Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The “Squad”

Blog Entries

Re: The “Squad”

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I have a friend who works for CBP as an intelligence analyst down in McCallan Texas (right on the border). They have an ICE detention facility down there. She's told me countless times that AOC and her ilk are basically fabricating everything and lying to the public about the CBP, immigration, etc. The facility she is at was designed for around 3,500 people and they currently have almost 10,000 there. They have no more space and, in a lot cases, detained immigrants are basically just roaming around the facility unchecked because they're overcrowded.

So, to those of you down here in the LID that aren't sure who to believe...how about taking it from someone that actually works at CBP on the Texas/Mexico border?
    Other than being "concentration camps" I'm not sure what AOC described. How is it different from what your friend says?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Other than being "concentration camps" I'm not sure what AOC described. How is it different from what your friend says?
    Id like to hear that as well.

AOC said something about them being subhuman, which i think is subjective and purposely gravitating description. That said, I could see a situation where theyre at 300% capacity as being pretty poor, even if not to that magnitude.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I have a friend who works for CBP as an intelligence analyst down in McCallan Texas (right on the border). They have an ICE detention facility down there. She's told me countless times that AOC and her ilk are basically fabricating everything and lying to the public about the CBP, immigration, etc. The facility she is at was designed for around 3,500 people and they currently have almost 10,000 there. They have no more space and, in a lot cases, detained immigrants are basically just roaming around the facility unchecked because they're overcrowded.

So, to those of you down here in the LID that aren't sure who to believe...how about taking it from someone that actually works at CBP on the Texas/Mexico border?
    This isn’t surprising. Abby Johnson ran a fundraiser to get clothes, food, and materials to deliver to the detention centers since their supplies are low. Ended up filling a 16-wheeler. When they got down there, there was a bunch of Dem congressmembers with their one plastic crappy toy to hand to a child for a photo op. Abby asked them to help unload the truck and they refused. They don’t want to actually help these people... they want photos of them looking like they give a crap so they can pass pointless policy.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/abby...s-mcallentexas

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This isn’t surprising. Abby Johnson ran a fundraiser to get clothes, food, and materials to deliver to the detention centers since their supplies are low. Ended up filling a 16-wheeler. When they got down there, there was a bunch of Dem congressmembers with their one plastic crappy toy to hand to a child for a photo op. Abby asked them to help unload the truck and they refused. They don’t want to actually help these people... they want photos of them looking like they give a crap so they can pass pointless policy.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/abby...s-mcallentexas
    Abby Johnson seems to be describing a situation that wasnt very good as far as conditions. Lack of food, hygienic supplies, etc, is not describing a situation thats not really taking place.

I think thats part of the issue though. different detention centers are equipped differently to handle these situations. I have little doubt that some are perfectly fine and dealing with it well. I also have little doubt that some are not as equipped and situations are much poorer. I have even less doubt that either side of the debate is picking and choosing which ones to showcase to make their point.

kudos to abby and the new feminists org for doing that, i hadnt heard that story prior.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I see that point with swing voters.

To me his greatest opponent is a unified Left. getting them to look past their differences and unite against him seems counter to that. Keep them divided and hed make a lot more independent voters against the democrats eventual nominee. creating more independents from that side would only benefit him. If theyre all singing Kum by yah by the time the nominee is selected that doesnt bode as well. part of him winning last election was the Dems being divided between bernie and HRC.
    There is no chance that the left won’t be unified against trump. It’s folly to try and work those margins

Well I’m sure they aren’t drinking out of toilets and being brutalized.
    And let’s not just dismiss the concentration camp comment, that is sooo far out of line, she shouldn’t be taken seriously

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Well I’m sure they aren’t drinking out of toilets and being brutalized.
    And let’s not just dismiss the concentration camp comment, that is sooo far out of line, she shouldn’t be taken seriously
    If any one is taking her seriously, it's only cause she's being filtered through MSNBC or CNN.

Blog Entries

Abby Johnson seems to be describing a situation that wasnt very good as far as conditions. Lack of food, hygienic supplies, etc, is not describing a situation thats not really taking place.

I think thats part of the issue though. different detention centers are equipped differently to handle these situations. I have little doubt that some are perfectly fine and dealing with it well. I also have little doubt that some are not as equipped and situations are much poorer. I have even less doubt that either side of the debate is picking and choosing which ones to showcase to make their point.

kudos to abby and the new feminists org for doing that, i hadnt heard that story prior.
    That's not exactly concentration camps situation either.

I won't derail the thread with a link, but if you want to hear her story, check out the interview she did recently with Glenn Beck.

Blog Entries

Different in that MSM and leftists are suggesting that CBP are doing these things on purpose, aren’t trying to be accommodating, abusive, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Id like to hear that as well.

AOC said something about them being subhuman, which i think is subjective and purposely gravitating description. That said, I could see a situation where theyre at 300% capacity as being pretty poor, even if not to that magnitude.
    House Dems dragged their feet forever passing any kind of budget for improving border facilities and capabilities (it wasn’t just $$$ for a wall).

That’s certainly part of the issue here.

Maybe the facility at McCallan, TX wouldn’t be at 300% capacity if there was budget put in place to deal with this issue before it became the crisis it currently is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

That's not exactly concentration camps situation either.

I won't derail the thread with a link, but if you want to hear her story, check out the interview she did recently with Glenn Beck.
    I dont disagree. That was a poor statement on her part. shes had many.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I dont disagree. That was a poor statement on her part. shes had many.
    That wasn't just a statement though. That was a long talk about it.