Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 2,137 to 2,148 of 2174

Re: Democratic Primary

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Wasnt it tested out in finland and found to have virtually zero effect on anything that mattered.

I think they even stopped the trial early.

Could be wrong on that though.
    Finland, yep. Also tried in California and Ontario. Every time it's been cancelled early because it was too expensive.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

You think theyd run a woman, possibly the first woman president ever?

Would votes be lost because the runner is a woman do you think?
    Nikki Haley would win easier than Regan did. As for losing votes because she's a woman, not on the Republican side. Remember, we were the first party to have a female candidate for VP. Contrary to the narrative, Republicans love strong, independent women. I can almost guarantee that every right-leaning guy on this forum is married to or will be married to a strong, independent woman.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Here we are again. You keep going back to the government to take care of you.

Money should be given to the American people? What are you talking about? It’s OUR MONEY! How about not taking as much of OUR money in the first place. Just cut taxes.

This whole thing reminds me of “regifting.” You’re like the non-dentist version of Tim Watley. You want to regift our label makers (tax dollars) from Elaine (the government). Just deal with Jerry (us) directly!

Furthermore, why do you trust the government to be able to facilitate the process competently when you’ve made it clear it’s “systemically racist” and corrupt.

You don’t make any sense.
    The only reason I have that opinion is because wages for your average worker hasn't grown for years. The CEO to avg worker wage ratio has completely gone out of whack compared to prior decades. The labor force participation rate is at late 1970's areas, while during all of this, the United States has become wealthier and wealthier. It is a fact that wealth in this country is becoming more and more centralized by the day. 90% of household wealth goes to the top 20% of the country. Do me a favor and discover what that number was 50 years ago. To me, it's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The only reason I have that opinion is because wages for your average worker hasn't grown for years. The CEO to avg worker wage ratio has completely gone out of whack compared to prior decades. The labor force participation rate is at late 1970's areas, while during all of this, the United States has become wealthier and wealthier. It is a fact that wealth in this country is becoming more and more centralized by the day. 90% of household wealth goes to the top 20% of the country. Do me a favor and discover what that number was 50 years ago. To me, it's a no-brainer.
    You're lying.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/13/work...ing-wages.html
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The only reason I have that opinion is because wages for your average worker hasn't grown for years.
    Wrong.

In the Trump economy...wages for average workers were indeed rising.

A simple 3 second DuckDuckGo search could’ve told you that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Wrong.

In the Trump economy...wages for average workers were indeed rising.

A simple 3 second DuckDuckGo search could’ve told you that.
    I don’t know about other areas, but in Central Pa it has been staggering. Many, MANY entry level jobs starting at $13/hr. Amazon, Chewy(dog food plant), heck even our Gas Stations(Sheetz ) start their employees around $11-13. Anything under $10/hr around here means “light relatively fun work for HS students only”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don’t know about other areas, but in Central Pa it has been staggering. Many, MANY entry level jobs starting at $13/hr. Amazon, Chewy(dog food plant), heck even our Gas Stations(Sheetz ) start their employees around $11-13. Anything under $10/hr around here means “light relatively fun work for HS students only”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got friends in the restaurant industry, and down here they're paying 14$ an hour starting out.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

You think theyd run a woman, possibly the first woman president ever?

Would votes be lost because the runner is a woman do you think?
    No. This is such a misrepresentation of Republican voters or conservative voters. Republicans/Conservatives are no more racist, sexist, misogynist, <whatever>ist than Democrat/Liberal voters. Just because the media presents the "Left" as the more pro-women brigade doesn't mean that they get the honor by default of being the first to present the first woman President of the USA.

The reality is that Nikki Haley is fairly moderate on a lot of things, but she is HIGHLY respected domestically and internationally. I also think that there would be A LOT of independent/moderate Democrat voters that would vote for Haley simply because she's a woman (which is really shitty, but anyway...a lot of people voted for Obama because he was black and they didn't know or care about his policies). She was a successful governor and she was successful as the UN Ambassador.

If she runs in 2024, which I would expect she is strongly considering it, I literally do not see anyone in either party that stands a chance against her. I really don't.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Nikki Haley would win easier than Regan did. As for losing votes because she's a woman, not on the Republican side. Remember, we were the first party to have a female candidate for VP. Contrary to the narrative, Republicans love strong, independent women. I can almost guarantee that every right-leaning guy on this forum is married to or will be married to a strong, independent woman.
    If you said strong independent pain in the ass who doesn't know her role woman, that would have been more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If you said strong independent pain in the ass who doesn't know her role woman, that would have been more accurate.
    Precisely.
    ProFootballMock

Not on the Republican side? Do you think democrats wouldnt vote for a woman?

Its hard to use hiliary as an example, she was just an awful candidate.

Do you think a good woman candidate democrate, would get less votes because she's a woman?

Also, would Americans ever vote for the other party based on the candidates running,.or would the vast majority just not vote in that election if they didnt like their party's candidate rather than cross party lines?

These are all genuine questions and im not trying to catch anyone out.

Just trying to understand the process in America a bit more

Finland, yep. Also tried in California and Ontario. Every time it's been cancelled early because it was too expensive.
    Yea thats what i thought.

Youd imagine unemployment would increase over time as well. If people are getting paid a living wage, they might just say stuff that minimum wage job.