Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 100
  1. #1

    Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Sorry for being a downer, but something tells me he might start the season on the PUP.

    No one is hoping I'm wrong more than me, but just a gut feeling.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk





  2. #2

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    I sure hope so, but I feel like they'll play it safe.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    11,348

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

    At the very least, they should manage his snaps over the first ~month of the season. If he is slightly favoring the foot, that could turn into halmstring or calf strain issues.

    I'd rather have Marquise in Nov-Dec-Jan, than in Sept. I mean, if I had to choose.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    I go the other route....I actually hope he does start the season on PUP. I want him fully healthy and badgering the coaches to let him on the field as opposed to him being 80% and the coaches badgering him to suck it up. I'd rather the offense get through the early tough sledding and work out it's kinks and then just when there is enough film out there for opposing coaches to have it figured out, Hollywood hits the field and changes the whole dynamic. Probably likely that by Week 6, one or more of the receiving options will be a little dinged up and an infusion of fresh blood will be great.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    26,065

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    While it's really really awful to have another injured 1st round WR, I would rather they play this super cautious.

    It'll suck and I'll have to read bevis and butthead post abotu how he's a bust, but it's worth it. Play the long term on this one.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  6. #6

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    While it's really really awful to have another injured 1st round WR, I would rather they play this super cautious.

    It'll suck and I'll have to read bevis and butthead post abotu how he's a bust, but it's worth it. Play the long term on this one.
    The issue is if he doesn't get a camp in, it's very unlikely he'll put up real numbers until year 2, the tail end of year 1 at the earliest. Just sort of sucks that we can't have an immediate contributor.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    26,065

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The issue is if he doesn't get a camp in, it's very unlikely he'll put up real numbers until year 2, the tail end of year 1 at the earliest. Just sort of sucks that we can't have an immediate contributor.
    100%, but they knew that when they drafted him. It's one of the reasons people were not happy with the choice and I completely get that aspect of it.

    Not to mention the potential arthritis issues that can come from lisfranc.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    8,473
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    I think the org will get absolutely pummeled by media and fans alike if he starts the season on PUP after what happened with Perriman and Hurst, but I also don't think they'll care.

    Playing him before he's ready could potentially just lead to more complications and could actually turn it into a Perriman redux. They have Andrews, they have Hurst, they have Snead, and FFS they aren't going to be throwing the ball all over the place anyway. They'll be fine if he misses some of the early season. I mean - they may end up not being very good, but if that happens it's not going to be because they are missing Hollywood.
    Twitter: @3nd0worm

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    26,065

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think the org will get absolutely pummeled by media and fans alike if he starts the season on PUP after what happened with Perriman and Hurst, but I also don't think they'll care.

    Playing him before he's ready could potentially just lead to more complications and could actually turn it into a Perriman redux. They have Andrews, they have Hurst, they have Snead, and FFS they aren't going to be throwing the ball all over the place anyway. They'll be fine if he misses some of the early season. I mean - they may end up not being very good, but if that happens it's not going to be because they are missing Hollywood.
    If they got him on the field agaisnt the medical advice just to appease beavis and butthead, I would be absolutely livid.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  10. #10

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If they got him on the field agaisnt the medical advice just to appease beavis and butthead, I would be absolutely livid.
    Would they ever admit playing him before he was cleared? I highly doubt it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    8,473
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If they got him on the field agaisnt the medical advice just to appease beavis and butthead, I would be absolutely livid.
    Yeah, I mean, I'd be lying if I said him not being ready to start the season wasn't a bad look for a franchise that has gotten little to nothing from recent first round pass catchers, but I'm not going to be on here blasting them if it happens. I just know that people will be, especially on the radio. But that's just noise anyway, as the Ravens say.

    You want the guy to produce for the next 10 years, not just this year.
    Twitter: @3nd0worm

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    26,065

    Re: Will Hollywood be ready for TC

    Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Would they ever admit playing him before he was cleared? I highly doubt it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Definitely not. But if he came back for TC and did what Jim said above and hurt his other foot because he's overcompensating (Similar to what happened with BP when he hurt his ACL in the other knee), i think it'll speak for itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I'd be lying if I said him not being ready to start the season wasn't a bad look for a franchise that has gotten little to nothing from recent first round pass catchers, but I'm not going to be on here blasting them if it happens. I just know that people will be, especially on the radio. But that's just noise anyway, as the Ravens say.

    You want the guy to produce for the next 10 years, not just this year.
    I feel you. That's why they Beavis & Butthead ;)
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site