Page 103 of 182 FirstFirst ... 101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 2174

Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    It is actually TN and TX. Ohio has a "lack of an accent". There is definitely a difference between standard Midwestern (non-accent like Michigan, OH, Central IL, IA) and northern Midwest (you ever hear of the Uppers?). I think most of America thinks it just sounds uneducated. Fargo is a great example... Granted... this is my opinion. I'd love a study that links general ideas of what a person is like based on their accent... I'm sure there is one, but I have to do SOME work today...
    Very true. Upper Midwest is a very different animal. Whenever you go across the border from IL to Wisconsin you start to pick it up.

Interestingly I've noticed a little bit of an accent on my cousins from Columbus. Also, really? Tennessee?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    DAMN! Auditory Bias? That is some triple-letter word points right there!!! haha

I actually agree. Until I moved south, I always just associated a southern accent with Jerry Spring guests. My wife has a pretty southern accent, so she wouldn't put up with me if I still felt that way. People from the UP sound dumb... and you will never change my mind on that haha.

I think Kennedy ROCKED the Bahston accent pretty hard. Then Matt Damon linked it to being a genius... I'm not sure people generally view that as a bad one... like I said, I'd love to see a general study on it and the results. It would be really interesting.
    I view it poorly, but mainly because I lived outside NYC in middle school and high school. Lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I was more talking about the "Southie" accent (Matt Damon/Leo in The Departed) rather that the Ivy League accent (Major Winchester from MASH)
    I can't watch a Mash rerun if Major Winchester is in it. I immediately change the channel.

I just read some trash that Bloomberg is thinking about picking Hillary as a running mate. I hope the god this isn't true. Sabetoge yourself before you get out of the gate? Hopefully, this is a leak by Hillary's people because I'm sure she desperately wants to get back in the game. Bye Felicia!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I just read some trash that Bloomberg is thinking about picking Hillary as a running mate. I hope the god this isn't true. Sabetoge yourself before you get out of the gate? Hopefully, this is a leak by Hillary's people because I'm sure she desperately wants to get back in the game. Bye Felicia!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I feel like she will hurt him more than help him. I think Trump benefited greatly from "anyone but Hillary" on both sides of the aisle last time around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I feel like she will hurt him more than help him. I think Trump benefited greatly from "anyone but Hillary" on both sides of the aisle last time around.
    I think it's a risk he's got to take. Super Tuesday is coming up and he's not been in a debate, or had his name on a ballot in Iowa or New Hampshire. He's got to do something to get himself in the news.

Now I'm torn. On the one hand, I could never vote for a democrat. On the other, I despise Bloomberg and we all know that if Hillary Clinton is a vice-president, the president is going to get suicided within a week of inauguration.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Now I'm torn. On the one hand, I could never vote for a democrat. On the other, I despise Bloomberg and we all know that if Hillary Clinton is a vice-president, the president is going to get suicided within a week of inauguration.
    Yep, she could promote the Jeffrey Epstein prison guards to members of the Secret Service.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Hilary was damn near the only person on the planet Trump could have beaten in 2016, 2020 is a different story, he’s a virtual lock at this point even if there dems had an actual good candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Here's 2 women that feel the Bern.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ber...s-nevada-rally

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    And we're supposed to take democrats seriously?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Hilary was damn near the only person on the planet Trump could have beaten in 2016, 2020 is a different story, he’s a virtual lock at this point even if there dems had an actual good candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree.

That's precisely what's wrong with the system right now. It is rigged and it's rigged by the ruling class to get their guy in there at all costs. Had Biden run last time around he'd be finishing up his first term by now. Why the hell did they put Hillary in there in the first place?