Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 67
  1. #49

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/49067...-emily-zanotti

    We were always told that Kaepernick wasn't protesting the flag. He was simply protesting police brutality, allegedly. But apparently it was about the flag all along.

    What a shocking development...

    War veterans hoisted the American flag over Iwo Jima 70+ years ago. Today, SJW’s and millionaires complain that the sight of it is offensive.

    This is what societal degradation looks like.
    Kap is a hateful racist liar and totally embodies the liberal Lefty anti-American agenda. But this is just a symptom. The root is the liberal left wing wicked agenda. They are content in watching this country being destroyed if they can individually benefit from it.

    People like Kap, the LGBT, the feminists Me too movement, illegal immigrants, etc., they hate authority. They force their individual agendas down folks throat. Conservatives are being physically attacked by these liberals for wearing MAGA hats, or a kippah, or having a flag (be it Israel, Confederate, or the US flag). It's time we conservatives stop resting on our laurels and take back our great country? How? VOTE!





  2. #50

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I have almost exclusively worn Nikes for the last 40 or so years. Especially for basketball, they are the only shoes that fit me comfortably. I've tried Asics and New Balance running shoes, and they were OK.

    One dumb over-reaction to one dumb fuck isn't going to make me boycott. Endorsements don't mean anything to me either.

    However, I will ask - why is one guy's stance the basis for an entire product line recall? And why is EVERY FUCKING THING an offensive symbol?
    I kind of get your point. For instance, the rainbow is a symbol of G-D'S Covenant to never again destroy the earth by flood. But the LGBT perverted it into their twisted symbol. While I am no fan of Nike for many more reasons outside of Kap, you have a right to wear it because this is America. A place wear we could disagree and not be attacked or sued for it.

    It's like taking down the statue of a Confederate and replacing it with Harriet Tubman. You take down a statue of Robert Lee saying it represents times of slavery and replace it with Harriet Tubman who also represents slavery.





  3. #51

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post

    It's like taking down the statue of a Confederate and replacing it with Harriet Tubman. You take down a statue of Robert Lee saying it represents times of slavery and replace it with Harriet Tubman who also represents slavery.
    That seems like an ignorant POV.

    Some would say its taking down a statue of some one who fought for slavery to continue vs. a statue of someone who fought against slavery.

    While its not exactly equal, there are no statues of Hitler in Germany anymore. Most people dont want statues around them that convey ideals of inequality, like those of the confederate south.

    Happy Independence Day!





  4. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    6,335

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I can honestly say I haven’t owned a pair of Nike’s since I was in high school. Not due to any political thing...I just don’t find their shoes very comfortable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're so narrow

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    6,335

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Oddly enough, I don’t really support boycotting something. I am with others here about Nike. I haven’t bought a pair in 25 years at least. They make really crappy shoes. The ONLY thing I have ever boycotted was some movies because of the actors, but honestly, I’m not sure I boycotted or didn’t see them because usually the loudest, most political actors are bad ones. Not ALWAYS... but most. Tim Robbins? Ungh.... Shawshank was good in spite of him and I’ll DIE on that hill.
    The converse line are decent.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk





  6. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    6,335

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I love how everyone just ignores the fact that according to us flag code the flag is not supposed to be used as apparel...
    That's because ex doesn't hang on the political forum

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk





  7. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,095
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/49067...-emily-zanotti

    We were always told that Kaepernick wasn't protesting the flag. He was simply protesting police brutality, allegedly. But apparently it was about the flag all along.

    What a shocking development...

    War veterans hoisted the American flag over Iwo Jima 70+ years ago. Today, SJW’s and millionaires complain that the sight of it is offensive.

    This is what societal degradation looks like.
    You are 100% correct. But we always knew the kneeling was really about hating America and disrespecting the flag.





  8. #56

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    That seems like an ignorant POV.

    Some would say its taking down a statue of some one who fought for slavery to continue vs. a statue of someone who fought against slavery.

    While its not exactly equal, there are no statues of Hitler in Germany anymore. Most people dont want statues around them that convey ideals of inequality, like those of the confederate south.

    Happy Independence Day!
    Lee was against slavery. His plan was to pay the slaves for five years while giving them an education before setting them free. This would allow them to more seamlessly integrate into broader society without people being able to take advantage of them. He fought against a foreign power invading his country.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    603

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    That seems like an ignorant POV.

