Page 159 of 182 FirstFirst ... 157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,897 to 1,908 of 2174
  1. Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Prepare? I've been prepared for disappointment my whole life. I've been disappointed with every election held in my lifetime. And I'm gonna be just as disappointed with this one, whoever wins. It's just that, it won't be Trump.
    Hmmmm. So you are claiming to know the future???
    But you admit that your guy has lost every time

Re: Democratic Primary

Trump's repetitive Vaudeville shtick has worn out. He's gonna get ran out of the building in November. The turnout at the primaries was all the evidence I needed to see.

At some stage, both Wingnuts and Leftists are gonna need a new strategy besides "keep everybody mad all day every day." People are sick of hating each other over nothing. People's adrenal glands are shot from having to maintain wide-eyed anger every day, which is quickly leveraged into the "DONATE NOW" button-pressing that comes from every email. I get 'em all -- Dems, Repubs, NRA, Southern Environmental Law Center, pro-abortionists, anti-abortionists, churches... it's all the same shit.

"[fill in the blank] is an OUTRAGE and we WE MUST TAKE URGENT ACTION NOW!!! If [fill in the blank] happens, it will be the END OF [something you care about] FOREVER!!! DONATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!"

None of these horrible things has ever happened, or close to it. We still have forests, we still have guns. Kids are still going to school, and the school system isn't broken. We are still holding elections. No Presidents have served more than two terms. People are still getting their abortions, and criminals are still going to jail. Murder is still illegal, and so is rape. We have plenty of oil. The Jews haven't taken over the world, and neither have the hippies. You can pray in school if you want, and you can still collect welfare for pretty much ever. Nobody starves to death in this country unless they really go out of their way to make it happen. Health care sucks for pretty much everybody, but at the same time, there aren't hordes of lepers roaming the streets either. Everything is pretty much fine. Overall, America has been a really awesome place to live, other than having to hear all these political carnival barkers hawking their bullshit.

And it's because America actually IS so great, that the parties are going so far out of their way to make everything look terrible -- if there's no problem to fix, then what urgency is there to voting for one candidate or another? Why bother donating to that non-profit? Exactly. There has to be a MAJOR EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AND WE MUST ALL ACT NOW.

If there weren't all these "crises", we'd all just go about our day and be cool. We'd hang on to our money, and do what we want with it, and stop donating it to all these fuckwad advocacy groups and political campaigns. And we'd find better things to do with our time than obsess over whether this politician is a hypocrite or told a lie. No shit, really? A politician didn't do something they said they would? There ain't a chicken in every pot? Mother fucker. Here I thought they really meant it this time. I tell ya. Since when can you not trust a politician? Golly willickers... next thing you're gonna tell me is babies don't come from storks, and the moon ain't really made of green cheese.

And yet people spend ALL DAY on this shit. "Did you hear what [obscure Rep from random state] just said? he totally contradicted himself from that tweet he made back in 2011!!! This proves that everything the [insert name of political party] believes is invalid!!!!" OMG. Sober up, people.
    Great post. Refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Trump's repetitive Vaudeville shtick has worn out. He's gonna get ran out of the building in November. The turnout at the primaries was all the evidence I needed to see.

At some stage, both Wingnuts and Leftists are gonna need a new strategy besides "keep everybody mad all day every day." People are sick of hating each other over nothing. People's adrenal glands are shot from having to maintain wide-eyed anger every day, which is quickly leveraged into the "DONATE NOW" button-pressing that comes from every email. I get 'em all -- Dems, Repubs, NRA, Southern Environmental Law Center, pro-abortionists, anti-abortionists, churches... it's all the same shit.

"[fill in the blank] is an OUTRAGE and we WE MUST TAKE URGENT ACTION NOW!!! If [fill in the blank] happens, it will be the END OF [something you care about] FOREVER!!! DONATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!"

None of these horrible things has ever happened, or close to it. We still have forests, we still have guns. Kids are still going to school, and the school system isn't broken. We are still holding elections. No Presidents have served more than two terms. People are still getting their abortions, and criminals are still going to jail. Murder is still illegal, and so is rape. We have plenty of oil. The Jews haven't taken over the world, and neither have the hippies. You can pray in school if you want, and you can still collect welfare for pretty much ever. Nobody starves to death in this country unless they really go out of their way to make it happen. Health care sucks for pretty much everybody, but at the same time, there aren't hordes of lepers roaming the streets either. Everything is pretty much fine. Overall, America has been a really awesome place to live, other than having to hear all these political carnival barkers hawking their bullshit.

And it's because America actually IS so great, that the parties are going so far out of their way to make everything look terrible -- if there's no problem to fix, then what urgency is there to voting for one candidate or another? Why bother donating to that non-profit? Exactly. There has to be a MAJOR EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AND WE MUST ALL ACT NOW.

If there weren't all these "crises", we'd all just go about our day and be cool. We'd hang on to our money, and do what we want with it, and stop donating it to all these fuckwad advocacy groups and political campaigns. And we'd find better things to do with our time than obsess over whether this politician is a hypocrite or told a lie. No shit, really? A politician didn't do something they said they would? There ain't a chicken in every pot? Mother fucker. Here I thought they really meant it this time. I tell ya. Since when can you not trust a politician? Golly willickers... next thing you're gonna tell me is babies don't come from storks, and the moon ain't really made of green cheese.

