Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is it me, or is Rapinoe insanely unlikable?

Plus, you know...it’s soccer.

#yawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Here's a coach that loves the flag and country and others who don't.

https://youtu.be/8tZe0Fn0Szc

Blog Entries

Here is a big step up in character, looks, class and no politics in her acceptance speech at the ESPY's. Thank you.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/11/a...thlete-speech/

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Maybe I heard it wrong, but I remember her saying (paraphrase) "there's no fucking way I'm going to the white house!"

Not "there's no fucking way this team is going to the white house"

Seems like she's speaking for herself, not on anyone else's behalf
    And you think that doesn’t put strain now on team members that might have wanted to? Are you seriously the least empathetic person in the world with zero ability to look at anything from any angle. Have you ever been a part of a team before? I have, and we had to deal with press. You are coached for months not to say stupid crap like this. Why? Because it is directly affecting your teammates and being disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    And you think that doesn’t put strain now on team members that might have wanted to? Are you seriously the least empathetic person in the world with zero ability to look at anything from any angle. Have you ever been a part of a team before? I have, and we had to deal with press. You are coached for months not to say stupid crap like this. Why? Because it is directly affecting your teammates and being disrespectful.
    Thanks for the ad hominem attacks, that's really getting through to me!

I answered your question, I wouldn't want you to speak on my behalf and she didn't speak on her teams behalf. If Trump doesn't allow the rest of the team to go due to what she said, I believe that's him being a bit of a baby about it, hope it doesn't go that way.

Yes, I've played on sportsball teams (Basket, Base, foot, & LAX). Never one that was invited to the White House though or really dealt with the press in anyway. It was in HS and some rec leagues. So I guess I just don't have the same POV as you on this one.

Sorry I made you upset bro, no hard feelings. I still don't dislike Rapinoe though.

Blog Entries

How long will it be till the term "women's" and "men's" soccer offends someone because they feel there is no difference in genders? It's already happened in California on birth certificates. As far as the soccer team, the only reason they are still being covered in the news almost a week later after winning the championship is that Rapinoe attacked Trump, which, in this country, makes you an instant star. They now want her to run for President. Same thing happened to Michael Avenatti. Only in America.

I answered your question, I wouldn't want you to speak on my behalf and she didn't speak on her teams behalf. If Trump doesn't allow the rest of the team to go due to what she said, I believe that's him being a bit of a baby about it, hope it doesn't go that way.

Yes, I've played on sportsball teams (Basket, Base, foot, & LAX). Never one that was invited to the White House though or really dealt with the press in anyway. It was in HS and some rec leagues. So I guess I just don't have the same POV as you on this one.

Sorry I made you upset bro, no hard feelings. I still don't dislike Rapinoe though.
    I’m not upset but I am pointing out that your viewpoint lacks empathy for her teammates. Her saying what she said is what wouldn’t make Trump at fault. Would you invite a buddy to dinner if his wife said “F him! I’d never go to his F’ing house!!” I’d probably retract that offer. On top of which her big issues is that Trump “marginalizes the LGBTVQRSTUV... (etc.) community” and that he “oppressed women”. I cannot think of one instance of him doing either one of those in general terms. I’ve seen him call out individuals that happen to be women. The gay thing is wholly contrived. I’ve never heard one stable argument about why he’s anti-gay.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I’m not upset but I am pointing out that your viewpoint lacks empathy for her teammates. Her saying what she said is what wouldn’t make Trump at fault. Would you invite a buddy to dinner if his wife said “F him! I’d never go to his F’ing house!!” I’d probably retract that offer. On top of which her big issues is that Trump “marginalizes the LGBTVQRSTUV... (etc.) community” and that he “oppressed women”. I cannot think of one instance of him doing either one of those in general terms. I’ve seen him call out individuals that happen to be women. The gay thing is wholly contrived. I’ve never heard one stable argument about why he’s anti-gay.
    Bolded point: He's the President and should be bigger (bigly, lol) than all of this. She already said she's not going, so he should keep the invite open and let who wants to show up in. If he doesn't he is acting like an oversensitive baby.

I agree that I haven't really seen any evidence of marginalizing the LGBTQmmunity, although I'm not part of that community either, so I may have missed something.

"Oppress Women" is a strong term, but I can fully understand women being apprehensive of Mr. "Grab'em by the pussy".

Who knew CJ was a LaxBro!? I knew I liked you !

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Who knew CJ was a LaxBro!? I knew I liked you !

Crease D!

Get in that guys way and blow him up if he tries to pass you, lol.

Crease D!

Get in that guys way and blow him up if he tries to pass you, lol.
    Hell yeah. Me and my son played close D also. He played a lot of long stick midfield in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hell yeah. Me and my son played close D also. He played a lot of long stick midfield in college.

I wasn't that good at any of the sports I played, so def. didn't make it to college, lol

Had the most fun playing Lax over any of the other sports though.

LAX
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Football - Love the game, hated playing it though.