Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Top 3 Guys You're Watching in Camp/Preseason

Camp is coming up! Who are you guys most excited about watching. Here's my list of 3:

1) Justice Hill: It will be really exciting to see what the rookie can do in preseason and camp! If he really is a huge speed threat and burns the opposing players all day in preseason, I'll be really excited. He seems like he's got the juice, but I can't wait to actually see it.

2) DeShon Elliot: I want to believe the hype so badly, I just want to see it on the field. If he's really making plays, and doesn't get injured in preseason again, it's another jewel in our embarrassment of riches in the secondary

3) Patrick Ricard: Though I'm unconvinced Ricard would make the team, I just thought he was so much fun to watch in preseason last year. I remember him being absolutely dominant on the Defensive line last year, and weirdly a focal point of our preseason offense. I will never forget when he ran that wheel route. If he's as fun to watch this year, I'm happy.

There are obviously a ton of players that we're anticipating seeing in camp/preseason. It's a chance for the rookies and depth guys to show how much they can do. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Re: Top 3 Guys You're Watching in Camp/Preseason

You know the given: Lamar. So I won't include him. Wobbly, tight spirals, fingering. Oh my gosh that'll be back. But here are my 3 on offense and 3 on defense.

Offense:
    1. Ben Powers. I want him to take the LG spot. Just take it.
    2. Bradley Bozeman. I want him to take the center position. He may not be very athletic but he's had success in college at the center position. He's played center for mobile QBs (Hurd, Tua).
    3. Lasley/J. Scott. I'd rather these two make it over Seth Roberts and Floyd. Time to solidify the WR position.

Defense:
    1. Tim Williams. He's crucial. He must take the next step.
    2. Shane Ray. I think he will be a surprise for us and break out.
    3. Deshon Elliott. This kid is a star in the making.

Special teams:
    1. Who will be our KR/PR?
    2. Kaare Vedvik. Had a rough OTAs. Must rebound with a strong camp so we can trade him.
    3. Who will be our KR/PR?

1. Lamar
    2. Lamar
    3. Lamar

But beyond that:

• Boykin
    • Shane Ray
    • Eleumenor

Hon mention to Jaleel Scott. If the reports of him dramatically improving are for real, then things could get interesting.

To be honest, I'm also real curious about Daylon Mack. And Zach Sieler.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    You know the given: Lamar. So I won't include him. Wobbly, tight spirals, fingering. Oh my gosh that'll be back.
    I didn't include Lamar because he's not really going to have a ton of playing time in the preseason. But he's the #1 guy I want to get my eyes on in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    1. Lamar
    2. Lamar
    3. Lamar

Who needs presidential debates around here? Lamar will keep us busy enough in debates.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Who needs presidential debates around here? Lamar will keep us busy enough in debates.
    Honestly, I think he's going to settle that shit pretty quickly this season. Debate over early.
    (Until the playoffs, anyway.)

Offense:
    Lamar, Hollywood, Hayden Hurst

Defense:
    Chris Board, Elliot, Tim Williams

1) London - I really want to see what he looks like at OG. Thought he really improved as an OT last year.

2) Tim Williams - Is this the year he finally breaks out? Or is he just another 3rd round dud?

3) Jaleel Scott - A lot of guys saying he looked sigifincantly improved. Lets see it Scott.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Honestly, I think he's going to settle that shit pretty quickly this season. Debate over early.
    (Until the playoffs, anyway.)
    Yeah. I agree.

Blog Entries

Mostly just Lamar. I want to see him run the vanilla PS offense well, complete a good % of his passes, be accurate and on time with the ball, show that he has good control of the offense. If I have to pick two others, Hollywood and Hill.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Scott is a super interesting choice. It would be awesome if he contributes. But no matter what he does this preseason, I can't really see him making an impact in game until next season. Maybe situational roles, but I feel like Snead, hopefully Hollywood, Roberts, and Moore will already be on the field close to 100% of the time. I suppose as things go on Boykin and Scott could start eating into Roberts' and Moore's snaps.

Honestly I don't know how they'll use WRs though what do I know.

Gonna break the "rule" and say more than 3

For me it starts with 3 position battles more so than specific players:

LG: Eluemunor/Powers/Hurst. I really don't like Lewis to keep a spot, and I'm more inclined to see Bozeman push for C so I left him off.

Last RB spot: Dixon/Turner/possible surprise UDFA. Hill and Ingram are locks, I'm assuming Edwards as well as a different style back to the others, and I imagine they'll carry 4 RBs.

Will LB: Board/Young. This is self explanatory. I am honestly not really worried about this one as much, because I think they'll rotate a lot regardless, but curious just to see how much one/both improved.

Specific players I'm curious in:

Elliott: I am fully on board the Deshon train and have been since last year's draft, and want to see it play out.
    Averett (and less so Marshall): Kind of a ditto. There's a very likely scenario that Jimmy Smith is gone next year, and I want to see if Averett is up for filling in. Marshall seems to be more of Jimmy in his size/style of play, but I'm higher on Averett right now.
    Daylon Mack: I really liked some of his tape, particularly his get off speed, and want to see how he does against NFL competition.
    McPhee: I am of the opinion he has a lot in the tank, and think Wink will use him well. Want to see if this is true.
    Hayden Hurst: I was extremely high on him coming out of the draft, and was super disappointed he was setback by the foot injury. Want to see that that's all in the past.

Other:

Will Boykin/Brown be healthy in time to make an impact?
    Who fills the last WR spot(s)