Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    this is hilarious...

Sadly, you're probably right.

Also, i think it would be a serious deterrent to would-be criminals.

Can you imagine something like this being on ppv? It would probably be a cash-cow and then sponsors would start advertising on the show. "this castration is brought to you by folgers: The best part of waking up is folgers in your cup."
    monday night rehabilitation!!!!!

With beef supreme!!!!!

Re: Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    monday night rehabilitation!!!!!

With beef supreme!!!!!
    I read that in JR's voice...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA

I took a class on miscarriages of justice. It is amazing how many people have been wrongfully convicted. That's always the big concern is that you could execute someone then find out oh shit they're innocent and you can't raise the dead

So for me, the key to making capital punishment work is policy around the rationale to use the death penalty as the punishment.

What that looks like? I'm not sure. There would need to be some irrefutable DNA evidence, etc, etc.

If they had a policy that makes sense, I would be comfortable with it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I took a class on miscarriages of justice. It is amazing how many people have been wrongfully convicted. That's always the big concern is that you could execute someone then find out oh shit they're innocent and you can't raise the dead

So for me, the key to making capital punishment work is policy around the rationale to use the death penalty as the punishment.

What that looks like? I'm not sure. There would need to be some irrefutable DNA evidence, etc, etc.

If they had a policy that makes sense, I would be comfortable with it.
    Im on the same wavelength.

If anyone doesn't know...these lovely young gentleman are the individuals slated to be killed by capital punishment...

• Daniel Lewis Lee, a member of a white supremacist group, murdered a family of three, including an eight-year-old girl. After robbing and shooting the victims with a stun gun, Lee covered their heads with plastic bags, sealed the bags with duct tape, weighed down each victim with rocks, and threw the family of three into the Illinois bayou. On May 4, 1999, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas found Lee guilty of numerous offenses, including three counts of murder in aid of racketeering, and he was sentenced to death. Lee's execution is scheduled to occur on Dec. 9, 2019.

• Lezmond Mitchell stabbed to death a 63-year-old grandmother and forced her nine-year-old granddaughter to sit beside her lifeless body for a 30 to 40-mile drive. Mitchell then slit the girl's throat twice, crushed her head with 20-pound rocks, and severed and buried both victims' heads and hands. On May 8, 2003, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona found Mitchell guilty of numerous offenses, including first degree murder, felony murder, and carjacking resulting in murder, and he was sentenced to death. Mitchell's execution is scheduled to occur on Dec. 11, 2019.

• Wesley Ira Purkey violently raped and murdered a 16-year-old girl, and then dismembered, burned, and dumped the young girl's body in a septic pond. He also was convicted in state court for using a claw hammer to bludgeon to death an 80-year-old woman who suffered from polio and walked with a cane. On Nov. 5, 2003, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri found Purkey guilty of kidnapping a child resulting in the child's death, and he was sentenced to death. Purkey's execution is scheduled to occur on Dec. 13, 2019.

• Alfred Bourgeois physically and emotionally tortured, sexually molested, and then beat to death his two-and-a-half-year-old daughter. On March 16, 2004, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas found Bourgeois guilty of multiple offenses, including murder, and he was sentenced to death. Bourgeois' execution is scheduled to occur on Jan. 13, 2020.

• Dustin Lee Honken shot and killed five people — two men who planned to testify against him and a single, working mother and her ten-year-old and six-year-old daughters. On Oct. 14, 2004, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa found Honken guilty of numerous offenses, including five counts of murder during the course of a continuing criminal enterprise, and he was sentenced to death. Honken's execution is scheduled to occur on Jan. 15, 2020.

btw, all of the Democrats running for President are rushing to defend these people.

Blog Entries

If anyone doesn't know...these lovely young gentleman are the individuals slated to be killed by capital punishment...

btw, all of the Democrats running for President are rushing to defend these people.
    UFB

I've been thinking through how it could work functionally. I don't know how it works in the US, but in Canada we have 'dangerous offender' designations.

Mostly waht it does is make the sentence indeterminate and removes thingsl ike statutory release and forms of parole. So you're in jail for what your sentence actually is.

If you were givne a life sentence and designated a dangerous offender. You'd go to a separate hearing that would rule whether or not you receive the death penalty. I would recommend this be at a higher court than the original trial judge and keep it separate.

I think as a policy that could work.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

This list of shitheads they can bring to my house. Five hollow points to the skull should take care of these scumbags nicely. How and why would anyone wanna keep vermin like this alive is beyond me. I wouldn’t even charge for the execution...just clean up the mess afterwards. My service to the good people of this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are some awful crimes and if there is irrefutable evidence that these "men" committed the crimes I'm for them going down.

However, all of the states where these people were convicted already have the death penalty and they were already sentenced to death. Why does the Federal death penalty have to come into this?

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Those are some awful crimes and if there is irrefutable evidence that these "men" committed the crimes I'm for them going down.

However, all of the states where these people were convicted already have the death penalty and they were already sentenced to death. Why does the Federal death penalty have to come into this?
    Well, these dudes were sentenced to death in 1999, 2003, & 2004. And they’re still alive! WTF are these states waiting for? How much taxpayer money have kept these pieces of shit alive for almost 20 years?

So if Trump's government executes a white supremacist, how does the left wing handle it? It really would put them in quite a pickle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    So if Trump's government executes a white supremacist, how does the left wing handle it? It really would put them in quite a pickle.
    It will piss them off, everything Trump does pisses them off. Nike would say "Just do it"