Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Sorry I got a little sensitive. The dude that started it all was a someone who I couldn't stand
    I'm trying to be more mellow, and appreciate the gray and focus less on the black and white. I tend to see things as an either or and that's not compatible with real life. Age and life events and growing up and what not

Sorry I got a little sensitive. The dude that started it all was a someone who I couldn't stand
    I learnt my lesson with that one.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I still would like INDIVIDUAL healing times and genetics to be factored into these things when folks start discussing how long and injury SHOULD take. The truth is that it really is unknown and the time frames we see thrown around are best guesses based on previous occurrences. Sizzle and SSR both come to mind as "freak of nature" type athletes whose bodies seem to heal better/faster than the norm. Pain tolerance probably has a ton to do with that as well.

Blog Entries

One issue with WRs and lisfranc is their responsibility in route running. There's a lot of starting and stopping. There's a lot of cutting, compared to other positions. What happens is that if you can't put enough pressure on that foot, you start to favor putting pressure on your heel. That overworks the back areas of the leg. Then, you start talking about the dreaded achilles. So, you really need to take your time with a lisfranc injury. Foot injuries period. Jonathan Ogden was a First Ballot Hall of Famer and it was a big toe injury that got him in the end.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Personally, if Hollywood doesn't contribute at all this year and the can is kicked down to 2020, I'm already calling him a bad pick. IMO, you don't spend first round picks on players that can't come in and contribute. Not worth it. And I'm so sick of the way we just slowly lose more and more time to injury. He'll be ready by week X, now week Y, now week Z, now next year. I just get so annoyed with it. The constant pushing back of the timeline.
    I see what your saying Shrubbs, but a few weeks out of a potential great career to be sure is not a terrible thing. As it was said earlier. We wouldn't have him if he was fully healthy.

We also get to possibly find out what we have with a couple of the younger receivers not so high in draft status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What happens is that if you can't put enough pressure on that foot, you start to favor putting pressure on your heel. That overworks the back areas of the leg. Then, you start talking about the dreaded achilles.
    An Achilles rupture is a pretty extreme event. I think that would be unlikely.

But hamstring pulls and calf strains, those are definitely on the table.

Having said all that -- we're kind of working ourselves into a tizzy, over basically nothing, I read a little about Lisfrancs this afternoon.* At the milder end of the spectrum, treatment is just six weeks without bearing weight. Marquise had his surgery six months ago (on Jan 8).

So I mean, I'm being a little hypocritical there: the fact that Marquise even had surgery means it wasn't the very mildest form of Lisfranc. But that doesn't mean it was the most severe, either. We've all seen pics of Marquise walking around OTAs or minicamp, dicking around with a Jugs machine or whatever. He's been out of a walking boot for a long time; I think well before the draft. DeCosta said on day 1 of the draft that they'd seen results of different physicals; and footage of him doing rehab. That was three months ago. He said their conservative estimate was that he'd be ready for the start of TC.

If start of TC is "conservative", then that means start of season is likely.

I'd like the Ravens to be cautious with Marquise. Start him off slowly in camp; maybe just individual drills or whatever for the first week. Maybe keep him on a snap count for the first ~third of the season. Ramp him up over time. All of that makes sense to me.

But I'm not gonna just assume that Marquise is "behind schedule", or not on pace to be ready week one, or anything like that. We just haven't heard a thing that would indicate that. It's one thing to manage expectations about how much of a contributor he'll be as a rookie; it's another to jump to the conclusion that he's gonna miss camp.

Dammit, when the hell does Training Camp start, again??

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Dammit, when the hell does Training Camp start, again??
    Next Thursday my dog!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I have no idea how severe his injury was I was just curious.

I have no idea how severe his injury was I was just curious.
    Yeah; we all are!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I looked at some pics of that type of injury, after our exchange about it. It's not what I thought! I had pictured a simple break of one or more metatarsals. This is more like a full displacement of metatarsals from where they are supposed to attach to the higher/larger bones of the foot. Looks awful.

So, I guess "severity" consists of whether the distance of deviation is "small"? Or if only one or two metatarsals to be involved, rather than the whole mid-foot?

Here's one link:

I can see why the Ravens might be confident about Marquise, if the injury looks more like the image on the left, rather than that unholy mess on the right.
    I'm sure the Ravens did their homework on this and triple checked after the Perriman fiasco. At least, let's hope so.

He needs to get the time in with Lamar so I hope he'll be ready soon. One thing that worries me is his skillset is really similar to John Brown and him and Lamar couldn't get on the same page at all last season. I think Marquise is more talented than Brown but they need to get the chemistry going because so far Lamar seems to prefer guys with bigger catch radius like the tight ends and Snead.

Don’t think its the catch radius, Lamar just sees there middle of the field better and is more accurate throwing inside the hash marks, hopefully that changes this year or teams will crowd the middle with no help over the top of the corners, with safties
    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    He needs to get the time in with Lamar so I hope he'll be ready soon. One thing that worries me is his skillset is really similar to John Brown and him and Lamar couldn't get on the same page at all last season. I think Marquise is more talented than Brown but they need to get the chemistry going because so far Lamar seems to prefer guys with bigger catch radius like the tight ends and Snead.