Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay the man

Pay the man

Matt Judon, he’s young and way better than others we’ve lost in the past. Z. Smith, P. Kruger, P. McPhee, etc... what does everyone think?

Blog Entries

Re: Pay the man

I wouldn’t pay Homer Simpson a damned thing.

He's a nice player but inconsistent - below others in priority and I would likely let him go for a nice comp pick like Z. Smith, P. Kruger, P. McPhee, etc.

I think Smith is better than Judon right now, FTR

I’m comfortable waiting and seeing how Judon (and maybe more importantly Ferguson, Williams, and Bowser) performs this season. If by the end of this season Judon proves he’s worth a mega deal, I’ll pay him a mega deal. If not, I’ll let someone else do so. I’m not in a rush to extend him, I’m inclined to let it play out.

Too early. I don't expect anything from Williams or Bowser but im excited to see Ferguson. I'm hoping he's a plug and player.

Adjust Judon's sack yardage to account for his personal foul penalties

Blog Entries

Judon needs to cut the stupid mistakes.

Pay the man

I’m paying Judon but only if proves he’s a difference maker this year. In other words he can be a 10 sack guy but if he’s not a game changer than I let someone else pay him. Suggs and Ngata never had all world numbers(arguably Suggs did in 2011) but they were game changers when the team needed a play. Judon has to be that guy or else move on for a comp pick. From what I’m seeing early on E.D. is paying game changers (Earl Thomas) while saving cap space for one of his picks on offense or to a lesser degree defense to blossom into a game changer. I like the philosophy. That’s the kind of mindset that Ozzie had but he failed in drafting difference making offensive players save for three(Ray Rice, Flacco and to a lesser degree Torrey Smith). Two got paid here, one somewhere else.

On a related note I’m hoping during the next CBA the players sacrifice the QB’s and put a cap on QB salaries. For Dak Prescott to feel he’s being low balled at $30-32 mil is ridiculous and threatens the competitive balance of the Cowboys and the game. Read up on the profitability of the packers from 2017 versus 2018. A 98% dip in profit due to Rodgers bonus and other staff financial obligations. It has to end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easier said than done. If you think Judon is starting negotiations at anything other than the top of the market, you're fooling yourself.. Pass-rushers get PAID on the open market. Judon knows he's an ascending player primed for a big season. I think he is twice the player Z. Smith was and look what he got..

Now he clearly isnt in the same league as the elite pass-rushers but I don't think he is going to be easy to keep around.

10. Re: Pay the man

I'm not sure what folks are seeing. Maybe he'll take another step this year, but let's put some data into this discussion.

Including our playoff game:

7 sacks in 17 games

3 of 7 came in 1 game, against an awful Oakland; so in 16 other games, he averaged one sack per four.

In the last quarter of the season, plus the playoffs - 1 sack.

29 solo tackles

Tied for 38th in sacks for the year

Again, maybe he sets the world on fire this year, but to-date, nothing about his play screams "break the bank."

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I’m paying Judon but only if proves he’s a difference maker this year. In other words he can be a 10 sack guy but if he’s not a game changer than I let someone else pay him. Suggs and Ngata never had all world numbers(arguably Suggs did in 2011) but they were game changers when the team needed a play. Judon has to be that guy or else move on for a comp pick. From what I’m seeing early on E.D. is paying game changers (Earl Thomas) while saving cap space for one of his picks on offense or to a lesser degree defense to blossom into a game changer. I like the philosophy. That’s the kind of mindset that Ozzie had but he failed in drafting difference making offensive players save for three(Ray Rice, Flacco and to a lesser degree Torrey Smith). Two got paid here, one somewhere else.

On a related note I’m hoping during the next CBA the players sacrifice the QB’s and put a cap on QB salaries. For Dak Prescott to feel he’s being low balled at $30-32 mil is ridiculous and threatens the competitive balance of the Cowboys and the game. Read up on the profitability of the packers from 2017 versus 2018. A 98% dip in profit due to Rodgers bonus and other staff financial obligations. It has to end.

I haven’t heard or a thing about a position cap. I can’t see the NFLPA ever agreeing to that. They want these massive contracts and having QBs routinely get paid that way helps their cause

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I haven’t heard or a thing about a position cap. I can’t see the NFLPA ever agreeing to that. They want these massive contracts and having QBs routinely get paid that way helps their cause
    I here you GOTA but the idea is that if they’re restrictions on QB salaries it may spread the wealth a little bit because the overall cap number will be the same.

What I don’t want to see is Josh Allen as a $40mil QB. That’s where he’s headed towards in his second contract.