And yet people spend ALL DAY on this shit. "Did you hear what [obscure Rep from random state] just said? he totally contradicted himself from that tweet he made back in 2011!!! This proves that everything the [insert name of political party] believes is invalid!!!!" OMG. Sober up, people.
    Interesting post. I will say that Trump is one of the few politicians that accomplished most of the things that he ran on, even while being harassed 24/7 by the Democrats, media, and some Republicans over Russia, Impeachment etc. not to mention being spied on by the previous administration.

4. Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Interesting post. I will say that Trump is one of the few politicians that accomplished most of the things that he ran on, even while being harassed 24/7 by the Democrats, media, and some Republicans over Russia, Impeachment etc. not to mention being spied on by the previous administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Hmmmm. So you are claiming to know the future???
    But you admit that your guy has lost every time
    Seems more like he has been disappointed in the choices every time

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Adam Schiff is putting together a commission to investigate Trump's handling of the Coronavirus. My opinion... that is political suicide down the entire DNC ballot. Listen... I get that you TDS morons hate Trump. The problem is that you are in VERY small minority when it comes to the approval rating of how he is handling this. Meanwhile, DNC leadership outside of Cuomo is polling in the low 30% range. If the DNC comes out of this trying to impeach Trump, that will be like dropping a hand-grenade in the middle of the left side of congress. You would guarantee total victory across the board on every level to conservatives.

Does Adam Schiff have an actual job, or is it just non-stop investigating Trump? Right now, you have AOC and most of the squad that is up for re-election polling in such terrible numbers that their districts, which Republicans haven't won in decades, are already polling in favor of challengers. Ilhan Omar seems to be the smartest of the bunch because she has been kissing some Trump behind during this. Y'all need to take some high ground for once if you want to get out of November unscathed. You are going to lose every single level already with Biden (empty suit) at the top of your ticket.

I hope Schiff does, so you all can see what we see. A slimeball, crap-bag attorney that gives ambulance chasers a good name in comparison.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

This is funny. As if there wouldn't be the same investigations if there was a democratic president by a GOP led house. No one believes politicians won't be politicians. Most politicians from either party would try to take advantage. Yes, this sh*t is horrible and it wouldn't be the way I'd conduct myself. But to act as if this is only a slime ball democrat thing is crazy.

How different would foxnews, Breitbart, daily caller, and etc would their messaging be if a Democrat was in office. If Darryl Issa or Chavetz was running the committee, would they not be asking questions if a Dem president made the same early mistakes? Hell no.

Now, I do agree that it's a fools errund in his part. Nobody wants to hear that crap right now. The focus should be 100% looking forward. It would be a mistake for him and the Dem party to press this. I'll also say Trump will have the same issue if he falls back on his normal blame game routine. Or the Senate using the impeachment distraction excuse. No one wants to hear any of it from both sides. Just fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This is funny. As if there wouldn't be the same investigations if there was a democratic president by a GOP led house.
    Remember the H1N1 Commission?

Me either.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 04-01-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This is funny. As if there wouldn't be the same investigations if there was a democratic president by a GOP led house. No one believes politicians won't be politicians. Most politicians from either party would try to take advantage. Yes, this sh*t is horrible and it wouldn't be the way I'd conduct myself. But to act as if this is only a slime ball democrat thing is crazy.

How different would foxnews, Breitbart, daily caller, and etc would their messaging be if a Democrat was in office. If Darryl Issa or Chavetz was running the committee, would they not be asking questions if a Dem president made the same early mistakes? Hell no.

Now, I do agree that it's a fools errund in his part. Nobody wants to hear that crap right now. The focus should be 100% looking forward. It would be a mistake for him and the Dem party to press this. I'll also say Trump will have the same issue if he falls back on his normal blame game routine. Or the Senate using the impeachment distraction excuse. No one wants to hear any of it from both sides. Just fix it!

I think you are right that it would be a huge mistake for Democrats to press an investigation to "get Trump" while people are dying by the thousands daily and Trump is trying to work the problem. I agree the messaging on the right would be similar, attacking Obama, but I think they would be getting hammered and likely deserving that. I also think there is some merit to blaming impeachment because this was unfolding and Pelosi and Schumer were slow walking that process. They were dragging it out. That's true. Maybe if there had been less focus on "getting Trump" more people would have had their eye on this problem.

I think there should be a bipartisan commission on this catastrophe but not now. The goal of that commision should be preparedness for the next pandemic, not finger pointing. In any event, it should not happen before the next election but it should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think there should be a bipartisan commission on this catastrophe but not now. The goal of that commision should be preparedness for the next pandemic, not finger pointing. In any event, it should not happen before the next election but it should happen.
    Unfortunately, I think it does need to happen (or at least start) before the election. Election day is in Nov, which is also the start of the flu season. If changes need to be made in how we prepare and react to a pandemic, it needs to happen as soon as we're out of the woods on the current one and before the potential wave 2.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Prepare? I've been prepared for disappointment my whole life. I've been disappointed with every election held in my lifetime. And I'm gonna be just as disappointed with this one, whoever wins. It's just that, it won't be Trump.
    Based on what? Trump's turnout has been record-breaking. That was my point.

If Biden is the nominee Trump may win all 57 states.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Based on what? Trump's turnout has been record-breaking. That was my point.

If Biden is the nominee Trump may win all 57 states.
    Rumors have it that the Democrats will replace Biden with the Governor of New York State, Andrew M. Cuomo