Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

make this a ppv event and donate money to charity?

Re: Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    make this a ppv event and donate money to charity?
    I can totally get on board with that. Although, I don't think I'd ever want to see it personally. I watched that Nick Berg video about 17 years ago and that still haunts me man.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I can totally get on board with that. Although, I don't think I'd ever want to see it personally. I watched that Nick Berg video about 17 years ago and that still haunts me man.
    You are joking now both of you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    You are joking now both of you, right?
    Hey! It is Captain "Wade into things he knows nothing about"! Nice to see you!

Do you have ANY idea what it takes to be on death row? What a vile waste of life these people are? Should we pay to have him live with 3 meals a day, a warm bed, TV, and socialization? Lets break this down because you, once again, have no clue what you're talking about: People on death row are mostly people that have either murdered more than 4 people, or committed vile acts towards children such as rape and torture. Do you think that they need more "education" on the subject? You think maybe they missed the memo on raping children being bad, and were just misinformed? There are some people that don't deserve to be here, and society should not be burdened with them. Period. I'm sure your sensitivities preclude you from such a harsh, yet realistic view, but I assure you... that is the way of the actual world. Not your fantasy land dreams of what the world should be. Some men are born broken, and that hole in them can never be filled with enough pain and suffering.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Hey! It is Captain "Wade into things he knows nothing about"! Nice to see you!

Do you have ANY idea what it takes to be on death row? What a vile waste of life these people are? Should we pay to have him live with 3 meals a day, a warm bed, TV, and socialization? Lets break this down because you, once again, have no clue what you're talking about: People on death row are mostly people that have either murdered more than 4 people, or committed vile acts towards children such as rape and torture. Do you think that they need more "education" on the subject? You think maybe they missed the memo on raping children being bad, and were just misinformed? There are some people that don't deserve to be here, and society should not be burdened with them. Period. I'm sure your sensitivities preclude you from such a harsh, yet realistic view, but I assure you... that is the way of the actual world. Not your fantasy land dreams of what the world should be. Some men are born broken, and that hole in them can never be filled with enough pain and suffering.
    Well, after your remarks on the Paris agreement and such, I suppose you must be the commander in chief on the same subject. Nice to see you too.

I haven´t been on death row, obviously, so I don´t see the point of that question?
    You don´t think I know why people get put on death row...? Seriously...?
    Me remark was, as I think is obvious here, to the PPV comment, which I believe is a joke.

As for death penalty itself, as long as there is a possibility anyone innocent gets it, and there have been several cases, it should not be used. Having people on death row has turned out to be as expensive or more expensive then life imprisonment as I understand it. But yeah, there are people out there, and in there, taht should enver ever be allowed into society in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Well, after your remarks on the Paris agreement and such, I suppose you must be the commander in chief on the same subject. Nice to see you too.

I haven´t been on death row, obviously, so I don´t see the point of that question?
    You don´t think I know why people get put on death row...? Seriously...?
    Me remark was, as I think is obvious here, to the PPV comment, which I believe is a joke.

As for death penalty itself, as long as there is a possibility anyone innocent gets it, and there have been several cases, it should not be used. Having people on death row has turned out to be as expensive or more expensive then life imprisonment as I understand it. But yeah, there are people out there, and in there, taht should enver ever be allowed into society in any form.
    I don't know about PPV... obviously that is pretty extreme... but I also think it is a waste of chemicals when a knife is cheap and reusable.
    I would hope you've never been on death row. Have you ever toured a prison? Watched a documentary? Studied law? Read about this? I agree that immersion is a great way to learn but there are some places I'm willing to just read about (ie., inside volcanoes, the moon).
    There hasn't been someone innocent on death row for a VERY long time. Forensics are heavily used in cases and modern science has helped a lot with convictions. In today's day and age of forensic research, it is guaranteed with 100% accuracy on 100% of those cases. I'm not certain of the statistic and won't make one up, but I know a huge portion of the people on death row plead guilty.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

