Maryland state golden glove champs from the past.....the wayyyy past 1936?

So some of you may remember i made a post trying to find some of my family as i dont know much about the past. Well talking to my grandmother on my mothers side, her father was apparently a golden glove boxer in Baltimore, Ralph Sexton. I have lately been on Ancestry.com trying to find some stuff and i have, which is quite amazing. Im just curious if any of you guys are into boxing or might be able to find some info in the local area, it would be awesome to be able to find an old poster of him or a fight night flyer. Just thought id share.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Re: Maryland state golden glove champs from the past.....the wayyyy past 1936?

Found this article

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

My wife’s grandfather was a boxer (amateur) and boxed in the army. Spared with Joe Louis a time or two. I’ll see if there family has any papers/articles or anything. I doubt it but I’ll ask.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    My wife’s grandfather was a boxer (amateur) and boxed in the army. Spared with Joe Louis a time or two. I’ll see if there family has any papers/articles or anything. I doubt it but I’ll ask.
    Thanks man. Yea i dont have any clue how to look into all this but thought it would be worth posting.