Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Miles Boykin Still Not Signed

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Actually, hitting receiver in stride is probably one of the few things Lamar seems better about in the passing game than Flacco. Flcco always seemed to wait until he knew guys would be open thus forcing them to slow up.
    Yes. Lamar showed more throws-with-anticipation last season, than we'd seen from Joe in the last several seasons. Was eye-opening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post
    The one thing you see sometimes is teams trying to split signing bonus across the fiscal year. Dean Spanos and the Chargers are notorious for this. It’s what drove the Joey Bosa holdout.

It’s a good financial move for the team because it spreads the cost across two separate balance sheets and allows them to report more profit. It’s bad for the player because, given the time value of money, the deferment results in a lower net present value for the bonus (i.e. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow).
    The other issue is the workout bonus. It's pretty common for 1st round picks but not consistent after that. Apparently that was the issue in Denver with Drew Lock

He's signed and I'm seeing an advert for plus-sized bras, so...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver