Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pay the man

Re: Pay the man

I believe the Ravens have been playing him out of position. If they move him into Suggs spot maybe he does have a really good year. If you can extend him at a reasonable price I think you do it. Z was way more valuable to me as a pass rusher because he provided an inside rush and was more disruptive in general. Z was way overpaid.

Blog Entries

I have no interest signing him now or after the season, unless he really takes the next step and is a dominant player game to game, play to play. Because all I've seen so far is a guy who plays the run pretty well (not a priority in 2019), has a knack for getting cleanup sacks, and abuses bad teams. I have not seen anything from Judon to make me think he's a cornerstone player. Let some other team make that mistake.

You can't be so thirsty for a Suggs successor that you make the mistake of paying huge money to a guy who isn't that, and Judon isn't. If you listed out the LB types we've let walk without a fight over the years, I don't think Judon is better than any of them personally, at least not right now. Again, he could have a great year, but even then, I'm super skittish of anyone that has a breakout year in their contract year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    If any of the other young outside linebackers prove incapable of setting the edge along with being able to get after the quarterback then honestly letting Judon go would not be a no brainier. I don't see why fans are comparing Matt Judon to Zadarius Smith because they both played different roles on the team. Judon had more responsibility on the field than Zadarius Smith. Smith mostly was just asked to rush the passer if i'm not mistaken while Judon was setting the edge to defend against the run, covering tight ends, sniffing out screens, and more to go along with his assignment to get after the quarterback.
    The comparison is two players they dont deserve a big contact and that Za, who brings more to the team than edge setting(this is relativly cheap eh?) and getting scheme/free sacks that any defender in the nfl would make was not retained by the current GM and that if Judon wants a big contact it wont be here. Judon can be 95/5'd much less 80/20 or whatever their mantra was. Plus the bit about him doing dumb $hit on the field, the after the whistle stuff, will play a role. IMO. I dont see Judon doing the other things you mention being beyond average if at all.

4. Re: Pay the man

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I have no interest signing him now or after the season, unless he really takes the next step and is a dominant player game to game, play to play. Because all I've seen so far is a guy who plays the run pretty well (not a priority in 2019), has a knack for getting cleanup sacks, and abuses bad teams. I have not seen anything from Judon to make me think he's a cornerstone player. Let some other team make that mistake.

You can't be so thirsty for a Suggs successor that you make the mistake of paying huge money to a guy who isn't that, and Judon isn't. If you listed out the LB types we've let walk without a fight over the years, I don't think Judon is better than any of them personally, at least not right now. Again, he could have a great year, but even then, I'm super skittish of anyone that has a breakout year in their contract year.
    PREACH!!!!!!