Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Is it me, or is Rapinoe insanely unlikable?

At the victory parade in NY, she was holding the FIFA trophy in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other and was recorded saying..."I deserve this. I deserve everything."

So? I feel like we watch a different hockey player every year do some dumb shit very similar to this with the Stanley Cup and we all laugh it off. But since a woman does it she's a "cunt".

smh.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    At the victory parade in NY, she was holding the FIFA trophy in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other and was recorded saying..."I deserve this. I deserve everything."

So? I feel like we watch a different hockey player every year do some dumb shit very similar to this with the Stanley Cup and we all laugh it off. But since a woman does it she's a "cunt".

smh.
    LMAO

shut up and dribble

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Are you okay if I speak on your behalf based on our interactions?
    Maybe I heard it wrong, but I remember her saying (paraphrase) "there's no fucking way I'm going to the white house!"

Not "there's no fucking way this team is going to the white house"

Seems like she's speaking for herself, not on anyone else's behalf

Blog Entries

Typical liberal with her sense of entitlement. This country owes me cause I'm so good and loud and it's so unfair, so I hate it. I am lesbian, hear me roar. She should ask her GF in the WNBA why they are not getting contracts like the NBA players are getting. If the WNBA matched the NBA contracts they would fold in a New York minute. It's Economics 101 - supply and demand. Even AOC knows that, well, probably not.

Blog Entries

Watching a soccer game is like watching past Raven offenses play each other. No scoring.

Maybe I heard it wrong, but I remember her saying (paraphrase) "there's no fucking way I'm going to the white house!"

Not "there's no fucking way this team is going to the white house"

Seems like she's speaking for herself, not on anyone else's behalf
    She did say not many if any teammates would go

Blog Entries

smh.
    Well

a) we're talking about her, so why would anyone talk about what they think when someone else does this, IF even it's happened

and

b) can you find me anywhere of this hypothetical equivalent scenario your comparing this to?

Go back and watch some of the post-game moments and tell me her teammates in the background don’t feel embarrassed or humiliated by her actions. Watch their reaction when she screamed MFer at a crowd of people in NY and tell me they’re not embarrassed. Think if you had a possibility to visit the White House, and a teammate of yours ripped the microphone out of hands and jumped in front of a camera and said “WELL IM NOT GOING HES A POS!” What do you do then? You just had your chance revoked by her ignorant actions. She’s made it all about her. Her opinions and decisions come first. Her actions are hers and too f’ing bad how everyone on her team feels. You want to know how the team feels about her? Watch Kelley O’Hara’s reactions. I can guarantee you... she feels VERY disrespected.
    Watch the CNN interview with Rose Lavelle and Kelley O’Hara. They were asked, “If you get an invite to the White House, will you go?” They answered, “We are currently celebrating our win now but if that opportunity to cross our paths, we will go back and make a decision as a team”.
    When Megan Rapinoe was asked, “Fuck no!” So again.... who is the better teammate showing respect for the thoughts and opinions of their teammates? Who is being disrespectful?
    I don't like soccer, and only watched about 30 minutes of the first half of the championship game. I don't like her either. So I haven't watched any of the games or coverage, other than the brief 30 second clips of minor shit she's said. I'd seen the clip "no f'ing way I'm going to the White House" and the CNN interview where she said she'd talk to Congress but not to Trump. So I was not aware of any of the instances you describe.

smh.
    Yes. I'm only calling Rapinoe a cunt because she's a woman. If a man...or hockey player (huh?)...did the same thing...he'd be a dick.

It's not a likable thing for someone (man or woman) to say "I deserve this. I deserve everything" on national television after winning a game...thus, I posted it in a "...is Rapinoe insanely unlikable" thread. Make sense?

Remember when Michael Jordan or Ray Lewis or Cal Ripken or Jonathan Moxon from West Canaan High School or any other respectable athlete said..."I deserve this. I deserve everything" after winning a game? No? Me either.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 07-11-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    She did say not many if any teammates would go
    Word, never saw that.

Blog Entries

I really love watching soccer. I thought it would be pretty neat to buy tickets to the Women's league and see some of them, but I've had enough of the politics and the disrespect. I decided to buy Real Madrid versus Arsenal at Fed Ex. I don't understand how women that want equal pay do things to alienate half the country. They're not doing anything to help their cause.