I don't know about PPV... obviously that is pretty extreme... but I also think it is a waste of chemicals when a knife is cheap and reusable.
    I would hope you've never been on death row. Have you ever toured a prison? Watched a documentary? Studied law? Read about this? I agree that immersion is a great way to learn but there are some places I'm willing to just read about (ie., inside volcanoes, the moon).
    There hasn't been someone innocent on death row for a VERY long time. Forensics are heavily used in cases and modern science has helped a lot with convictions. In today's day and age of forensic research, it is guaranteed with 100% accuracy on 100% of those cases. I'm not certain of the statistic and won't make one up, but I know a huge portion of the people on death row plead guilty.
    I have never toured a prison, here or elsewhere. I´ve seen loads of documentaies of course, yes, from death row aswell. Never studied any law beyond what would be equivalent to senior high and first year in college.

Yes, forensics have developed, but what you´re stating here has been stated for 150 years. "Oh, it´s so accurate now it´s almost impossible to get wrongly convicted!". And time and time again it has proven to be wrong. And although I to some extent can feel that some people don´t "deserve" to live, I still can´t support something that has even a minimal risk of a state putting someone on death row that shouldn´t be there. And in any case, life imprisonment aint no fancy way of life, especially in the US compared to how it might be here. Maybe that´s why ASAP Rocky has started his massive campaign that has had Trump even calling our Prime Minister to get him released; he doesn´t realize how lucky he is this is where he ended up in custody and not the US.

Eh. I’d venture atleast 95% if convicted prisoners on Death Row are 100% Quilty of their crime. They get an appeal process. So if they feel wronged the first time they get a “mulligan” chance also. I’m sorry but if you get convicted on both your first AND your Appeal trials...you’re guilty. Period. Two juries of your peers found you that way.

A “life” sentence on average cost the American citizens $31,000 a year per inmate. A study suggest that the average “Life “ sentence cost around $740,000 from. Start to finish per inmate, while a “Death Penalty” case cost $1.2millon per inmate.
    Now this is based on the number of appeals they get, lawyer fees for “Public defenders “ and the extreme cost of Leathal injection execution.

Steamline this process. They get ONE appeal. The sentence will be carried out with in 1 yr from final verdict of second appeal. Not 15yr later. Holy shit!

Also bring back executions like the gas chamber and electric chair. Maybe hanging also. I’d be for firing squad but that may be too extreme for some.

As far as making the execution a PPV? Why not? Let’s be honest. ...we Americans are a sick bunch. We purposely watch horror movies , go to Haunted houses. And usually the nightly news is more violent than an execution would be anyway. It would help offset the cost of the prison term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Eh. I’d venture atleast 95% if convicted prisoners on Death Row are 100% Quilty of their crime. They get an appeal process. So if they feel wronged the first time they get a “mulligan” chance also. I’m sorry but if you get convicted on both your first AND your Appeal trials...you’re guilty. Period. Two juries of your peers found you that way.

A “life” sentence on average cost the American citizens $31,000 a year per inmate. A study suggest that the average “Life “ sentence cost around $740,000 from. Start to finish per inmate, while a “Death Penalty” case cost $1.2millon per inmate.
    Now this is based on the number of appeals they get, lawyer fees for “Public defenders “ and the extreme cost of Leathal injection execution.

Steamline this process. They get ONE appeal. The sentence will be carried out with in 1 yr from final verdict of second appeal. Not 15yr later. Holy shit!

Also bring back executions like the gas chamber and electric chair. Maybe hanging also. I’d be for firing squad but that may be too extreme for some.

As far as making the execution a PPV? Why not? Let’s be honest. ...we Americans are a sick bunch. We purposely watch horror movies , go to Haunted houses. And usually the nightly news is more violent than an execution would be anyway. It would help offset the cost of the prison term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a fan of a good old fashioned hanging like we used to do in the Old West. People had manners back when killing a man over a minor dispute was legal so long as it was sanctioned. The left literally ruins everything. haha.