Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What if LJ fails next season?

And we get a top 10? Maybe top 5? Draft pick.

Do we go QB?
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: What if LJ fails next season?

Trade for Daniel Jones, obviously.

We would need to define fail first.

I'm pretty sure expectations about LJ are very different between fans.

We should ask Cleo&Dilly before he finally moves to the Broncos' forum.

Blog Entries

Judging by the sentiment in this forum......a lot of people will be happy?

Blog Entries

I agree that we’d have to define what you mean by fail.

But if it’s universal everyone agrees he’s failed, I’d say give McSorley a shot since he’s a similar style QB and an offense is being setup around that. Unless of course we could trade back for Flacco.

I guess it depends. If he shows zero improvement as a passer to all areas of the field and regresses at what he was best at, then we probably do go for a QB. If he shows improvement, we hang in there most wins, and the losses aren't necessarily all on him, then we should continue to build around him. Tua has a very quick release and is deadly accurate, so it would be a good year to have a top 5. But I like Trevor Lawrence much more. The following year is the better season to fall apart and get a top 5 if it happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Do we go QB?
    I would say if it’s an outright fail, EJ Manuel or Christian Ponder type performance, then yes we do draft a QB if our pick is that high.

Blog Entries

I think he would have to be impressively bad for them to make any determination on his future after 2019. You don't draft a guy like this that clearly needs development and expect him to be a quality player in year two. For that reason I don't see any QB related actions happening until after the 2020 season personally, even if this season doesn't go well and he doesn't play great.

Having said that, in this hypothetical situation where the team ends up with a top 5 pick and that is directly because of Lamar being bad, sure, if a QB they like is there, they absolutely should and likely would consider all options. Top 10...eh. You can go 6-10 and end up with a top 10 pick. I don't think that would be bad enough to ditch him after 1 1/2 seasons. But top 5, yes.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I would say if it’s an outright fail, EJ Manuel or Christian Ponder type performance, then yes we do draft a QB if our pick is that high.
    Are you sure you are thinking of the right person? Ponder went 10-6, 18/12, 3000 yards, 62% in his second year. I think the team would be more than fine with that kind of stat line from Lamar in Y2 especially considering what he'll also provide on the ground.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Cool Re: What if LJ fails next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Are you sure you are thinking of the right person? Ponder went 10-6, 18/12, 3000 yards, 62% in his second year. I think the team would be more than fine with that kind of stat line from Lamar in Y2 especially considering what he'll also provide on the ground.
    And it was the only decent year he ever had. He completely fell off a cliff after that and never did anything ever again!

If they have a top ten pick, then just draft the QB folks!

Don’t over think it!

Fucking Culex 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Do we go QB?
    Cool-x, that's a great question. While I don't for a minute believe it's going to happen, the Ravens would be in deep doo-doo. IMO neither RGIII or McSorely is up to the task. I think LJ would really have to fall of a high cliff in order to draft another QB in the top 10... Bc