Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

Re: Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

Fine by me

Re: Federal government to resume capital punishment, schedule executions for first time since 2003

If a dog bites someone, it gets put down....

About time! I wonder if they’re looking for Executioners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

There was a time when I opposed capital punishment. Now, I'm not so sure. Especially after witnessing what's happening in Baltimore these days. There are no more deterrents. It's almost hopeless.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    About time! I wonder if they’re looking for Executioners?

Too long of a commute from DE to DC.

Blog Entries

I’ve always been conflicted about the death penalty. After reading about the first 5 people who will be executed and what they did, I think I could do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Too long of a commute from DE to DC.
    I’ll take the train! Lol. Sign me up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I’ve always been conflicted about the death penalty. After reading about the first 5 people who will be executed and what they did, I think I could do it myself.
    I find myself conflicted on this topic as well.

Im for it when the criteria of zero doubt is met, be that DNA, video, etc. Theres been far too many cases that have been found to be not true for me to blanket support it. The overcrowding issue in prisons will certainly be helped by getting rid of some of these wastes of space, but it wont help deter some of the lesser crimes that keep the revolving doors going. prison reform is a separate issue to some degree because of that, but I do believe this is part of a better system ultimately.

ive only read very little about these 5, but they seem to meet that criteria.
    -JAB

The thing is ...there is no real deterrent to commit violent crimes. Right now at worst you spend the rest of your days in prison. Well ....for some of these people that is an improvement over their life now. I mean if you take 20 kids from any inner city and take them to a Super Maxx prison for Scared Straight ...I’ll bet atleast a quarter of them would see prison life as an upgrade. Now this is a societal problem but it’s there.
    Using the Death Penalty as a deterrent, knowing that if you commit a violent crime ( rape, murder, child molester) its going to cost you your life might change things. And it can’t be a long process Can’t have guys on Death Row for years and years. I’d say maybe 2 years at most...I’d prefer one year.

Bring back real executions! The Electric Chair , Gas Chamber. That shit is scary.
    Better yet let’s do public hangings and put it on Pay Per View! We Americans are sick people. You know we’d buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm conflicted about it as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Bring back real executions! The Electric Chair , Gas Chamber. That shit is scary.
    Better yet let’s do public hangings and put it on Pay Per View! We Americans are sick people. You know we’d buy it!
    This is hilarious...

Sadly, you're probably right.

Also, I think it would be a serious deterrent to would-be criminals.

Can you imagine something like this being on PPV? It would probably be a cash-cow and then sponsors would start advertising on the show. "This castration is brought to you by Folgers: the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup."