Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I definitely agree with you all that, though it’s frustrating, I don’t want Hollywood on the field before he’s ready. At this point, the pick is made. Hollywood is a Raven. So rushing him back is just a sunk cost fallacy. Now that we’ve made the kid a Raven we have to make sure he can contribute to the team as much as possible, and if that means resting him for part or even all of the year, so be it.

My issue is you shouldn’t use your first round pick on a player that is unable to come in and help the team immediately if you can help it. It’s so important to have big time players on rookie deals to allow your team to perform above the salary cap. And I believe there were players I had a first round grade on that were available that could come in and contribute day 1 (McCoy, Ford, etc).

Like I said the pick is made, and they need to be smart so as not to make this injury worse. It’s just a little frustrating that they picked a player in the 1st who was injured prior to the draft and we’re already talking about potentially pushing back the timetable further.
    There were a bunch of other receivers all considered by most to be around the same grade. They could have taken one of them so they they absolutely didn't have to take Brown even if they were targeting receivers. However for the Ravens to take Brown coming off this injury they must have thought that he wasn't the same grade as the others. They must have had him way ahead. Only time is going to tell if they were right. It's the first draft for DeCosta so we don't need to saddle him with Ozzie's inability to draft the position. We'll see in a couple of seasons if this was all the right move. I do tend to agree with what you're posting though but it's just too early to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    It’s just a little frustrating that they picked a player in the 1st who was injured prior to the draft and we’re already talking about potentially pushing back the timetable further.
    Well: it is just us talking about Marquise starting the season on PUP. This thread is hypothetical. The team is saying they expect him to be full go at training camp.

Fine with me if they start him on individual drills, and hold him out of full-team stuff for the first week or so of camp. Sit him for the first preseason game or two. Ramp him up over time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Well: it is just us talking about Marquise starting the season on PUP. This thread is hypothetical. The team is saying they expect him to be full go at training camp.

Fine with me if they start him on individual drills, and hold him out of full-team stuff for the first week or so of camp. Sit him for the first preseason game or two. Ramp him up over time.
    That would be better than PUP. At least that way he practice once he's able to. Rookies need practice. Sitting in meetings and doing PT doesn't make you a player.

I'd like to see pictures of his list franc injury and repair to gauge how severe it was

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I'd like to see pictures of his list franc injury and repair to gauge how severe it was
    X-rays? Do you have some radiology background? I personally would need some education to understand what I was looking at (if they made them available).

But yeah, I guess even I would be able to tell the difference between say a displaced fracture vs a hairline.

X-rays? Do you have some radiology background? I personally would need some education to understand what I was looking at (if they made them available).

But yeah, I guess even I would be able to tell the difference between say a displaced fracture vs a hairline.
    I worked in radiation oncology for 5 years and work in orthopedics for the past 3 months.

I've only seen 2 list franc injuries in person. And only in the OR for one though

I worked in radiation oncology for 5 years and work in orthopedics for the past 3 months.

I've only seen 2 list franc injuries in person. And only in the OR for one though
    Carry on.

And then explain it to the rest of us! Please.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That would be better than PUP. At least that way he practice once he's able to. Rookies need practice. Sitting in meetings and doing PT doesn't make you a player.
    This is my concern too. Not to mention for a guy that will run a lot of deeper routes and comeback routes he needs to be working on his timing with Lamar and building that rapport.

Some thoughts on the draft:
    - R2 seemed like the sweet spot for WR in terms of value. Only Brown and Harry were taken in R1.
    - R2 WR's: Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Mecole Hardman (Wtf), JJAW, Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, DK Metcalf (7/32 picks).
    - I assume EDC didn't want to trade out of the 22 spot all the way to R2.
    - He did however seem to think 22 wasn't the right spot which is why they did 1 trade back and picked up 127 (Iman Marshall) and 197 (Trace McSorley)
    - I personally had Brown as my WR4 (AJ Brown, JJAW and N'Keal Harry were ahead of him).
    - I agree with GOTA though. Clearly the Ravens had him #1 given he was first off the board.

So all of that, I do feel like they felt they had to go WR with their first pick, similar to going TE with thier first pick, but I think that was a symptom of not having a 2nd roudn pick where a lot of the good value was. EDC also probably didnt' want to trade all the way into R2. So take your #1 WR after a trade back.

We'll find out in 2022-2023 seasons if it was the right move. If he comes back and is healthy then he's a hell of a player. If he continues to have foot problems, well then god damnit.

I thnk we went with a high risk, but huge upside pick given all fo the things Brown can do as a pro. A coupel of other guys were just a little less upside, btu safer picks.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Carry on.

And then explain it to the rest of us! Please.
    Depends on severity, but repair consists of basically shoving a bunch of pins through the phalanges and metatarsals. And then protected weight bearing for varying amounts of time

Depends on severity, but repair consists of basically shoving a bunch of pins through the phalanges and metatarsals. And then protected weight bearing for varying amounts of time
    I looked at some pics of that type of injury, after our exchange about it. It's not what I thought! I had pictured a simple break of one or more metatarsals. This is more like a full displacement of metatarsals from where they are supposed to attach to the higher/larger bones of the foot. Looks awful.

So, I guess "severity" consists of whether the distance of deviation is "small"? Or if only one or two metatarsals to be involved, rather than the whole mid-foot?

Here's one link:

Injuries can vary, from a simple injury that affects only a single joint to a complex injury that disrupts multiple different joints and includes multiple fractures.
    I can see why the Ravens might be confident about Marquise, if the injury looks more like the image on the left, rather than that unholy mess on the right.

Hbg - remember when I called you out for not being in the medical field and you shut my ass up?

#Memories
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Hbg - remember when I called you out for not being in the medical field and you shut my ass up?

#Memories
    Sorry I got a little sensitive. The dude that started it all was a someone who I couldn't stand