Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 159
  1. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    11,772

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I'm just trying to get an idea of how smashed his foot might have been
    Yeah: like Ex said, Marquise played on it. So, it must not have been too bad?

    Not trying to minimize Marquise's toughness. I'm just saying, in terms of the severity of the injury: it was "mild" enough for him to play thru. Not as devastating as you see at the most severe end of the Lisfranc spectrum.

    That seems to me like it ought to be a positive for his prognosis. Not the fact that he played on it: that probably didn't do him any favors. But the fact that he could even attempt to do that, to me that must place the injury toward the less-severe end of the spectrum.





  2. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    11,772

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Did we ever find out how he hurt it? Was it an auto accident? Or a field injury. I'm just trying to get an idea of how smashed his foot might have been
    Oh I'm sorry: I had this info in another window I had open, but hadn't read yet. Article from the Athletic:


    ‘The injury that keeps on giving’: Why Marquise Brown’s first challenge could be his biggest
    https://theathletic.com/1082504/2019...e-his-biggest/
    Brown initially hurt his foot during the Big 12 championship game last Dec. 1. He played on it four weeks later in the Sooners’ loss to Alabama in the College Football Playoff semifinals, but he didn’t have a catch and didn’t look right. He eventually had surgery on Jan. 8 with screws being inserted into his left foot.

    Brown didn’t participate in the NFL Scouting Combine or any pre-draft workouts. The Ravens, however, had their doctors examine Smith at the combine, the post-combine medical recheck and during the player’s pre-draft visit at the Under Armour Performance Center. They were confident with the prognosis. After the Ravens selected Brown, general manager Eric DeCosta said the conservative estimate was the receiver being back for the start of training camp, which is a little over six months since the surgery. According to two doctors interviewed for this story, six months is a reasonable timetable for a player to return from a Lisfranc injury.





  3. #99

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah: like Ex said, Marquise played on it. So, it must not have been too bad?

    Not trying to minimize Marquise's toughness. I'm just saying, in terms of the severity of the injury: it was "mild" enough for him to play thru. Not as devastating as you see at the most severe end of the Lisfranc spectrum.

    That seems to me like it ought to be a positive for his prognosis. Not the fact that he played on it: that probably didn't do him any favors. But the fact that he could even attempt to do that, to me that must place the injury toward the less-severe end of the spectrum.
    Seems likely





  4. #100

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    I work mostly with trauma patients so they tend to be really jacked. We have a sports medicine surgeon, but most of the clinic is 40+ weekend warriors who are complaining about clicking in their knee and shoulder so I try to avoid that clinic as much as possible lol





  5. #101

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I mean no offense so please don’t take it the wrong way, but others have also echoed the same sentiment that they’re fine with letting him take the season off if it comes to that .....Huh?!!......Then why even draft him?
    None taken and I hope the feeling will be likewise.....

    Maybe it was lost in translation but my comment stated that I am fine with giving him as much time as he needs and not rushing him back.

    I was unaware and wasn't addressing the topic of whether or not I would have been fine drafting if I knew he might miss the season.

    Those are 2 different questions and imho the 2nd question doesn't matter much to me because we already drafted him. But, Brown wasn't on my draft board even though I thought he had the best film and was my 2nd highest rated WR (tied w/ Andy Issabella) based on the film and research.


    I guess I’m just in the camp that is not fine with drafting an undersized receiver in the first round with a pre-existing injury that by all indications would be fine by now, and now he’s going through all the protocols deeming him not ready to play.
    I understand why some are/were upset with the drafting Brown, especially considering he's still hurt and its unsure whether he'll be ready by the season. But, my comment is about whether or not I would want to rush him back and I wouldn't rush him back in any way.
    Last edited by edromeo; 07-20-2019 at 02:40 PM.





