Page 158 of 182 FirstFirst ... 156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,885 to 1,896 of 2174

Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't know if his "magic" can be replicated though. Look in the future for Democrats to smother, suppress, label and try to arrest or kill any populist that even looks remotely like Trump. Hell, they'll keep trying to to punish and imprison him after he leaves office is my guess.
    His magic definitely won't be replicated, however...don't be surprised to see his children follow in his footsteps.

The Ming dynasty ruled China from 1368 to 1644. Maybe we're at the beginning of the Trump dynasty? He's got 5 kids. That's 40 years right there. Then...their kids will jump into the game and you've got 40 more years there. 80 years of Trump could be in our future.

Long may they reign!

In all seriousness, if Democrats are elevating 78 year old men with dementia...they are setting themselves up to lose and lose bigly. Have you guys seen the recent Biden interviews since he came out of hiding? Holy shit. It feels like the Democrats are trying to punk America. It' awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    His magic definitely won't be replicated, however...don't be surprised to see his children follow in his footsteps.

The Ming dynasty ruled China from 1368 to 1644. Maybe we're at the beginning of the Trump dynasty? He's got 5 kids. That's 40 years right there. Then...their kids will jump into the game and you've got 40 more years there. 80 years of Trump could be in our future.

Long may they reign!
    I think the Clintons wanted to do that with Chelsea Hubble. To dumb and ugly though.

I think the Clintons wanted to do that with Chelsea Hubble. To dumb and ugly though.
    I read Ship of Fools by Tucker Carlson last year (great book btw) and he had a chapter dedicated to Chelsea.

Let me tell you...she has zero qualifications to do pretty much anything outside of making guest appearances on shows like Ellen and The View. She makes millions of dollars for doing nothing. Case in point, MSNBC hired Chelsea to be a political consultant (I know...wtf does she know?) and she was paid millions of dollars to give her opinion on political issues (who cares?) She made something like 4-6 TV appearances during the duration of her contract and was paid in full. She has no power in the political arena whatsoever.

The Clinton's are totally irrelevant. Trump burned their political power tree to the ground and then spit on the ashes on his way to getting spray-tanned.

4. Re: Democratic Primary

They said the same thing about the Bush’s. After W, it was supposed to be Jeb. Then Jebs kid

It seems all the oxygen has been completely sucked out of the Democratic primary process.

At this point in time Biden looks like Captain irrelevant.

Not sure if and when that will change.

Blog Entries

Trump's repetitive Vaudeville shtick has worn out. He's gonna get ran out of the building in November. The turnout at the primaries was all the evidence I needed to see.

At some stage, both Wingnuts and Leftists are gonna need a new strategy besides "keep everybody mad all day every day." People are sick of hating each other over nothing. People's adrenal glands are shot from having to maintain wide-eyed anger every day, which is quickly leveraged into the "DONATE NOW" button-pressing that comes from every email. I get 'em all -- Dems, Repubs, NRA, Southern Environmental Law Center, pro-abortionists, anti-abortionists, churches... it's all the same shit.

"[fill in the blank] is an OUTRAGE and we WE MUST TAKE URGENT ACTION NOW!!! If [fill in the blank] happens, it will be the END OF [something you care about] FOREVER!!! DONATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!"

None of these horrible things has ever happened, or close to it. We still have forests, we still have guns. Kids are still going to school, and the school system isn't broken. We are still holding elections. No Presidents have served more than two terms. People are still getting their abortions, and criminals are still going to jail. Murder is still illegal, and so is rape. We have plenty of oil. The Jews haven't taken over the world, and neither have the hippies. You can pray in school if you want, and you can still collect welfare for pretty much ever. Nobody starves to death in this country unless they really go out of their way to make it happen. Health care sucks for pretty much everybody, but at the same time, there aren't hordes of lepers roaming the streets either. Everything is pretty much fine. Overall, America has been a really awesome place to live, other than having to hear all these political carnival barkers hawking their bullshit.

And it's because America actually IS so great, that the parties are going so far out of their way to make everything look terrible -- if there's no problem to fix, then what urgency is there to voting for one candidate or another? Why bother donating to that non-profit? Exactly. There has to be a MAJOR EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AND WE MUST ALL ACT NOW.

