "TV person" attaches some type of emotional sentiment to their message (racist, Hitler, dictator, etc) because it further confuses the viewer so they believe what they're hearing. This strategy is not new, but it's something America hasn't experienced on this level before in the mainstream. IMO, being skeptical about "news" in today's climate is more important than ever.

If you ever read "Secret History of the CIA" by Joe Trenta...you will see that this type of "disinformation strategy" has been happening in other countries for years (especially during the Cold War) and American Intelligence has helped create, shape, and push the strategy to their benefit. This is currently going on in the US right now as the CIA is DIRECTLY involved in all of the bullshit going on behind the scenes. "Sheep" have no interest in believing this or understanding it because (insert emotional feeling here).

A former secret service agent of 30+ years told me once..."if you ever want to learn anything about politics, turn off the TV." I agree wholeheartedly.

Accomplishments vs failures in any line of work...business, sports, politics...is the universal measure of success. By that standard, it's pretty easy to come to your own conclusion about who's competent at any job and who's not...and I don't need the corporate media to tell me.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 09-30-2019 at 12:39 PM.

The president's job is to make sure we are doing things well on a macro level. He's adjusting our trade policy.
    The jury is still out on wheather that will be succesful though, right?

He's changing our diplomacy in the middle east.
    Are you here arguing for the better? If so, how? In my eyes, all he´s done in strengthen the relations with Saudi, arguably one of the worst regimes out there, alienate the palestinians almost completley and having a seemingly clueless policy towards Iran that hasn´t made anything better for anyone.

He's making sure that regulations that were hurting industries are removed. He's trying to put in regulations that are creating inequity in certain markets. Democrats aren't even attacking him on these things because they've been amazingly successful. Every last argument they have is, "Look at how mean he is!" Who cares? People that question his intelligence are laughable... the guy is incredibly smart. Business classes have taught, for decades, how he restructured the debt of the Trump organization.
    I´d say he´s been attacked on most of these issues aswell, directly or indirectly. The regulations you mention in many cases means taking away demands on industries to be more climate and environmentally friendly, democrats sure don´t agree with this stance.
    It´s as laughable as the conclusion you make about Obama not being intelligent. I know I´d bet on Obama in a Wechsler test. Trump sure as hell doesn´t come across as especially clever or up to date on most things tbh. Quite the opposite.
    Do theyr really teach that? I´ve also heard that he´s been used as an example of how to NOT conduct business. I´ll give him he´s a succesful businessman on the whole though.

So this is your basis of him being strategic? Those I mentioned above then, is that strategic aswell?
    This is completley wrong claims anyway though. First, North Korea has tried to develop nuclear weapons since atleast the 1960s. In 2006 they tested their first certain succesful nuclear test, so where did you hear that they started getting materials for that under Obama and that Trump put a stop to it? None of it is even remotley correct. Genuin question, out of curiosity.
    Also, Trumps first year as president, 2017, North Korea conducted 21 missile lauches, the second most ever after 2016, when it was 24. And now this year their already close to 20 again. So no, they did certainly not lauch more missiles during Obamas year then Trumps first term.
    There was a pause in 2018, but probably had very little to do with Trump. They´ve had plenty of pauses like this before, and spikes in test before aswell, usually totally unrelated to who happens to be president in the US. North Korea is a different animal than any other country ever pretty much, and they have been known to do this both for internal political reasons aswell as when they want/need something from the rest of the world. Always follows they same pattern: some war mongering, conduct some tests, when the world condemns, be threatening, only to later accept to get back to talks and get something in return for stopping the tests. It´s been going on like this since the early 1980s.
    And now it´s happening again, with delgations from the US and North Korea meeting here as I write this.

Obama started two additional wars and elongated a third because of his incompetence.
    You base this on what?

We had skirmishes and lost lives in Lybia for no reason at all... and Syria became a hot bed of craziness.
    Lybia was probably Obamas worst mistake, agreed. Syria I wouldn´t blame on him whatsoever. Do you blame TRump for it now?

