Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Evidence Suggests That Lamar Jackson Will be Better in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Remember .....we ( Ravens ) don’t need Lamar to be Rodgers , Brady , Goff , Wentz or who ever. We need him to improve slightly in the pass game and still contribute in the run game. What we need is him to not have to be the ONLY playmaker we have. He needs Hill, Ingram , Brown , Snead , Andrews and co to step up and help him out.

I’m as pessimistic as anyone here ...but if you’re really a football fan you have to see the potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This!!

I don't think Lamar will ever be a great passer. But he doesn't need to be - that's not who he is. He just needs to be a decent passer, and the rest of his talent will pull him through. I am fairly confident that he will improve significantly this year. But I don't think he will be as good a passer as Flacco, or most other starters in the league. I think the style of the offense will help the receivers get more open than we're used to seeing, and I think Lamar's ability to scramble could create a lot of passing opportunities that Flacco never had.

I will truly miss Flacco as the starting QB of the Ravens offense. But I think the 2019 Ravens offense will be better than most of the media expects.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    God, I hope this doesn't continue into the season.

I will not entertain this. That's as close to a perfect throw as you could want. It coulda been a couple inches to the right; but that coulda put it in position to where the LB #54 (who decapitates Brown) might have had a play on the ball. The passer has to balance a few variables when delivering this ball. He's done a fine job here. Keeping it to the side of the window away from #54 is a very reasonable approach. Any receiver who "requires" a better throw in order to come down with the ball, needs to be replaced.

I guess you did say "nitpicking". But whew, that seems over and above.

You frame this as a reflection of arm strength. That seems silly to me. It's possible in that situation for a QB to uncork a Josh Allen -type, level 9 throw – and have the ball zing completely thru the window before either Brown or the LBs get there. That's not what you want either. Too hard a throw is as useless here as too soft.

On the reception: it all happens pretty quick, but I believe Brown has already dropped the ball before the LB takes his head off. Might have heard footsteps.
    You won’t entertain it, but you did.

I guess the die has been cast and our positions are known. It’s time for history to take its course.

So you guys are saying Za Darius Smith was not a smart signing on our part?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    So you guys are saying Za Darius Smith was not a smart signing on our part?
    He’s good, just overpayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He’s good, just overpayed.
    Our defense blows. We need anyone to help us. Was he a good run stopper?

According to PFF, he's been average/below average to-date.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Run defense is something he can definitely improve on. He will make his money rushing the passer from the inside. He may not always get the sack, but he’s always in the backfield causing pressure and harassing the QB. Z will definitely make Gary, Preston Smith, Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Amos better.

How bout Preston Smith? You guys know much about him? Thanks for the info too MC.

Blog Entries

How bout Preston Smith? You guys know much about him? Thanks for the info too MC.
    I like Preston Smith. He's tall and lanky with very long arms. He's not a guy who can beat double teams but he can get by single blocks and pressure the QB. He's one of those guys who really needs someone on the other side but you have that with Z'Darius. He was good signing by the Packers.

This is a good one:

Keep in mind this stat…
    After throwing three interceptions over his first two starts, Jackson finished the regular season with five straight games without a pick. He did throw one interception in a playoff loss to the Chargers...
    I hadn't picked up on that!

Blog Entries

Early in the offseason, before players are allowed to work with their teams, Jackson trains with Joshua Harris, a personal throwing coach from Florida. Later in the offseason, he works with the 3DQB group, headed by Adam Dedeaux and Tom House. In between, he spends hours and hours with Urban.

^^From Dan Pompéi article

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Later in the offseason, he works with the 3DQB group, headed by Adam Dedeaux and Tom House.
    This of course is something we want to know MORE and MORE about.