If there weren't all these "crises", we'd all just go about our day and be cool. We'd hang on to our money, and do what we want with it, and stop donating it to all these fuckwad advocacy groups and political campaigns. And we'd find better things to do with our time than obsess over whether this politician is a hypocrite or told a lie. No shit, really? A politician didn't do something they said they would? There ain't a chicken in every pot? Mother fucker. Here I thought they really meant it this time. I tell ya. Since when can you not trust a politician? Golly willickers... next thing you're gonna tell me is babies don't come from storks, and the moon ain't really made of green cheese.

And yet people spend ALL DAY on this shit. "Did you hear what [obscure Rep from random state] just said? he totally contradicted himself from that tweet he made back in 2011!!! This proves that everything the [insert name of political party] believes is invalid!!!!" OMG. Sober up, people.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Trump's repetitive Vaudeville shtick has worn out. He's gonna get ran out of the building in November. The turnout at the primaries was all the evidence I needed to see.

At some stage, both Wingnuts and Leftists are gonna need a new strategy besides "keep everybody mad all day every day." People are sick of hating each other over nothing. People's adrenal glands are shot from having to maintain wide-eyed anger every day, which is quickly leveraged into the "DONATE NOW" button-pressing that comes from every email. I get 'em all -- Dems, Repubs, NRA, Southern Environmental Law Center, pro-abortionists, anti-abortionists, churches... it's all the same shit.

"[fill in the blank] is an OUTRAGE and we WE MUST TAKE URGENT ACTION NOW!!! If [fill in the blank] happens, it will be the END OF [something you care about] FOREVER!!! DONATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!"

None of these horrible things has ever happened, or close to it. We still have forests, we still have guns. Kids are still going to school, and the school system isn't broken. We are still holding elections. No Presidents have served more than two terms. People are still getting their abortions, and criminals are still going to jail. Murder is still illegal, and so is rape. We have plenty of oil. The Jews haven't taken over the world, and neither have the hippies. You can pray in school if you want, and you can still collect welfare for pretty much ever. Nobody starves to death in this country unless they really go out of their way to make it happen. Health care sucks for pretty much everybody, but at the same time, there aren't hordes of lepers roaming the streets either. Everything is pretty much fine. Overall, America has been a really awesome place to live, other than having to hear all these political carnival barkers hawking their bullshit.

And it's because America actually IS so great, that the parties are going so far out of their way to make everything look terrible -- if there's no problem to fix, then what urgency is there to voting for one candidate or another? Why bother donating to that non-profit? Exactly. There has to be a MAJOR EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AND WE MUST ALL ACT NOW.

If there weren't all these "crises", we'd all just go about our day and be cool. We'd hang on to our money, and do what we want with it, and stop donating it to all these fuckwad advocacy groups and political campaigns. And we'd find better things to do with our time than obsess over whether this politician is a hypocrite or told a lie. No shit, really? A politician didn't do something they said they would? There ain't a chicken in every pot? Mother fucker. Here I thought they really meant it this time. I tell ya. Since when can you not trust a politician? Golly willickers... next thing you're gonna tell me is babies don't come from storks, and the moon ain't really made of green cheese.

And yet people spend ALL DAY on this shit. "Did you hear what [obscure Rep from random state] just said? he totally contradicted himself from that tweet he made back in 2011!!! This proves that everything the [insert name of political party] believes is invalid!!!!" OMG. Sober up, people.
    Wow, that was a mouthful.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Without any competition, Trump got a record turnout himself. Trump has been getting a lot more votes than any incumbent, ever. By a wide margin.

If you think Dementia Joe is going to hold up against Trump you might want to prepare yourself for disappointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Without any competition, Trump got a record turnout himself. Trump has been getting a lot more votes than any incumbent, ever. By a wide margin.

If you think Dementia Joe is going to hold up against Trump you might want to prepare yourself for disappointment.
    Prepare? I've been prepared for disappointment my whole life. I've been disappointed with every election held in my lifetime. And I'm gonna be just as disappointed with this one, whoever wins. It's just that, it won't be Trump.

Prepare? I've been prepared for disappointment my whole life. I've been disappointed with every election held in my lifetime. And I'm gonna be just as disappointed with this one, whoever wins. It's just that, it won't be Trump.
    Maybe, maybe not. But curious as to why primary election turn out numbers was all you needed to have that position??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But curious as to why primary election turn out numbers was all you needed to have that position??
    Confirmation bias?

All work and no play makes NC a dull boy.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock