Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: 14 days, and 28 days

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    It’s still exciting football is finally coming back.
    Who has the first “soft tissue” injury?
    Who is the UDFA we all go crazy about cause of his preseason performances and doesn’t show up in the regular season?
    Who is the player that gets an injury suppose to be back in a few days and is out months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love NFL football just like all of us here but the start of camp doesn't really feel like much these days. I watch Hard Knocks every year and the difference between the 2001 Ravens and what they do now is dramatic. It's so much tougher on coaches who have to turn everything into non contact drills.

I think that this is one of the reason why the number of undrafted free agents make teams more than they used to 15 years ago. Those kids are less removed from the intense college practices and play than the low end of the roster guys who have been in the NFL for a couple of years. Those guys have had years of soft practices and not enough play time to improve. These undrafted guys who are already hungry to make a team, have seen more contact and worked a lot more in pads recently. They impress and take those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ain't we lucky we got em

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I love NFL football just like all of us here but the start of camp doesn't really feel like much these days. I watch Hard Knocks every year and the difference between the 2001 Ravens and what they do now is dramatic. It's so much tougher on coaches who have to turn everything into non contact drills.

I think that this is one of the reason why the number of undrafted free agents make teams more than they used to 15 years ago. Those kids are less removed from the intense college practices and play than the low end of the roster guys who have been in the NFL for a couple of years. Those guys have had years of soft practices and not enough play time to improve. These undrafted guys who are already hungry to make a team, have seen more contact and worked a lot more in pads recently. They impress and take those jobs.
    Hmmmmm. That was astute. They are so concerned with injury that the body gets soft and players get injured anyway.

Anyone have injury data from before the CBA that changed the rules compared to now. I bet it averages out about the same.

I do know from fighting that you must practice being hit in order to get hit and handle it. The body does adjust and become stronger with this training

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Hmmmmm. That was astute. They are so concerned with injury that the body gets soft and players get injured anyway.

Anyone have injury data from before the CBA that changed the rules compared to now. I bet it averages out about the same.

I do know from fighting that you must practice being hit in order to get hit and handle it. The body does adjust and become stronger with this training
    I don't know if it's injury risk as a much as being in football shape. It's real tough to get used to the field when you have these gimped practices and you play sporadically. A couple of years ago Patrick Onwuasor comes to camp very determined to make this team. He was a top player at Portland State and saw a ton of playing time. He's coming off of intense college practices.

The guy that Peanut is working against is Arthur Brown. Brown has barely played. He's now in his 4th year of NFL camp and practices. Without seeing the field it's very difficult for someone like Brown to become a better player because the practices are so soft and full of drills instead of football. I could see how Peanut comes into camp in better football shape because he is a lot closer in time to being on the field and intense college practices. That conditioning added to his determination allows the undrafted free agent to make the team over the 2nd round pick who gets cut.

For anyone interested Tony has a really good piece on camp and practice in a thread he started recently. I encourage everyone to check that out.
    Last edited by GOTA; 07-17-2019 at 06:59 AM.

It's training camp. How much hype can you really build for guys in shorts? They don't even let teams run real camps anymore. How many padded practices are they allowed?
    The Orioles are why we're hyped for TC.

Seriously, I wonder if there will be any reports for these rookie camps? How's Hollywood? Is Boykin signed? Ferguson is he still looking stiff? Will Powers take the LG or C position? Is Iman Marshall someone to keep an eye on? The UDFA WRs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    The Orioles are why we're hyped for TC.

Seriously, I wonder if there will be any reports for these rookie camps? How's Hollywood? Is Boykin signed? Ferguson is he still looking stiff? Will Powers take the LG or C position? Is Iman Marshall someone to keep an eye on? The UDFA WRs?
    Boykin just signed today

Boykin just signed today
    Ain't we lucky we got em?

Great insight! I never would have thought of that.

For anyone interested Tony has a really good piece on camp and practice in a thread he started recently. I encourage everyone to check that out.
    I think you're talking about the "threat of contact" one?

Seriously, I wonder if there will be any reports for these rookie camps?
    Same. I want some observations from this week, before the vets arrive.

Seriously, I wonder if there will be any reports for these rookie camps?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Same. I want some observations from this week, before the vets arrive.
    Not a fucking thing!!!!

Goddammit.