Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT: Grayson Allen is a little shit

News from NBA summer league action:

Grayson Allen does what he does, gets ejected from NBA Summer League game
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...r-league-game/
    ESPN broadcaster and former Indiana coach Dan Dakich offered harsh criticism of Allen during the broadcast, calling Allen’s history of aggressive play “just tiring.”

“I mean let’s be honest,” Dakich said on-air after the first foul was issued. “Duke defended him ad nauseam, enabled him, and now it continues. And, truthfully, it’s just exhausting.”
    “Just get him out of this game. Now,” said Dakich after the play. “I don’t even think he was swinging at the ball. I’m telling you. This infuriates me.”
    Allen ... developed a reputation while playing for the Blue Devils. In 2016, he was reprimanded by the ACC for two tripping incidents that occurred close to each other and was suspended for a game for his dirty play. Last summer, Allen initiated a similarly aggressive shove against Atlanta’s Trae Young.
    The news piece is accompanied by a 5-min Youtube vid of the sequence of the game where Allen commits the two fouls and gets tossed. This bit of vid is AWESOME. Dakich goes off on Allen. It's an utter pleasure to listen to.

Here's the vid:

Best part is around the middle, where the two announcers talk about about how it would be one thing if Allen's game was built around toughness: going to the floor for loose balls, battling in the lane etc. But Allen is not like that. I have NEVER heard an announcer be openly disdainful of a player's toughness before! It's amazing. Dakich asks rhetorically, "You ever see him take a charge?" Says he doesn't get to the rim; and he's probably the most athletic guy on the court.

Just a complete pleasure to listen to them rip Allen apart and discard him.

Re: OT: Grayson Allen is a little shit

I was aware of Grayson Allen's antics in college, from Pardon The Interruption. But I didn't really pay close attention. Maryland's not in the ACC anymore, so I didn't really give a shit. So THIS video, is a real eye opener for me:

Grayson Allen Dirty Plays and Moments Compilation

Wow. I had no idea how extensive his resume as a little shit was.

I tell you what, this will NOT FLY in the league. NBA players are grown men. They will not put up with this shit. Allen may have been a big deal in college, and even an imposing athlete in college. In the league, he's nothing. He pulls this shit on the wrong guy, he's going to the hospital.

I mean, can you even imagine if he cheap-shotted Draymond Green?!? The mind boggles.

The refs won't protect him other. He's nowhere near good enough a player for the refs to extend him any courtesies. If the players decide Allen is a dirty little weasel, they will run him right the hell out of the league.

Warms my heart to think about it.

He tried to snap Trae Young’s arm last year too. Fuck this kid.

That turd has been doing that his entire career. At least I know he did it A LOT when playing for Duke. (UNC fan here) Duke fans would always defend him and claim he wasn't ever doing it on purpose. Wonder what they all have to say now?

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    That turd has been doing that his entire career. At least I know he did it A LOT when playing for Duke. (UNC fan here) Duke fans would always defend him and claim he wasn't ever doing it on purpose. Wonder what they all have to say now?
    That he’s not doing it on purpose AND Dan Dakich should be fired for his anti-Duke bias (not joking)

One of the absolute most delusional, entitled fanbases in any sport

Overheard in Coach K's recruiting strategy meeting: "Okay guys, we really need more size down in the blocks. And we'll need a 6th man with some skills from the 3-point-line. Oh yeah, and also find me a whiny floor-slapping bitch that can be the most hated kid in college basketball."

Grayson might be Coach K's masterpiece.
    "Chin up, chest out."

The most stereotypical Duke men's basketball player since Christian Laettner.

He's even more "Duke" than J.J. Redick... Redick went to public school

He is, and always has been, for lack of a better word, a cunt.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Allen has that "asshole face" that you just wanna punch. That's my take

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Allen has that "asshole face" that you just wanna punch. That's my take
    And at some point, someone will.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

OT: Grayson Allen is a little shit

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    And at some point, someone will.
    They won’t. A punch/if he’s physically hurt means heavy fines and a lengthy suspension for the offender. No matter how much of a jerk/dirty player he is the league won’t tolerate going back to the brawl ball 70’s/early 80’s. The league has to come down really hard on him or else they risk losing their credibility. He needs to know his career is on the line. That’s the only way he’ll curb this behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk