Blog Entries

Re: Democratic Primary

MSM woke on Warren's Medicare for all.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elizab...ey-media-panic

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    MSM woke on Warren's Medicare for all.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elizab...ey-media-panic
    I don’t even think anyone on the left thinks that warren has a chance to be president

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I don’t even think anyone on the left thinks that warren has a chance to be president
    Why? You think anyone on the left cares about income and other taxes going through the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Why? You think anyone on the left cares about income and other taxes going through the roof?
    She really doesn’t have anything going for her. She is a know liar and cheat. She will never get past that. She doesn’t like middle class or upper class people. Not really sure where here core beliefs are. And she is boring to listen to. Nah. I don’t think anyone will rally behind her.

Now, just to be clear, there is about 30% of this population that suffers from TDS. And that group will vote against trump. They won’t be voting for warren.

Looks like the DNC frontrunner, Elizabeth Warren, recently spoke at a "climate event."

Let's see how EXCITED and MOTIVATED people are to hear the likely Democrat presidential nominee????????

Oh.

Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Looks like the DNC frontrunner, Elizabeth Warren, recently spoke at a "climate event."

Let's see how EXCITED and MOTIVATED people are to hear the likely Democrat presidential nominee????????

Oh.

Nobody cares.

HA! Remember when Hillary photo-shopped the crowd by copy and pasting people and got busted!? That was the best. Truth is, 'educated' liberals keep telling us about all of these throngs of people that are on their side. I seriously don't see it. Ever. When Trump was running, I saw Trump signs in TONS of yards... bumper stickers... rallies were huge. How is it that the DNC has all of these loyal supporters but they never go to any of their political events, never put up signs and never have bumper stickers. I still see some Obama/Biden ones, but Obama had the crowds. I believe he had the support.

That is why Republicans seriously push for election reforms. Not because they want to suppress votes... they want to see how in the hell Hillary speaks to empty VFWs and NOBODY talks about supporting her, yet 63 million people come out of thin air and vote for her? What exactly is going on in the inner-cities that there are groups of people in this high of numbers that are that extreme left when it is CLEARLY not benefiting them? Also, how is it that the Left's deafening silence over violent radical contingents of their party attacking people and fighting AGAINST free speech and freedom of religion? Is there really that many people that think it is the "lesser of two evils" when voting these days? It seems a lot like just evil vs maybe someone you kinda don't agree with... a lot of people think Trump is a scumbag... I certainly do. But his policy has been spot on. His economic decision have been spot on. His trace policy, and foreign policy have been spot on. And we have him running against people that are openly saying, "Were going to bankrupt your employer!!!! That'll teach them!" What???
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Hillary Clinton: 'Many, many, many people' pushing run for president.

I'm guessing probably just Bill to get her out of the house.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...020-white-hou/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Hillary Clinton: 'Many, many, many people' pushing run for president.

I'm guessing probably just Bill to get her out of the house.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...020-white-hou/
    Would love to see a clinton/ warren ticket.

Blog Entries

I doubt feelings have changed toward HRC in the DNC. meaning the super delegates and higher ups probably still really prefer her (and may be pushing for her considering the crap theyre putting out there), but if anything shes probably lost support among voters who now view her as the reason for Trump even being here.

I thought it was a case of two of the worst candidates in history in 2016. to run back the same two in 2020 would be a mockery of our process. Like really, this is the best we can do? at least Trump can say he has some experience now, and his actual policies would be known rather than his back and forth way of campaigning previously. Hed win by a landslide over HRC, imo. she hasnt been gone long enough for people to forget who she really is. despite over half the country hating Trump, she still wouldnt be liked enough to get people to vote him out.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I doubt feelings have changed toward HRC in the DNC. meaning the super delegates and higher ups probably still really prefer her (and may be pushing for her considering the crap theyre putting out there), but if anything shes probably lost support among voters who now view her as the reason for Trump even being here.

I thought it was a case of two of the worst candidates in history in 2016. to run back the same two in 2020 would be a mockery of our process. Like really, this is the best we can do? at least Trump can say he has some experience now, and his actual policies would be known rather than his back and forth way of campaigning previously. Hed win by a landslide over HRC, imo. she hasnt been gone long enough for people to forget who she really is. despite over half the country hating Trump, she still wouldnt be liked enough to get people to vote him out.
    I am curious, you suggest trump and Clinton are the two worst candidates ever. In your lifetime, which presidents have had more success than trump. And which presidents have had to deal with more constant phoney attacks? I think, considering what trump is fighting against in this country, he could be considered one of the most successful politicians.

I hope this leads to more third party non politicians running.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I am curious, you suggest trump and Clinton are the two worst candidates ever. In your lifetime, which presidents have had more success than trump. And which presidents have had to deal with more constant phoney attacks? I think, considering what trump is fighting against in this country, he could be considered one of the most successful politicians.

I hope this leads to more third party non politicians running.
    its all subjective, but record as president I dont think is necessary linked to how good of a candidate they were. I think both are horrible human beings. as far as credentials, Id argue HRC was one of the best on paper, but youd have to ignore alot of the wrongs shes done along the way that made her a horrible option. Trump I can see the argument for his credentials in business, but youd have to ignore a lot of the wrongs hes done along the way as well. I dont think either made good candidates because neither are trust worthy, and thats something I value. I did state that i believe Trump has improved as one, because the unknown is more known now, but I still dont trust him at all. Where we differ is whether were seeing a continued pattern thats hes keeping going or whether hes actually responsible for this economic status. I think hes continued something that was already happening, and if anything his trade war has hurt economic growth that otherwise would have improved naturally or by his tax cut. I dont consider that a positive, but I dont argue that things are still going generally well and thats a good thing.

as far as presidents that are "better". we disagree on a lot here, so im not sure the point of this exercise. if you like Trumps economic growth, you have to like Clinton's better statistically. if you like the stock market increases, im not sure you can really hate Obama's portion of that monthly growth record or percentage increase. If you like jobs added, you probably like Clinton more, or even Obama than Trump currently. if you dislike adding debt, Id say Bush Sr was probably better than most in my lifetime, but because of the surge Clinton would get that title as well. Foreign policy I can agree with some moves (talking to adversaries, ending wars) but disagree with how hes going about it. I really loved his appointment of Mattis, so when he quit i valued his opinion, and it wasnt that supportive of Trump. I personally question how much a president is really responsible for a lot of these, outside foreign policy. I think its more about not rocking the boat, which Trump has been a mixed bag with. Hes certainly done some things that have shaken it, but gone back enough that its continued to improve as well. I do not think Trump has been all bad, but id definitely prefer another option, thats less combative, abrasive, divisive and overall unpredictable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#5d7a331b8caa
    https://www.thebalance.com/job-creat...ercent-3863218
    https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-b...ercent-3306296
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ears/38775295/

to the latter part, id agree, I hope anything leads to more 3rd party options, but I dont see Trump as a 3rd party option. Hes a republican, and as much as they hate how he governs, they do mostly align with his policies.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    its all subjective, but record as president I dont think is necessary linked to how good of a candidate they were. I think both are horrible human beings. as far as credentials, Id argue HRC was one of the best on paper, but youd have to ignore alot of the wrongs shes done along the way that made her a horrible option. Trump I can see the argument for his credentials in business, but youd have to ignore a lot of the wrongs hes done along the way as well. I dont think either made good candidates because neither are trust worthy, and thats something I value. I did state that i believe Trump has improved as one, because the unknown is more known now, but I still dont trust him at all. Where we differ is whether were seeing a continued pattern thats hes keeping going or whether hes actually responsible for this economic status. I think hes continued something that was already happening, and if anything his trade war has hurt economic growth that otherwise would have improved naturally or by his tax cut. I dont consider that a positive, but I dont argue that things are still going generally well and thats a good thing.

as far as presidents that are "better". we disagree on a lot here, so im not sure the point of this exercise. if you like Trumps economic growth, you have to like Clinton's better statistically. if you like the stock market increases, im not sure you can really hate Obama's portion of that monthly growth record or percentage increase. If you like jobs added, you probably like Clinton more, or even Obama than Trump currently. if you dislike adding debt, Id say Bush Sr was probably better than most in my lifetime, but because of the surge Clinton would get that title as well. Foreign policy I can agree with some moves (talking to adversaries, ending wars) but disagree with how hes going about it. I really loved his appointment of Mattis, so when he quit i valued his opinion, and it wasnt that supportive of Trump. I personally question how much a president is really responsible for a lot of these, outside foreign policy. I think its more about not rocking the boat, which Trump has been a mixed bag with. Hes certainly done some things that have shaken it, but gone back enough that its continued to improve as well. I do not think Trump has been all bad, but id definitely prefer another option, thats less combative, abrasive, divisive and overall unpredictable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#5d7a331b8caa
    https://www.thebalance.com/job-creat...ercent-3863218
    https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-b...ercent-3306296
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ears/38775295/

to the latter part, id agree, I hope anything leads to more 3rd party options, but I dont see Trump as a 3rd party option. Hes a republican, and as much as they hate how he governs, they do mostly align with his policies.
    I would argue that the economic success under trump, is a direct relation to his policies of reducing taxes and regulations on business. Many have come out and said this directly. You can just look at the financial indexes to see the market was in a slow increase from 2014 to 2016. During 2016, everyone was 100% convinced Clinton was going to win and continue the Obama policies. Then the day after trump win, the market took a sharp rise up. Look at a chart from 2014 to 2019. It’s pretty clear.

As for Clinton. What policies did he push that had any impact in the economy or job? He basically rode the internet wave. Maybe I am missing something, but can you name anything that Clinton did, that impacted the economy? The two things I can think of, he stepped back and let success happen with the dot come boom. And he embraced the GOP contract with America (controlling spending, balanced budget and the small business tax cuts)

As for third party, maybe I should restate that. He is an outsider. His party leaders never embraced him, because he isn’t “one of them”

That is what I want to see more of. Outsiders that don’t tow the party line. Trump is an equal opportunity businessman. Members on both sides hate him. Because he is peeling back the layers to expose the corruption

As for wanting someone less decisive. I would argue that trump never had a chance. From the day he won, the opposition immediately talked about impeachment and illegitimate. That was the opposition that was divisive. Not trump. And I am all for anyone that shakes up a corrupt status quo
    Last edited by Vlad the lad; 11-13-2019 at 09:58 AM.