Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ronnie Stanley...

I think is vastly overrated. I feel like I’m in the minority here, but I think Stanley is way over valued.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

Re: Ronnie Stanley...

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    I think is vastly overrated. I feel like I’m in the minority here, but I think Stanley is way over valued.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
    You're not, but that's the problem.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Yes.

Next question, please.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

On the real though. I am lower on Stanley than most.

However, I also recognize that LT is a hard position to fill. It's like QB where you end up overpaying average guys because when you go to fill it the options are limited and hard to find.

To contrast, filling ILB is easier, which is why I didn't want to overpay Mosley.

I think Stanley is in between 10-15 for top LT's in the league. Good enough that you have to keep him IMO.

OT depth is down across the league and I dont think we'll be bad enough to have a top pick. YOu gotta keep him IMO.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

look around the league, there are very few teams that have studs at both tackles. The vast majority of teams have projects on their line or conversions from other positions, it's a league wide issue.

Ravens have two solid tackles. Maybe they aren't future HOFers but perspective...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Stanley is like Mosley. These are good players who will be paid like great ones because there aren't many great players at these positions. If the Ravens don't pay Stanley then plan B would be draft another Tackle in round 1 and hoping he works out. Ju'Wuan James was a 1st round pick of the Dolphins who flopped at LT and ended up a RT got 4 years $51 million and $32 million guaranteed. That's the kind of guy you'd find in free agency. I'd rather pay Stanley.

I’m with ya BMore 35. Me and Brother Smoove have been calling out Stanley for awhile now. Bro is Saaawwwft. And he was telegraphin plays in the playoffs. Dude isn’t worth $100 mil of my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any chance OBJ can move to LT?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    any chance OBJ can move to LT?
    Not unless he becomes a lot more athletic than he was last year.

Blog Entries

Stanley would be better suited for a different blocking scheme.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Stanley won’t ever be Ogden, but generational talents don’t come around very often, and good thing they didn’t take Tunsil instead. Stanley sucked it up and played hurt last season, and that was still way better than any plan B the Ravens currently have. Sure, they could go ahead and draft another LT, but chances are it will be more like another Jared Gaither or Oher. Stanley still hasn’t hit his prime years. I say pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    On the real though. I am lower on Stanley than most.

However, I also recognize that LT is a hard position to fill. It's like QB where you end up overpaying average guys because when you go to fill it the options are limited and hard to find.

To contrast, filling ILB is easier, which is why I didn't want to overpay Mosley.

I think Stanley is in between 10-15 for top LT's in the league. Good enough that you have to keep him IMO.

OT depth is down across the league and I dont think we'll be bad enough to have a top pick. YOu gotta keep him IMO.
    Does OB2 have what it takes to project to LT eventually?