Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lamar To Throw First Pitch Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Thought the O's staff should have thrown for the Home Run Derby at the All-Star game.
    Not enough baseballs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Finally - a COMPLETION. He's finally found a sport where his "wobble" is a good thing.
    They still throw knuckleballs in baseball?

These are good things for him to be doing. I often wondered why the Orioles and Ravens don’t do more together to promote key franchise players.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    These are good things for him to be doing. I often wondered why the Orioles and Ravens don’t do more together to promote key franchise players.
    Because the O's have been a hopelessly mismanaged shitshow of a franchise for pretty much the entire time the Ravens have been in Charm City.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Because the O's have been a hopelessly mismanaged shitshow of a franchise for pretty much the entire time the Ravens have been in Charm City.
    That’s unfortunate...because this really shows a level of unity and elevates our players above just football players. If we want to build a franchise player, these types of opportunities make it happen. You want to root for people more when they do these types of things in sports and in the community.

That’s unfortunate...because this really shows a level of unity and elevates our players above just football players. If we want to build a franchise player, these types of opportunities make it happen. You want to root for people more when they do these types of things in sports and in the community.
    It is definitely good for the sports community but the O’s have nothing to offer the Ravens back. Unless they send Chris Davis over to clean the Ravens locker room toilets or take out the trash or something

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    What happened with the pitch? Did he throw it to the catcher, or did he throw it at the manager?
    I hope it was a strike for PR reasons. An errant underthrow is the last thing this place needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It is definitely good for the sports community but the O’s have nothing to offer the Ravens back. Unless they send Chris Davis over to clean the Ravens locker room toilets or take out the trash or something
    True, but we had a lot to offer from 2012-16. Even the dark years had Tejada and Mora, or other quality players. Hell, send a rookie over to kick field goals in warmups and sign autographs with Lamar for some kids.

Strike with a bit of extra flair added on
    Looks like he had a good time and got the crowd interested. Thumbs up.

True, but we had a lot to offer from 2012-16. Even the dark years had Tejada and Mora, or other quality players. Hell, send a rookie over to kick field goals in warmups and sign autographs with Lamar for some kids.
    It was great back when Buck first got there (I was still living in MD then) and the O’s made the playoffs for the first time in 20 whatever years. They did this awesome cross promotional teams supporting one another thing. It was short lived but still nice to see. The Ravens definitely appear more amicable to that sort of thing but I don’t know if the O’s even bother with public relations anymore.

The Os won't be in Baltimore for very much longer. 2023, they'll be in a different city completely, much like you moving away from Maryland.
    There is a rumor about Las Vegas getting a team I just assumed it would be the Rays. I’d hate to see the O’s ever leave Baltimore obviously, even if they moved here. Even if this rebuild thing works they’re still in a division with Boston and New York, they don’t draw fans, and the stadium while a classic, is almost 30 years old already.

The Os won't be in Baltimore for very much longer. 2023, they'll be in a different city completely, much like you moving away from Maryland.
    Not a chance