Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 177178179
Results 2,137 to 2,140 of 2140

Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Wasnt it tested out in finland and found to have virtually zero effect on anything that mattered.

I think they even stopped the trial early.

Could be wrong on that though.
    Finland, yep. Also tried in California and Ontario. Every time it's been cancelled early because it was too expensive.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    You think theyd run a woman, possibly the first woman president ever?

Would votes be lost because the runner is a woman do you think?
    Nikki Haley would win easier than Regan did. As for losing votes because she's a woman, not on the Republican side. Remember, we were the first party to have a female candidate for VP. Contrary to the narrative, Republicans love strong, independent women. I can almost guarantee that every right-leaning guy on this forum is married to or will be married to a strong, independent woman.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Here we are again. You keep going back to the government to take care of you.

Money should be given to the American people? What are you talking about? It’s OUR MONEY! How about not taking as much of OUR money in the first place. Just cut taxes.

This whole thing reminds me of “regifting.” You’re like the non-dentist version of Tim Watley. You want to regift our label makers (tax dollars) from Elaine (the government). Just deal with Jerry (us) directly!

Furthermore, why do you trust the government to be able to facilitate the process competently when you’ve made it clear it’s “systemically racist” and corrupt.

You don’t make any sense.
    The only reason I have that opinion is because wages for your average worker hasn't grown for years. The CEO to avg worker wage ratio has completely gone out of whack compared to prior decades. The labor force participation rate is at late 1970's areas, while during all of this, the United States has become wealthier and wealthier. It is a fact that wealth in this country is becoming more and more centralized by the day. 90% of household wealth goes to the top 20% of the country. Do me a favor and discover what that number was 50 years ago. To me, it's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The only reason I have that opinion is because wages for your average worker hasn't grown for years. The CEO to avg worker wage ratio has completely gone out of whack compared to prior decades. The labor force participation rate is at late 1970's areas, while during all of this, the United States has become wealthier and wealthier. It is a fact that wealth in this country is becoming more and more centralized by the day. 90% of household wealth goes to the top 20% of the country. Do me a favor and discover what that number was 50 years ago. To me, it's a no-brainer.
    You're lying.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/13/work...ing-wages.html
    ProFootballMock