Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

If you follow Hollywood on IG, he posted a lot of videos yesterday. Definitely looks like he's close!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

More pics from his IG page

Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    More pics from his IG page

This is great news!!

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    He needs to get the time in with Lamar so I hope he'll be ready soon. One thing that worries me is his skillset is really similar to John Brown and him and Lamar couldn't get on the same page at all last season. I think Marquise is more talented than Brown but they need to get the chemistry going because so far Lamar seems to prefer guys with bigger catch radius like the tight ends and Snead.
    Don't think this is actually true. They are both smaller wide receivers. They are both fast. But that's about it when it comes to similarities. John Brown is a burner with straight line, long speed. He is best utilized on vertical routes or a crossing type route where he can flat out run whoever is trying to cover him. He works best with a QB that he can get his timing right with. He can be thrown the ball before he is open and just beat a defender to the spot where it's thrown. Hollywood is more of a quick-twitch elusive type. He's a burner too, but he excels at making a guy miss or putting on a few moves that change angles and force tacklers to be indecisive. Curls, comebacks...hell, maybe after 20+ years of trying he can finally be the WR that can actually execute the Ravens patented "wr reverse end around". Come on...you know you all LOVE that play!

If you follow Hollywood on IG, he posted a lot of videos yesterday. Definitely looks like he's close!!
    No video?!?

So much for our #1 pick. Can't even do IG right.

6. Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    No video?!?

So much for our #1 pick. Can't even do IG right.
    The pictures I posted are screen shots from his videos. He posted about 10 videos in his IG stories. Maybe its you who can't do IG right. IJS

Working out, especially with weights is great to see.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Steve Smith Sr. was also 5’9” but his listed playing weight was 195. I really hope Brown’s NFL body turns into at least 20 more pounds of muscle. Don’t know if it actually matters, but he looks really small and undefined right now.

Maybe its you who can't do IG right. IJS
    Oh I definitely can't. I don't even have a membership

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I really hope Brown’s NFL body turns into at least 20 more pounds of muscle. Don’t know if it actually matters, but he looks really small and undefined right now.
    He just turned 22 last month. He'll pack on a bit of beef over the next couple of offseasons in the Ravens training program.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Steve Smith Sr. was also 5’9” but his listed playing weight was 195. I really hope Brown’s NFL body turns into at least 20 more pounds of muscle. Don’t know if it actually matters, but he looks really small and undefined right now.
    You never know but Brown sure doesn't look like someone able to carry that kind of weight. His build is very slight. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't keen on drafting him. Physically Brown reminds me of Dante Hall. Hall tried to put on weight at the end of his career and it killed what made him special. Steve Smith was a physical receiver and Brown was very much a finesse guy in college. That kind of weight might not help his game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You never know but Brown sure doesn't look like someone able to carry that kind of weight. His build is very slight. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't keen on drafting him. Physically Brown reminds me of Dante Hall. Hall tried to put on weight at the end of his career and it killed what made him special. Steve Smith was a physical receiver and Brown was very much a finesse guy in college. That kind of weight might not help his game.
    Sr was definitely a rarity at his size to still be as physical as he was. He was always a little thicker than others his height but it matched hit style. Brown's game is not the same.

Brown is definitely more finesse along the lines of Desean Jackson and relying heavily on his quickness and speed. Desean Id say has even been somewhat rare compared to other sub 185lb WRs as far as health. Hes missed some games but nearly as many as similar players, which is a concern with Brown going forward.

I dont know if he can find a happy medium where hes still exception in those areas but able to prevent injuries more. Id like him to gain for that reason, but im not sure how itll effect his ability to win matchups in the NFL.
    -JAB