Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Evidence Suggests That Lamar Jackson Will be Better in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ed and Ray View Post
    Hmmmmm......
    Just speaking facts. 95% of the posters here have legit football reason as to why they don’t like LJ. I can respect that. But then you have dudes like ravensfan7716, Cleo&Dilly, and one eyed bird

Blog Entries

I think if Lamar corrects some fundamental aspects of his passing game (footwork, hand placement, release, etc) then he could become a very good passer. He's not some chump that could just throw the ball really far in college and got by on athleticism and a strong arm - he's got legitimate talent.

In my mind, all of this really hinges on Greg Roman and the offensive design. If they've successfully built the offense around Lamar's talents and created game plans and a play book that enhances his natural ability, then the Ravens will be a lot of fun to watch.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Seems like they got a very good start to building the offense around him by the draft. They drafted players that will benefit LJ and the offense as a whole. Roman is also an excellent choice to build LJ up.
    What I'm really looking for this year are our skill players being on the same page as Lamar so when he rolls out or the play breaks down, they know to break their routes off and just get-the-fuck open so he can toss it to them and make something happen.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What I'm really looking for this year are our skill players being on the same page as Lamar so when he rolls out or the play breaks down, they know to break their routes off and just get-the-fuck open so he can toss it to them and make something happen.
    VG point. I'll add that I hope the club is applying this to the OL also--they need to constantly look for work on passing downs, if the ball is not out/downfield as practiced.

Same goes for any jets and bubble screens.
    Beyond their blocking assignments, with the cutback skills of MBrown and Hill, just getting in a defender's way on the backside can ultimately be helpful.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Mitch Trubisky from year 1 to year 2 should be the goal.

Jared Goff
    I get the idea of progression...but Goff and Lamar are apples and oranges. Goff doesn’t have Lamar’s gift of speed and elusiveness. But I do get what you’re saying.

GOTAs comp of Trubisky is closer to what I’d expect. Not a Pro Bowl level jump ...but marked improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember .....we ( Ravens ) don’t need Lamar to be Rodgers , Brady , Goff , Wentz or who ever. We need him to improve slightly in the pass game and still contribute in the run game. What we need is him to not have to be the ONLY playmaker we have. He needs Hill, Ingram , Brown , Snead , Andrews and co to step up and help him out.

I’m as pessimistic as anyone here ...but if you’re really a football fan you have to see the potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a very interesting/informative article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-sway-doubters
    Good read and like the article states, it's to quick to say what Lamar will become but he has the chance to be something special. He is a hard worker and wants to be great.

Found a very interesting/informative article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-sway-doubters
    It's a great article. Whether true or not (and I think it probably is) it just makes me happy to read that as a Ravens fan.

In college, Lamar made a big jump from freshman to sophomore (won Heisman) and continued to improve as a junior.
    Moving from high school to college is a big jump in size and speed. He needed some time to adjust to that.
    It is the same from college to the pros...a big jump in size and speed. He will need it again.
    He has a year under his belt actually playing against NFL competition including what it is like in a playoff atmosphere.

That experience should pay HUGE dividends from here on out.
    As the game slows down for the 22 year old, along with his drive and work ethic, we will see the best of who he can be.
    He is also a leader and his team rallies around him.
    He has an OC who is tailoring the offense around him, and giving him all the tools to succeed.
    That is what good coaches do.

The sky is virtually the limit for him as we will see him grow up and mature in front of our eyes.
    Even his body is still maturing. Give the kid a chance.
    For the first time in a long time, I can't wait to see what happens when the offense takes the field.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think if Lamar corrects some fundamental aspects of his passing game (footwork, hand placement, release, etc) then he could become a very good passer. He's not some chump that could just throw the ball really far in college and got by on athleticism and a strong arm - he's got legitimate talent.

In my mind, all of this really hinges on Greg Roman and the offensive design. If they've successfully built the offense around Lamar's talents and created game plans and a play book that enhances his natural ability, then the Ravens will be a lot of fun to watch.
    Agreed. Everything depends on Roman’s offensive scheme. Being ridiculously run heavy, LJ going out there and just ‘feeling it’ will not last long, and will not be sustainable for anything other than beating a bad team here and there. Unlike his predecessor, the hope is that Roman is a much better in game/situational play caller than MM was. LJ is no doubt a special talent, but without a good architect drawing up the blueprints nothing can be built.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    As the game slows down for the 22 year old, along with his drive and work ethic, we will see the best of who he can be.
    This is the big piece to the puzzle for me. A lot of my "OMG" last season was based on what looked like premature execution. If he can pump the brakes on what he absorbs, I think he can progress. And fortunately, I do not see the same mannerisms of Boller when it comes to the hair-trigger.
    Captain Offense