Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 67
  1. #37

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    why is EVERY FUCKING THING an offensive symbol?
    Control.

    The foundation of Communism/Socialism is all about control.

    The Left’s entire mantra is based on increasing government control in America. Censor the opposition. Regulate EVERYTHING! Abolish gun ownership. Hate-speech is a criminal offense. Implement government control over the entire US healthcare and education system. Increase entitlements. Re-brand symbols of national unity (flags, founding fathers, national anthem, etc) as symbols of hate. Push division through race, religion, and sex.

    How could they get away with all of this since most of America won’t vote for it or support it?

    Import voters who will vote for it and support it...which is exactly what’s happening.

    Control. Plain and simple.





  2. #38

    Re: So, it was the flag

    control womans reproductive system LMAO





  3. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    13,172

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    control womans reproductive system LMAO
    Such a child.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  4. #40

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Control.

    The foundation of Communism/Socialism is all about control.

    The Left’s entire mantra is based on increasing government control in America. Censor the opposition. Regulate EVERYTHING! Abolish gun ownership. Hate-speech is a criminal offense. Implement government control over the entire US healthcare and education system. Increase entitlements. Re-brand symbols of national unity (flags, founding fathers, national anthem, etc) as symbols of hate. Push division through race, religion, and sex.

    How could they get away with all of this since most of America won’t vote for it or support it?

    Import voters who will vote for it and support it...which is exactly what’s happening.

    Control. Plain and simple.
    Don't forget the control of energy, thus the climate change claims.





  5. #41





  6. #42

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I have almost exclusively worn Nikes for the last 40 or so years. Especially for basketball, they are the only shoes that fit me comfortably. I've tried Asics and New Balance running shoes, and they were OK.

    One dumb over-reaction to one dumb fuck isn't going to make me boycott. Endorsements don't mean anything to me either.

    However, I will ask - why is one guy's stance the basis for an entire product line recall? And why is EVERY FUCKING THING an offensive symbol?
    Thinking along an interpersonal perspective, look up Transactional Analysis and the Karpman Triangle.

    Thinking along a societal perspective, look up Honor, Dignity, and Victim Culture.

    From https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room...ctim-cultures/

    “Victim cultures share in common with honor cultures the sensitivity to slights or insults, but whereas those in an honor culture might try to retaliate (physically or otherwise), people in a victim culture will instead appeal to a powerful, omnipresent state/legal authority. Classic examples are Mao’s China and Stalin’s Russia. In contrast to honor cultures that expect victims to be strong and stern enough to defend themselves, and dignity cultures that expect victims to be calm and charitable when in a dispute or disagreement, victim cultures emphasize how complainants are emotionally or physically fragile, vulnerable, and weak. In order to have high status in a victim culture, one must perfect and dramatize a personal “narrative of suffering.”2 Confidently espousing one’s own weakness, frailty, and suffering might seem, perhaps, dishonorable or shameful from an honor culture perspective, or gratuitous and self-absorbed from a dignity culture.”





  7. #43

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Oops, guess who wasn't offended by the Betsy Ross flag. The chosen one himself. That means he must be a racist. Right CK?

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/49146...o-hank-berrien





  8. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    8,550

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Has Kap ever actually gavs any type of interview where he sits down and discuss issues or does he just whine?
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  9. #45

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Has Kap ever actually gavs any type of interview where he sits down and discuss issues or does he just whine?
    And cashes checks while trashing Capitalism. He's whining all the way to the bank.





  10. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    8,550

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    And cashes checks while trashing Capitalism. He's whining all the way to the bank.
    Nike is stupid fuck. This is why people like Kap exist... People /companies pandering to whiney vistim hood playing hypocrits
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  11. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    32,557
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I wonder if fireworks, most likely made in China, have tariffs on them?
    Yes they do. Our town told us that they don't expect to be able to have fireworks next year due to the cost increases from tariffs. 90% of the worlds firework are from China and the remaining 10% are from Italy and Spain. The company that sets up the fireworks shows for my town and many in the area said they just won't be able to get enough from these other countries to make up for the price increases for the Chinese fireworks. They need to place their orders for 2020 by the end of August but few towns are willing to pay the higher prices. They said they aren't sure how they if they will still be in business after this year.

    We're making sure we go to the fireworks this year because this is probably the last one for a while





  12. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    13,172

    Re: So, it was the flag

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yes they do. Our town told us that they don't expect to be able to have fireworks next year due to the cost increases from tariffs. 90% of the worlds firework are from China and the remaining 10% are from Italy and Spain. The company that sets up the fireworks shows for my town and many in the area said they just won't be able to get enough from these other countries to make up for the price increases for the Chinese fireworks. They need to place their orders for 2020 by the end of August but few towns are willing to pay the higher prices. They said they aren't sure how they if they will still be in business after this year.

    We're making sure we go to the fireworks this year because this is probably the last one for a while
    I’d be willing to wager that the tariffs are gone by next year and there’ll be fireworks





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site