Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ronda Rousey, from 2015 talks about equal pay for women

Re: Ronda Rousey, from 2015 talks about equal pay for women

She’s 100% correct...

With the women’s soccer team “equal pay bullshit”...they generated something like $100 million in revenue whereas the men’s team generated roughly $4 - $6 billion.

Common sense takes a backseat to dogma.

I don’t know about how much each national team generates but based purely as a fan...either pay the men less or pay the women more. The women’s team is now 4 x Champs. The men’s team barley even qualified. They are horrible. Why not pay the team that actually brings respect and wins to us ? Shit ...let the women compete against the men’s team. I don’t doubt they’d lose horribly.

As far as generating money ...the women need a better PR firm. There’s no way more Americans watch the men’s team than the women’s. As a whole the men’s tournament makes more money and draws more viewers but not our team. The women are just the opposite. Americans tune in to watch the girls play because they are actually good. The girls games are better to watch for us. Pay them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I don’t know about how much each national team generates but based purely as a fan...either pay the men less or pay the women more. The women’s team is now 4 x Champs. The men’s team barley even qualified. They are horrible. Why not pay the team that actually brings respect and wins to us ? Shit ...let the women compete against the men’s team. I don’t doubt they’d lose horribly.

As far as generating money ...the women need a better PR firm. There’s no way more Americans watch the men’s team than the women’s. As a whole the men’s tournament makes more money and draws more viewers but not our team. The women are just the opposite. Americans tune in to watch the girls play because they are actually good. The girls games are better to watch for us. Pay them.

The women’s national team lost to 15 year old boys.
    The women’s actually get a larger percentage than the men. It’s iust that men’s soccer generates soooo much more money.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The women’s actually get a larger percentage than the men. It’s iust that men’s soccer generates soooo much more money.
    I’ll agree with that. But our men’s team is trash. Period. They don’t deserve to get paid. Produce a winning team and we’ll pay you. I can watch better soccer at my kids high school.

i made a lifetime (50 years) bet with my buddy that US mens team wont win a world cup in the next 50 years. i still feel great about the bet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yup.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I’ll agree with that. But our men’s team is trash. Period. They don’t deserve to get paid. Produce a winning team and we’ll pay you. I can watch better soccer at my kids high school.

Considering the men only make money on bonuses, I think addresses your point

Blog Entries

That's not how the entertainment business works. Looks at ticketmaster for the men's DC United at Audi Field. All the good seats are gone, in fact, most of the seats are gone. Now look at the women's Washington Spirit versus the Orlando Pride in August at Audi Field. The Pride have some really popular players like Alex Morgan. But the upper deck appears to be shutdown and many tickets still remain - even after some of these players won the World Cup. It's simple economics of supply and demand. The women could win 10 World Cups in a row and the men could never qualify and the pay won't change unless they drawl more people. Alienating half the country with the Anthem/Trump BS doesn't help sell tickets. Yes, they have freedom of speech and they can do what they want, but so can the ticket buying public. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    That's not how the entertainment business works. Looks at ticketmaster for the men's DC United at Audi Field. All the good seats are gone, in fact, most of the seats are gone. Now look at the women's Washington Spirit versus the Orlando Pride in August at Audi Field. The Pride have some really popular players like Alex Morgan. But the upper deck appears to be shutdown and many tickets still remain - even after some of these players won the World Cup. It's simple economics of supply and demand. The women could win 10 World Cups in a row and the men could never qualify and the pay won't change unless they drawl more people. Alienating half the country with the Anthem/Trump BS doesn't help sell tickets. Yes, they have freedom of speech and they can do what they want, but so can the ticket buying public. Just saying...
    I agree with the economic side. That’s why I said only for the World Cup teams. No one watches women’s pro sports. But the World Cup is like the Olympics ...everyone has a routing interest . When they compete for World Cup I think the Women should be paid as much as the men. The draw in Men’s World Cup isn’t the US team. It is in Women’s.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i made a lifetime (50 years) bet with my buddy that US mens team wont win a world cup in the next 50 years. i still feel great about the bet
    Haha! Safest bet you ever made! I fully agree with you! (Hell was due for a cold front 😉)

I agree with the economic side. That’s why I said only for the World Cup teams. No one watches women’s pro sports. But the World Cup is like the Olympics ...everyone has a routing interest . When they compete for World Cup I think the Women should be paid as much as the men. The draw in Men’s World Cup isn’t the US team. It is in Women’s.

Where are they going to get the money? Their World Cup salary is based on a combo of FIFA International and USW. I agree the men suck. But the only way these women will make more is by the men giving them their paychecks as donations. Otherwise you’d bankrupt women’s soccer.