Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Threat of Contact in the NFL

Cam Cameron didn't do many things well here in Baltimore but one observation during training camp was spot on!

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: The Threat of Contact in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Cam Cameron didn't do many things well here in Baltimore but one observation during training camp was spot on!

I think your statement on (Cam Cameron not doing many things well and saying his offense did not match the teams strengths) is not accurate.

Unfortunately people have a short memory from seasons 2008-2012 and only seem to remember the firing aspect. Cameron was a better coordinator than (Trestman, MM, Caldwell) THis team has only briefly saw an above average offensive mind in Gary Kubiak for 1 single season. Outside of that historically this offense has been pretty bad for majority of its history.

The Ravens offenses those years actually were better than say from seasons 2013-2018 outside of 2014 season.

Flacco threw the ball down field, and we ran the ball pretty well and balanced those years. I would trade those offenses for what we have seen from 2015-2018 in a heartbeat.

Blog Entries

I agree with 1776. Kind of outside the point of the thread, but after the parade of OC's we've had since he was fired, do we really need to take shots at Cameron in 2019? To say he didn't do much well? How about have a hand in developing an eventual SB MVP and run an offense that was generally effective - which is more than you can say for Caldwell (sans the SB run), Trestman, and Marty.

Definitely not saying he shouldn't have been fired but he deserves a little more credit than "didn't do much well"!
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think your statement on (Cam Cameron not doing many things well and saying his offense did not match the teams strengths) is not accurate.

Unfortunately people have a short memory from seasons 2008-2012 and only seem to remember the firing aspect. Cameron was a better coordinator than (Trestman, MM, Caldwell) THis team has only briefly saw an above average offensive mind in Gary Kubiak for 1 single season. Outside of that historically this offense has been pretty bad for majority of its history.

The Ravens offenses those years actually were better than say from seasons 2013-2018 outside of 2014 season.

Flacco threw the ball down field, and we ran the ball pretty well and balanced those years. I would trade those offenses for what we have seen from 2015-2018 in a heartbeat.
    The Ravens had a solid offensive line; receiving weapons; nice backfield and a QB who could rip it. Yet in those seasons (2008-12) they finished 18, 13, 22, 15 & 16 in total offense. I think it's safe to say that Cam didn't employ the team's talents efficiently. And by the way, during those same years they finished 2, 3, 10, 3 and 17 on defense. 2012, the worst of the lot, was Dean Pees' first as DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I agree with 1776. Kind of outside the point of the thread, but after the parade of OC's we've had since he was fired, do we really need to take shots at Cameron in 2019? To say he didn't do much well? How about have a hand in developing an eventual SB MVP and run an offense that was generally effective - which is more than you can say for Caldwell (sans the SB run), Trestman, and Marty.

Definitely not saying he shouldn't have been fired but he deserves a little more credit than "didn't do much well"!
    Video wasn't about taking shots at Cam. And I was paraphrasing what many have shared with me about Cam.

Blog Entries

I would rather see them run Air Coryell than death by a million checkdowns that we've had the last few years. That fullback lead offense that focused the TE and occasional deep passes was a lot of fun to me.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Lol, forgive me as I respond to the OPs actual topic.....

But, to paraphrase Mike Tyson...everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, forgive me as I respond to the OPs actual topic.....

But, to paraphrase Mike Tyson...everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth

The problem with Cam's offense from 2008-2011 was that it was predicated on the deep ball but the team did not have a consistent talented deep threat. It was Derrick Mason and Boldin (starting in 2010). It wasn't until the emergence of Torrey Smith that the offense began to work the way it was intended. Cam was an above average offensive coordinator. I waa ready to see him go when he left but he wasn't terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Cam was an above average offensive coordinator. I waa ready to see him go when he left but he wasn't terrible.
    I was done with him too in 2012. But he did great work for us in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    The problem with Cam's offense from 2008-2011 was that it was predicated on the deep ball but the team did not have a consistent talented deep threat. It was Derrick Mason and Boldin (starting in 2010). It wasn't until the emergence of Torrey Smith that the offense began to work the way it was intended. Cam was an above average offensive coordinator. I waa ready to see him go when he left but he wasn't terrible.
    After Trestman and MM, Cam doesn't look nearly as bad now.
    This could, however, be the case similar to a ex girlfriend who you only remember the good after some years. You forget she was a royal B%$#*.

Blog Entries

Cam had his faults, but going through the past half-dozen years of offense has given me a new appreciation for one thing he did bring to the table: An identity. You knew what the offense was trying to do and everyone understood a clear role. The only time we’ve had that since was with Kubiak and the second half of last season. When you look around the league, there are several offenses with the same issue.

Now, would I be in a rush to hire Cameron? Outside of giving him a rookie QB in his first two years, no. However, the identity was one thing he got right. Now, sending Boldin twenty yards down the field and along the boundary seemed to not be best, but at least you knew exactly what the offense was trying to do.

You never had players coming out and admitting that there’s confusion.