    Some would say its taking down a statue of some one who fought for slavery to continue vs. a statue of someone who fought against slavery.

    While its not exactly equal, there are no statues of Hitler in Germany anymore. Most people dont want statues around them that convey ideals of inequality, like those of the confederate south.

    Happy Independence Day!
    Little history lesson. I’m neither agreeing or disagreeing but it needs to be pointed out. Robert E Lee was also anti-slavery. Odds are, had the south won their separation, they would have also become slave free in time as he was likely to be the next confederate president. He was a West Point graduate who actually wrote many letters on his hatred for the institution. However, it was a different time. His pride in his state and sense of duty to his statesmen is what called him back. The South did NOT just stand for slavery but instead worried about an expansive federal government. Slavery certainly was the top issue of course. I think that by removing all traces of the whole story and just breaking it down to “They were racist slave holders!” Is very narrow. There are many arguments the Confederacy made that were absolutely pertinent. The most telling time period where blacks might have agreed with the south was Vietnam. The confederacy believed armed service was an honor held for aristocrats. They despised the idea of a draft and socioeconomics playing a role in who served in the military. Meanwhile, the North was taking people off the boat, throwing a uniform on them, and handing them a rifle, and pushing them to the front lines because immigrants were expendable.





  10. #58

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Little history lesson. I’m neither agreeing or disagreeing but it needs to be pointed out. Robert E Lee was also anti-slavery. Odds are, had the south won their separation, they would have also become slave free in time as he was likely to be the next confederate president. He was a West Point graduate who actually wrote many letters on his hatred for the institution. However, it was a different time. His pride in his state and sense of duty to his statesmen is what called him back. The South did NOT just stand for slavery but instead worried about an expansive federal government. Slavery certainly was the top issue of course. I think that by removing all traces of the whole story and just breaking it down to “They were racist slave holders!” Is very narrow. There are many arguments the Confederacy made that were absolutely pertinent. The most telling time period where blacks might have agreed with the south was Vietnam. The confederacy believed armed service was an honor held for aristocrats. They despised the idea of a draft and socioeconomics playing a role in who served in the military. Meanwhile, the North was taking people off the boat, throwing a uniform on them, and handing them a rifle, and pushing them to the front lines because immigrants were expendable.
    Word. So he held his nose and fought for ideals against his own just because of where he was born.

    As you stated, slavery was the top issue and the confederacy was for it whether lee was or not.

    Tubman was a hero who fought to liberate her shackled brothers and sisters.

    I know which one id rather have a statue nearby to revere. YMMV.





  11. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,150

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Word. So he held his nose and fought for ideals against his own just because of where he was born.

    As you stated, slavery was the top issue and the confederacy was for it whether lee was or not.

    Tubman was a hero who fought to liberate her shackled brothers and sisters.

    I know which one id rather have a statue nearby to revere. YMMV.
    Have you ever voted Democrat?





  12. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    603

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Word. So he held his nose and fought for ideals against his own just because of where he was born.

    As you stated, slavery was the top issue and the confederacy was for it whether lee was or not.

    Tubman was a hero who fought to liberate her shackled brothers and sisters.

    I know which one id rather have a statue nearby to revere. YMMV.
    Warning: all arguments you made were strawman arguments. Did I dismiss Harriet Tubman? Nope. She was amazing. Does a statue have to be ripped down to make another more valuable? Nope. Did I say it was a different time? Yes. Did Lee maybe go back to fix his countries values rather than throw a hissy fit and ask government to fix it for him? Yes. I’d go see both statues if I was out to learn more about our history because regardless of my opinions on highly specific and selective parts of the whole, I’d want to know the full story. Be educated and gain the wisdom to know that all men are flawed and all men are great. At the time, EVERYONE on both sides of that war loved Lee. He was a truly unifying force as a man. He spent the rest of his post-war life denouncing slavery. Would you want to be judged fully for only your bad decisions or questionable choices and have your good deeds be ignored? Can I now say I think you are fully a moron for your one opinion that differs from mine? You think MAYBE that’s the problem right now is that everyone is viewed as a monolith?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site