Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Why would anyone want to be a cop in this country right now? This is sickening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I agree.
    Ed Norris also mentions getting rid of all the enabler politicians, judges and city council members that are soft on crime and don't back their own police department. He always brings up the insanity of naming a recreation center after the drug dealer Freddie Gray.

Blog Entries

Re: Why would anyone want to be a cop in this country right now? This is sickening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Ed Norris also mentions getting rid of all the enabler politicians, judges and city council members that are soft on crime and don't back their own police department. He always brings up the insanity of naming a recreation center after the drug dealer Freddie Gray.
    He spoke this morning about how there's no support from the DA's office. Bringing back stop and frisk, getting rid of the consent decree, etc.

Baltimore can be cleaned up in a year with a strong mayor, DA that supports law enforcement, a strong Police Commissioner and a good City Council President. That's probably a lot to wish for though.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

4th video out this morning. This one includes little kids in the dousing. One looks to be maybe 8? So disgusting. What can these cops do if they feel it's escalated to the point they're in danger? If they start using the baton they're outnumbered and could get jumped. Not going to use a taser when you're soaking wet. So what's the next option?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    4th video out this morning. This one includes little kids in the dousing. One looks to be maybe 8? So disgusting. What can these cops do if they feel it's escalated to the point they're in danger? If they start using the baton they're outnumbered and could get jumped. Not going to use a taser when you're soaking wet. So what's the next option?
    Start shooting. Fuck 'em.

Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance is one of the best books I've ever read (highly recommend) and one of the takeaways from it is that this type of CULTURE is exacerbated by a severe lack of parenting. Shitty parenting effects everyone from every walk of life. EVERYTHING goes back to the parents of the people who behave like this. No government...no bill...no nothing can help a child like a parent can. Clearly, it's lacking/non-existent here.

For a small child to be engaged in this is proof positive that his life is shit because of his mother or father. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Start shooting. Fuck 'em.
    Exactly, and then it's BLM marches and police brutality protests again. The three arrested are all out on bail and the most serious charge is going to be destruction of property or something weak like that against one guy because the water fried a body cam. How this is not assaulting an officer I can not begin to comprehend.

Blog Entries

Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance is one of the best books I've ever read (highly recommend) and one of the takeaways from it is that this type of CULTURE is exacerbated by a severe lack of parenting. Shitty parenting effects everyone from every walk of life. EVERYTHING goes back to the parents of the people who behave like this. No government...no bill...no nothing can help a child like a parent can. Clearly, it's lacking/non-existent here.

For a small child to be engaged in this is proof positive that his life is shit because of his mother or father. It's sad.
    Chances are there is no father in the picture. The government makes it much more lucrative for the mother if the father is not around. Sad.

Blog Entries

Exactly. I volunteered for 10 years i Baltimore City public schools starting in 1993. I saw it then. It's much worse now.

Blog Entries

This is why LE stays away from certain neighborhoods. It’s not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Exactly. I volunteered for 10 years i Baltimore City public schools starting in 1993. I saw it then. It's much worse now.
    Looking at data...it's easy to see why these people are acting like this...

According to 2018 Census Bureau...4 out of about 11 million single parent families with children under the age of 18, more than 80% were living in a home w/o a father.

Single mothers are much more likely to be poor than married couples. The poverty rate for single-mother families in 2017 was 34%, nearly five times more than the rate (6%) for married-couple families.

Among children living with mother only, 40% lived in poverty. In contrast, only 12% of children in two parent families were counted as poor.

Families headed by women of color fared even worse. Nearly two in five (37%) of Black female-headed families lived in poverty, Hispanic (41%), White (29%), and Asian (25%).

The numbers are pretty striking. All of this is a result of a growing trend where children are now regularly being born outside of marriage. As a man of faith...I believe this ties into not having any relationship/knowledge w/God. These people have ZERO structure...ZERO hope...ZERO societal capital to leverage to get out of their hell hole. It's a culture of despair. So...why the hell not? Fuck the police!

All of this is discussed in Hillbilly Elegy.

Blog Entries

Looking at data...it's easy to see why these people are acting like this...

The numbers are pretty striking. All of this is a result of a growing trend where children are now regularly being born outside of marriage. As a man of faith...I believe this ties into not having any relationship/knowledge w/God. These people have ZERO structure...ZERO hope...ZERO societal capital to leverage to get out of their hell hole. It's a culture of despair. So...why the hell not? Fuck the police!

All of this is discussed in Hillbilly Elegy.
    This is one of the reasons why I stopped volunteering. It seemed like I and the other coaches cared more about these kids than their own parents. It was heartbreaking to see no one show up to watch them play in the games.