Oh, we also lost Egypt as a top ally in the region under Obama, as well as Israel held back intelligence from us because they stopped trusting the Obama admin to keep certain topics classified from their enemies.
    Yeah, because the Arab Spring uprisings are somehow Obamas fault...? Or what? In your opinion, what should he have done regarding Egypt?

I´m sure every country holds back information from all other countries all the time. I also know it´s been said by former head of the Mossad that Israel sure as hell withhold information from Trump because of the very reason you state here. Never heard it about Obama though, but interested in hearing where this comes from?

Oh... and ISIS went from some guys in the dessert to well armed with AMERICAN EQUIPMENT somehow...
    Again, in your opinion, how is this Obamas fault? And has Trump cut back on arms sales to Saudi and UAE, where these weapons came from? No...

oh, and Iran got fully funded even though they were the #1 terrorist sponsor country in the world... OH, and Russia "hacked our election"... OH, and China.... do I even need to go on???
    What do you mean by "Iran got fully funded" exactly?
    Yes, there´s no doubt whatsoever that Russia interfered with your election, aswell as several other elections in western europe. Wheather you believe there was any collusion with Trumps and his folks should be irreleveant here, you should still know and understand that there´s basically no doubt whatsoever in any western countrys intelligence services that this is real.

And your point is, like I said, not valid, since it´s not even correct in most cases.

Obama was much more respected on the world stage. Show me ONE surevey that shows trust in or support for Trump is bigger in general than for Obama please. I can show you an infinite number of the opposite btw, if you want.

Do you have any sort of proof that the world "sure as hell listens to Trump", but didn´t to Obama?

Here we go with this again... Please don´t come dragging with the un-elected Boris again. Bolsonaro is a Trump-like leader, Hungary has Trumplike leaders but had it way before him. Other than that? Since you say a lot of countries in caps, ypu must have dozens of examples presumably?

Robert ORourke just dropped out of the race.

The whore is laying off staff and closing offices.

Biden is running out of money.

Meanwhile...POTUS is breaking the record books in fundraising.

Interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Robert ORourke just dropped out of the race.

The whore is laying off staff and closing offices.

Biden is running out of money.

Meanwhile...POTUS is breaking the record books in fundraising.

Interesting.
    Say it ain't so? Now he can enroll in Spanish classes full time. Hablo Espaniol? What happened to his white privilege?

Blog Entries

Warren is going to get the nomination.

I sincerely don’t think she can beat Trump. She’s so fake.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Is it too late for Katie Hill to throw her hat (and clothes) in the ring? She has shown that she's willing to work with both sides of the aisle if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by CarrollCoRaven; 11-01-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Virtually our entire election system is broken and needs to be blown up and started from scratch. Finance reform, voter id, increased opportunities for alternative parties, term limits... campaigning for years while in office...

These democratic candidates are almost as bad as the past go around... what a joke. We have Santa Claus, vs Oprah vs... nothing but a contest of giving away free stuff.

I don’t care what party they are From, the most fiscally conservative candidate will always get my vote.

Also, love the comment months ago about the democrat hating “not moderate” republicans here...

Lots of Libertarians last I checked. Gay Marriage and Abortion are pretty well accepted these parts, clearly far right opinions to hold...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Virtually our entire election system is broken and needs to be blown up and started from scratch. Finance reform, voter id, increased opportunities for alternative parties, term limits... campaigning for years while in office...

These democratic candidates are almost as bad as the past go around... what a joke. We have Santa Claus, vs Oprah vs... nothing but a contest of giving away free stuff.

I don’t care what party they are From, the most fiscally conservative candidate will always get my vote.

Also, love the comment months ago about the democrat hating “not moderate” republicans here...

Lots of Libertarians last I checked. Gay Marriage and Abortion are pretty well accepted these parts, clearly far right opinions to hold...

I think (for the board clowns). Anything to the right of socialism, is considered extreme right

11. Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I think (for the board clowns). Anything to the right of socialism, is considered extreme right
    Good point. Quite true.

12. Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Is it too late for Katie Hill to throw her hat (and clothes) in the ring? She has shown that she's willing to work with both sides of the aisle if you know what I mean.
    Hey man, cut her some slack. It wasn't her fault, but the fault of the "right wing media" and "hateful political operators".