Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is it me, or is Rapinoe insanely unlikable?

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Must have missed this, I have not heard her disrespect or diminish the work of her teammates. When did this happen?
    Also, still waiting to hear where she disrespected or diminished the work of her teammates.

Someone asked when she disrespected her team. This is easy: when she takes all of the spotlight and center stage and hogs the camera. There were actually quite a few great stories from the team. A girl who was told she’d never make the practice squad. A woman who had a kid and was told her career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Someone asked when she disrespected her team. This is easy: when she takes all of the spotlight and center stage and hogs the camera. There were actually quite a few great stories from the team. A girl who was told she’d never make the practice squad. A woman who had a kid and was told her career is over.
    I'm not a fan of hers, but I don't think it's disrespectful of the team by getting center stage and a lot of the spotlight. She's a captain, the oldest on the team, been there before. Stars get spotlight, it's not disrespecting the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I'm not a fan of hers, but I don't think it's disrespectful of the team by getting center stage and a lot of the spotlight. She's a captain, the oldest on the team, been there before. Stars get spotlight, it's not disrespecting the team.
    I think it's inconsiderate at least though. I HATE when watching a guy score a TD, his team runs up to celebrate and he pays them no mind as he tries to grab the spotlight and do some stupid fucking dance. Drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Go back and watch some of the post-game moments and tell me her teammates in the background don’t feel embarrassed or humiliated by her actions. Watch their reaction when she screamed MFer at a crowd of people in NY and tell me they’re not embarrassed. Think if you had a possibility to visit the White House, and a teammate of yours ripped the microphone out of hands and jumped in front of a camera and said “WELL IM NOT GOING HES A POS!” What do you do then? You just had your chance revoked by her ignorant actions. She’s made it all about her. Her opinions and decisions come first. Her actions are hers and too f’ing bad how everyone on her team feels. You want to know how the team feels about her? Watch Kelley O’Hara’s reactions. I can guarantee you... she feels VERY disrespected.

Go back and watch some of the post-game moments and tell me her teammates in the background don’t feel embarrassed or humiliated by her actions. Watch their reaction when she screamed MFer at a crowd of people in NY and tell me they’re not embarrassed. Think if you had a possibility to visit the White House, and a teammate of yours ripped the microphone out of hands and jumped in front of a camera and said “WELL IM NOT GOING HES A POS!” What do you do then? You just had your chance revoked by her ignorant actions. She’s made it all about her. Her opinions and decisions come first. Her actions are hers and too f’ing bad how everyone on her team feels. You want to know how the team feels about her? Watch Kelley O’Hara’s reactions. I can guarantee you... she feels VERY disrespected.
    Watch the CNN interview with Rose Lavelle and Kelley O’Hara. They were asked, “If you get an invite to the White House, will you go?” They answered, “We are currently celebrating our win now but if that opportunity to cross our paths, we will go back and make a decision as a team”.
    When Megan Rapinoe was asked, “Fuck no!” So again.... who is the better teammate showing respect for the thoughts and opinions of their teammates? Who is being disrespectful?

Blog Entries

She needs to separate being a team leader on the field with being a team leader off the field.

So I guess I haven't been following their reactions as closely as you. Seems like a lot of conjecture though.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    So I guess I haven't been following their reactions as closely as you. Seems like a lot of conjecture though.
    Are you okay if I speak on your behalf based on our interactions?

It's annoying when athletes are political. Athletes that are supposed to represent America...it's especially annoying. It's EASY to not like this lady.

"Hide yo kids...I got the keys to the mothafucking city and I'm coming for all y'all bitches." - yeah.............STFU douche.

To the posters saying they like it when a woman speaks her mind. That's not speaking her mind. That's acting like an idiot on a national stage all the while the MSM is fawning over her courage.

At the victory parade in NY, she was holding the FIFA trophy in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other and was recorded saying..."I deserve this. I deserve everything."

Is she intentionally being a cunt or is that just how she is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    It's annoying when athletes are political. Athletes that are supposed to represent America...it's especially annoying. It's EASY to not like this lady.

"Hide yo kids...I got the keys to the mothafucking city and I'm coming for all y'all bitches." - yeah.............STFU douche.

To the posters saying they like it when a woman speaks her mind. That's not speaking her mind. That's acting like an idiot on a national stage all the while the MSM is fawning over her courage.

At the victory parade in NY, she was holding the FIFA trophy in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other and was recorded saying..."I deserve this. I deserve everything."

Is she intentionally being a cunt or is that just how she is?
    SHUT UP!!! For real?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    SHUT UP!!! For real?
    yep