Page 162 of 182 FirstFirst ... 160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 1,933 to 1,944 of 2174

Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Let's add some clarity here...

1/11/20: Chinese state media report a death from an illness that originated in their Wuhan region

1/15/20: Pelosi and the Democrats vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. They celebrate the occasion with a "signing ceremony" using commemorative pens.

1/21/20: The first person arrives in the US w/the China Virus. He had been in Wuhan.

1/23/20: House impeachment managers make their opening arguments to remove Trump from office.

1/23/20: China closes down Wuhan to stop the spread of this illness.

1/29/20: Trump creates a China Virus task force to deal with the situation.

*The media accuses Trump of ______ism by claiming the members of the task force aren't diverse enough.

1/30/20: Senators begin asking 2days worth of questions during the impeachment trial.

1/31/20: WHO declares the China Virus to be a global health emergency.

1/31/20: Senate holds a vote on whether to allow more witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial/

1/31/20: Trump declares a national health emergency in the US and enforces a nationwide travel ban on all travel from China.

*Democrats call Trump racist, xenophobic, and hysterical for shutting down travel from China.

2/3/20: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments calling Trump a threat to national security.

2/4/20: Trump specifically stands firm in defending the US against the China Virus during his State of the Union speech. Nancy Pelosi tears the speech up on national television once its over.

2/5/20: The Senate acquits Trump on both articles of impeachment.

So, you want a metric for determining if Trump is doing a good job? Ok...I guess the most common sense way to determine that is to compare his actions to the last time a President had to deal with a pandemic. Let's compare and contrast shall we.

The H1N1 flu pandemic began in April of 2009...and by the time Obama put the weight of the federal government behind it...millions of people in the United States had already been infected...at least 20,000 had been hospitalized and more than 1,000 were dead according to Dr Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at the time. By comparison and to give some context to the job that Trump is doing...his predecessor waited 6 months and until millions of Americans were infected, and thousands were dead before he pushed the Federal government to get involved. Trump on the other hand waited for ZERO Americans to die because he was acting before ANYBODY else was. The Democrats were trying to impeach him on bullshit impeachment charges andhe was putting a China Virus Task Force together and at the same time shutting down travel from China. He was relentlessly attacked by the MSM/Left for both acts, but he still had the intuition to act before anyone else did.

Fauci said it best: "Thanks to President Trump’s travel restrictions, we are ahead of the curve on preventing a major influx of coronavirus cases from Europe."

Even Gavin Newsome...the Governor of California...is praising the President:
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/10/g...e-coronavirus/

So, if you're looking for a "metric" to grade him on...there ya go.
    Rav, on the real...I hope you'll be alright if Trump loses in November. President's come and go. There is more than life than this political BS. I'm seeing 50 year old men with families die over this virus. Dudes who were healthy. I'm 47 and this gives me some damn perspective. I have allergies and I'm paranoid like shit that I didnt catch nothing going to to the store buying food for the family. Deciphering allergy symptoms with this madness is unneeded stress. I'm just saying this not really directed at you. Just in general, venting. I have my feelings that I've stated about this and Trump... But now, Im like...like in the last couple of days...I could care less who the president is. I just want us to make it through this Chinese virus...or wherever it originated. I'm leaning on the people I love, my Lord, and doing what I need to do to be safe...oh and playing online poker.

The world won't be over regardless who is president. I'm guilty of making comparisons myself. I'm going to try really hard not to do it anymore more until this is over. This situation is serious we in right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Rav, on the real...I hope you'll be alright if Trump loses in November. President's come and go.
    I could care less who heads the Federal government. Protect, govern, and don't overtax us is all they're responsible for. Anything outside of that is a power grab.

I don't follow Presidents. I follow policies.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    There is more than life than this political BS.
    Ive got a wife and 2 kids. I could give 2 shits about political BS. I do enjoy debating people down here though. It's fun.

3. Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Web and was packed this afternoon, so my wife skipped it and will go first thing tomorrow morning.

I went by Home Depot today and it was busy...but not crazy busy.

People are home...and bored.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah......I've started seeing articles about the "Corona Babies" already. I hope the hospitals are able to handle that if/when it happens.

Blog Entries

Hogan has done a good job. He’s taking it seriously and he was proactive about it whereas states like Florida, New Jersey, PA, and NY sat on their asses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wicked - I have relatives who live in Lancaster PA and they got the order to stay home before Hogan announced Maryland's. That may have been a Lancaster County order and not a statewide PA order though. I'm not sure.All I know is they were told not to go to work and both father and son work in construction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Wicked - I have relatives who live in Lancaster PA and they got the order to stay home before Hogan announced Maryland's. That may have been a Lancaster County order and not a statewide PA order though. I'm not sure.All I know is they were told not to go to work and both father and son work in construction.
    A good friend of ours is a PA State Senator from Pittsburgh. She's been really disappointed in the lack of action by a lot of PA. So, it may just be a Lancaster Co thing.

My wife's sister is a nurse at UPENN in Philly...and philly is a fucking shit show.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

6. Re: Democratic Primary

Pa shut down before MD. I called on accounts in and down the mid Atlantic. Pa was the first go close non essential. Then MD did it a few days later, but not as tough. For example. Construction was shut down in pa. But was still going in md.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I think it was. My wife's family is in Clearfield County and I'm pretty sure we got the order before they did.

Though I feel like Hogan delayed making it an order as long as possible because he thought we could handle it like adults.
    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

8. Re: Democratic Primary

I'm not a huge Rush Limbaugh guy, although I do agree w/him on lots of things. Maybe more, if I had the time and the desire to listen to him. I have better things to do, I guess. Anyway, I totally agree w/this:

"It took a worldwide pandemic. It took a 35% plunge in the stock market. It took six feet of social distancing. It took quarantining. It took many small businesses closing. It took canceling practically everything, to bring the USA economy back to the Obama high mark."

'Nuff said.
    Orange man bad.

So here is where we stand on the upcoming election:

Biden is the front-runner, and likely nominee... he's MIA, and the guy he chose as his medical mouthpiece is a total f'ing quack who I would easily feel comfortable destroying in a one on one debate because he's that stupid.

The media is allowing Chinese Propaganda to jump into the WH Press Corps while denying legitimate news sources because they are "too conservative".

Democrat Governors, including the "wonderful" Cuomo, are still restricting Hydrochloroquine because Trump recommended it... regardless of all of the early success stories it has had, with no side effects... this is a drug that is pretty common and there are generic versions of it already in the market.

Democrats are launching an investigation into Trump's handling of the pandemic EVEN THOUGH, they were HIGHLY critical of his early steps regarding limiting incoming travel and assembling a task force to handle this pandemic. They fought him tooth and nail on his dealing with it, until one day it was bad, then they said he didn't do enough. They are actually looking to subpoena the VERY SAME people helping battle this to testify in a totally f'ing useless hearing. Every person that will be critical of his team has sound bytes criticizing Trump for OVERREACTING early on, and they will be judging him on his under-reaction.

How do you morons that support this party sleep at night knowing you are morally depraved idiots? I grew up with a Democrat party that did what it did out of compassion. Now, you all are just vultures cheering on a bunch of ambulance chasers bought and paid for by the Chinese Communist government. I don't care if you like Trump... I don't like a lot of what he does... that's fine. But anyone that is voting democrat at this point is a sick loser who has zero moral high ground.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Bernie Sanders suspends Presidential Campaign. About time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Trump vs. Biden

Cage Match.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Trump vs. Biden

Cage Match.

Two guys in their 70s cage match. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare