Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Top 3 Guys You're Watching in Camp/Preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Camp is coming up! Who are you guys most excited about watching. Here's my list of 3:

1) Justice Hill: It will be really exciting to see what the rookie can do in preseason and camp! If he really is a huge speed threat and burns the opposing players all day in preseason, I'll be really excited. He seems like he's got the juice, but I can't wait to actually see it.

2) DeShon Elliot: I want to believe the hype so badly, I just want to see it on the field. If he's really making plays, and doesn't get injured in preseason again, it's another jewel in our embarrassment of riches in the secondary

3) Patrick Ricard: Though I'm unconvinced Ricard would make the team, I just thought he was so much fun to watch in preseason last year. I remember him being absolutely dominant on the Defensive line last year, and weirdly a focal point of our preseason offense. I will never forget when he ran that wheel route. If he's as fun to watch this year, I'm happy.

There are obviously a ton of players that we're anticipating seeing in camp/preseason. It's a chance for the rookies and depth guys to show how much they can do. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
    Ricard is done here. Stated numerous times, he never played a game again after his controversial tweets were exposed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Top 3 Guys You're Watching in Camp/Preseason

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Ricard is done here. Stated numerous times, he never played a game again after his controversial tweets were exposed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I know, I said as much. I just had so much fun watching him in preseason last year, assuming the coaches actually give him playing time I would expect the same. And why wouldn't they have cut him by now if he wasn't even going to get PT in preseason?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

1. Hollywood: I want to see if he's healthy.
    2. Jaylon Ferguson: I want to see a consistent motor.
    3. Shane Ray: Hopefully he's motivated and hungry.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

First I’m looking for scheme differences...but they prolly won’t show much

Lamar of course, but he’s on everyone’s list....

o Michael Pierce -will his weight be an issue

o Pass Rushers -how does this group look compared to last year’s group

o Hollywood and Boykins -are they healthy and picking up the offense quickly enough to contribute

Center - whoever the hell it winds up being. Would like to see Bozeman given a legit shot at winning the job.

Shane Ray - lots to prove after the way things went down in Denver. If wrist is finally healthy, he should flash often during preseason.

KR/PR - feel like we have been missing a game-breaker since Jacoby took that bottle to the head from Peaches on the McKinnie Party Bus.

Bonus - Deshone Elliot - the VASTLY underrated safety that is going to make us all forget about Earl Thomas in 2 years!

...yes that was meant to be sarcastic, but I am actually looking forward to seeing him and Chuck Clark duel to be the primary backup.

Rygar - we're fighting.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Shane Ray - lots to prove after the way things went down in Denver. If wrist is finally healthy, he should flash often during preseason.
    To me, Ray could be the difference between us being "merely" a very good defense again, and being an elite defense. If Ray is back to his 8+ sack level of a few years ago, that's a HUGE add.

Lamar Jackson is #1, no wait, I lied, he's #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. But as far as other guys:

1) Shane Ray - We need someone opposite Judon to get after the QB. If he's recovered from his wrist injury, he's an edge rusher who has shown the ability to perform at a high level. Ferguson will have a rookie learning curve, McPhee is on the back-end of his career and better used as an inside rusher, and Williams/Bowser are little more than tantalizing prospects.

2) Michael Pierce - When we missed on Gerald McCoy, I was disappointed, but I figured, hey, we've still got a solid DL. Then Pierce shows up badly out-of-shape. In a contract year, no less. With the loss of Mosley, I think we are going to need our run-stuffing DL operating at its best. Hopefully Pierce has been working diligently this whole time and keep working through TC and into the season.

3) Wide Receivers - Just too many storylines to pick one guy. Snead is the only WR I actually trust. Moore has to show he can perform consistently, not just special teams and spot duty. Brown has to show he's all the way back from the Lisfranc. Boykin has measureables, but needs to show significant development. Roberts and Floyd have to show they've still got something in the tank. Scott, Modester, and Wesley have to build on their positive hype from OTAs to make the team. And Lasley, Adeboyejo, and Smith have to show they are worthy of making the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Rygar - we're fighting.

Don't make me go bump that thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

Don't make me go bump that thread!!!
    What so we can all see that shrubs and NJ can’t read! BUMP IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I’d say Lamar but how much is he gonna play ? The “new “ offense? Not gonna see a lot of it. Soo. Gotta say Defense guys.

Elliot. Ray and maybe McPhee? Can we get a pass rush w/o blitzing?

Mostly scheme questions and we’re not gonna see that till week one. I think after PS and TC we as fans won’t know anymore than we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harbaugh
    roman
    LJ