Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Evidence Suggests That Lamar Jackson Will be Better in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I can't wait to see what happens when the offense takes the field.
    ^This!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's not some chump that could just throw the ball really far in college and got by on athleticism and a strong arm
    No: that describes #7 overall pick Josh Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    We actually finally have hope of change. We were stuck in a repeated cycle of mediocrity and stagnation for too long.
    Joe was at an age where he's no longer going to improve. A good chunk of his prime was robbed by the knee injury and the later back injury; not anyone's fault, but it is what it is.

It's kind of amazing how seamlessly the team "switched horses midstream". Night and day difference in 3-to-5-year-outlook in just 15 mos. Remarkable.

That's the effect LJ has. Not saying he is going to be a hall of famer, but gotta admit, his teammates love him and he is a charismatic, yet humble, guy
    And just 22! Insanely talented, and just 22. We went from having a starting QB nearing the end of his career on a massive contract; to an insanely talented 22yo on a rookie contract. Huge change in context.

Whether Lamar "succeeds" or not (everyone knows where I stand on that); the change itself is a huge win for the organization. Big shot in the arm in terms of excitement; for sure a ticket out of the middle-of-the-pack.

Found a very interesting/informative article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-sway-doubters
    Great read. Beginning to realize that perhaps Greg Roman really is the best coach for him at this time. The most interesting observation in the whole article is the one where the author says "Jackson's rushing ability will continue to make his life as passer easier"

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The most interesting observation in the whole article is the one where the author says "Jackson's rushing ability will continue to make his life as passer easier"
    Right. You can see how. 3rd-&-5 or so should be a nightmare for defenses. Send the receivers deep: if the D doesn't cover them, then an easy throw for a first. If the D does cover them, Lamar easily trots OOB for the first. Even without making big plays, we should be able to dink & dunk opponents to death.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    And just 22! Insanely talented, and just 22. We went from having a starting QB nearing the end of his career on a massive contract; to an insanely talented 22yo on a rookie contract. Huge change in context.

Whether Lamar "succeeds" or not (everyone knows where I stand on that); the change itself is a huge win for the organization. Big shot in the arm in terms of excitement; for sure a ticket out of the middle-of-the-pack.
    We really got to sure up the middle of the OL because that's the issue. If teams can blitz up the middle, that can hinder what Lamar can do. So, I'm hoping honestly for a Powers/Bozeman/Yanda interior. Both Powers and Bozeman have lots of experience blocking for a mobile QB, and Yanda is a HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    We really got to sure up the middle of the OL because that's the issue. If teams can blitz up the middle, that can hinder what Lamar can do. So, I'm hoping honestly for a Powers/Bozeman/Yanda interior. Both Powers and Bozeman have lots of experience blocking for a mobile QB, and Yanda is a HOF.
    Agree. Interior line play could be our Achilles heel here. Specifically left guard and center.

Another possibility: Eleumenor – Skura – Yanda this year; and then Eleumenor – Powers – RG next year.

A year of Powers practicing at C, then he wins the job next offseason. What do you think?

I completely agree and hope that turns out to be the starting group.
    Having 2 Oklahoma linemen and Bozeman, the center from Alabama, next to Yanda and having Stanley anchor the left side...and still having Hurst, Lewis, and Eleumenor in the wings...pretty solid.

I just think Powers, Bozeman, and Yanda have the same mentality and are cut from the same cloth.
    They like to hit to the whistle and want to beat you into submission. What a potentially brutal interior.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Last year stepped in, took over a 3-5 team as a rookie, picked up an offense on the fly, and won 6 out of 7. He was easily, the biggest threat on our offense. This year, there are weapons around him. He doesn't have to do it all. I think this offense can be insanely good. The key to me is Hollywood Brown. We need to work the ball to him. Design quick, easy plays for him to help build chemistry and confidence. And of course utilize him over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I think this offense can be insanely good.
    Me too; but it's like a two-year project. Got to build chemistry, gain experience in the new offense, etc.

The Ravens of 2020 and 2021 will be quite something.