  6. #102

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Echo on Ed’s post above. Deserves to be said twice, And I cant Say it better.
    We already drafted him.
    He can be SPECIAL when healthy
    So let’s wait for him to actually be healthy.
    I have a “saying “ at work. We aren’t only in. Business for today, but tomorrow, the next day and the one after. If there is something We can get done today, let’s do it, but if not, I’m not going to forget about this opportunity tomorrow.

    This is a long term play, not a short term. Wait for the” safer” side of the play.





  7. #103

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    None taken and I hope the feeling will be likewise.....

    Maybe it was lost in translation but my comment stated that I am fine with giving him as much time as he needs and not rushing him back.

    I was unaware and wasn't addressing the topic of whether or not I would have been fine drafting if I knew he might miss the season.

    Those are 2 different questions and imho the 2nd question doesn't matter much to me because we already drafted him. But, Brown wasn't on my draft board even though I thought he had the best film and was my 2nd highest rated WR (tied w/ Andy Issabella) based on the film and research.


    I understand why some are/were upset with the drafting Brown, especially considering he's still hurt and its unsure whether he'll be ready by the season. But, my comment is about whether or not I would want to rush him back and I wouldn't rush him back in any way.
    Hypothetically speaking, the Ravens get a do over with their first pick knowing that before drafting Brown that he would not play a single snap the entire 2019 season. Is he that special of a talent that you still draft him anyway, or does someone like Montez Sweat who is still sitting there start looking like the better option?

    I realize that ‘what if’ is kind of pointless, but are you fine with letting Brown sit an entire season if it came to that to more protect an asset because what’s already done is done, or because he’s that good and he’s the right pick regardless? That’s really what I’m trying to gauge.





  8. #104

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, the Ravens get a do over with their first pick knowing that before drafting Brown that he would not play a single snap the entire 2019 season. Is he that special of a talent that you still draft him anyway, or does someone like Montez Sweat who is still sitting there start looking like the better option?

    I realize that ‘what if’ is kind of pointless, but are you fine with letting Brown sit an entire season if it came to that to more protect an asset because what’s already done is done, or because he’s that good and he’s the right pick regardless? That’s really what I’m trying to gauge.
    I'm willing to wait because what's done is done.

    Like I said before, although Hollywood was tied with Issabella as my #2 WR prospect but I didn't have him on my draft board.

    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    2019 WR Draft Class:

    AJ Brown -42
    Marquise Brown-38*
    Andy Issabella -38
    Hakeem Butler-37



    Miles Boykin -37
    Kelvin Harmon -36
    Emanuel Hall - 36


    Terry McLaurin-35
    Deebo Samuel- 35
    JJ Cege-White-35
    Parris Campbell-34
    N'Keal Harry -34


    R. Ridley -33
    DK Metcalf -33*
    Stanley Morgan-29


    Jaylen Smith - 28

    *Too scared because of injury

    Deep Threat:

    Hakeem Butler-37
    Emanuel Hall - 36
    Terry McLaurin-35
    Miles Boykin -37
    Andy Issabella -38






  9. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Harford Cnty , MD
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, the Ravens get a do over with their first pick knowing that before drafting Brown that he would not play a single snap the entire 2019 season. Is he that special of a talent that you still draft him anyway, or does someone like Montez Sweat who is still sitting there start looking like the better option?

    I realize that ‘what if’ is kind of pointless, but are you fine with letting Brown sit an entire season if it came to that to more protect an asset because what’s already done is done, or because he’s that good and he’s the right pick regardless? That’s really what I’m trying to gauge.
    Not my question but here’s my two cents .....I think it’s both. What’s done is definitely done but I also think Hollywood is that good. I think it played out that he was EDCs #1 Wr and had we had a 2nd rounder he may have played it different ..but he wanted a talented WR and Hollywood is that. If he cost us one year as a “redshirt” and then has 4 great yrs ...no one will question the pick. But that’s it. That’s the rub. We as Ravens fans are scared of first round WRs and add to it this one is hurt before we get him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  10. #106

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    no he wont





  11. #107

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    no





  12. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    35,483
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbeajerk View Post
    no
    Is that your final answer?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site