Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

How is the Red Zone offense going to do this year?

It wasn’t as hot to trot down the stretch last season. What is everyone expecting of it for this upcoming season?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: How is the Red Zone offense going to do this year?

I feel good. I think the run game will be better with Ingram, I expect him to get a lot of red zone touches. I expect that Jackson will develop more as a passer, and Hurst being back to 100% will help. I don't know, it's just a combination of little things that to me add up, so it seems like we're trending up, but maybe I'm wrong.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I expect high formation/personnel variances, specifically to move defenders out of the box and to create mis-matches on the perimeter (e.g., TEs, MBrown and Hill vs. LBs).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I expect high formation/personnel variances, specifically to move defenders out of the box and to create mis-matches on the perimeter (e.g., TEs, MBrown and Hill vs. LBs).
    That can work against most defenses these days. They'll have some options. Andrews and Hurst is a combination they can do different things with. One up the seam, one out wide. Bubble screens with Brown. Short stop routes with Snead.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That can work against most defenses these days. They'll have some options. Andrews and Hurst is a combination they can do different things with. One up the seam, one out wide. Bubble screens with Brown. Short stop routes with Snead.
    I genuinely think, for the first time in a very long time, we have the personnel to run a diverse WCO. It's really up to Roman to put it all together.

I do get a little nervous sometimes that his tendency in the run game to use TE's, FB's (with TE's being the FB, not a traditional FB) and H-backs may prevent him from spreading out the defense
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I feel good. I think the run game will be better with Ingram, I expect him to get a lot of red zone touches. I expect that Jackson will develop more as a passer, and Hurst being back to 100% will help. I don't know, it's just a combination of little things that to me add up, so it seems like we're trending up, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Oh Shrubbsy....still think Lame Thor can actually play. Lol. The Ravens should give him Max’s old number.....careeers are gonna be similar ...and they both have red hair. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Oh Shrubbsy....still think Lame Thor can actually play. Lol. The Ravens should give him Max’s old number.....careeers are gonna be similar ...and they both have red hair. Lol.

I just... don't get how you can say this after 1 season where he was injured. He may flop, but it's not destiny just yet

I just... don't get how you can say this after 1 season where he was injured. He may flop, but it's not destiny just yet
    Agreed. If he gets hurt again/doesn't do much then I'll sour on him real quick.

But he seems hungry as hell and he gets my benefit of the doubt.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Max had one season injured. How’d that work? Also ....since soo many wanna throw around collage numbers here ...how many TDs did Thor have again? 4? Over 4yrs. Color me not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Agreed. If he gets hurt again/doesn't do much then I'll sour on him real quick.

But he seems hungry as hell and he gets my benefit of the doubt.
    You Sir are too nice. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Max had one season injured. How’d that work? Also ....since soo many wanna throw around collage numbers here ...how many TDs did Thor have again? 4? Over 4yrs. Color me not impressed.

DeShon Elliot spent his entire rookie season injured and everyone including you is plenty excited about him? What's different?

DeShon Elliot spent his entire rookie season injured and everyone including you is plenty excited about him? What's different?
    Elliot was a monster in college. Also he showed lots of upside during preseason. What’s Thor shown? Just compare him to Andrews. Who you want come week one? Thor is damaged goods that wasn’t that good anyway. Wasted pick ...imho.