Keith Mills sighting

Probably not a big deal to the locals but since I live north of the border only to venture down past the Mason Dixon line for an O's game or some crabs on occasion, I never had the chance to see Keith in person...I love Keith...excellent broadcaster professionally and the dude's been through the ringer personally...he's emerged just fine...saw him and a lady friend eating crabs at Captain Dan's on Liberty Road in Eldersburg this afternoon...didn't want to intrude so I didn't say anything to him...he looked a lot thinner than I expected...checked out his biceps thinking he was a stud athlete given his broadcasting rhetoric...not sure he ever did a curl in his life...the wife and I, or as our old friend Beau Petard would say, She Who Must Be Obeyed, were there almost 2 hours and Keith talked the entire time without once coming up for air...very impressive.
    Last edited by KbubbaK; 06-19-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Re: Keith Mills sighting

I know he's retiring from WBAL at the end of the month but I think he will still be involved with Ravens' broadcasts in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    ...saw him and a lady friend eating crabs at Captain Dan's on Liberty Road in Eldersburg this afternoon...
    About 2 minutes from my house. Interesting. Wonder if he lives around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Capt. Dan's Facebook page is showing Keith attending on his Birthday - with a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    I think he still lives in northern Anne Arundel County, where he grew up and went to school.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think he still lives in northern Anne Arundel County, where he grew up and went to school.
    Although I didn't know him growing up, Keith's dad & mine were buds, back in the day. I run into him periodically when I venture up to northern AA County. IIRC, Keith MC'd the "Meet Mike McCrary" event which we held in Annapolis a few years ago. Many 24x7 board participants were there.

Funny incident a few years ago: three sets of families attending a matinee movie at Hoyt's West Nursery Cinema 14. One douchebag receives a cell phone call and gets into a phone yelling jabber, overpowering the movie's audio. The capos of the other two families loudly berate Mr. Douchebag to shut-the-fuck-up (my direct quote) and to please be considerate of others (other capo), which Mr. Douchebag ultimately did, without ratcheting up the conflict. Post movie, with lights now on, I went up to the other good guy for how he so calmly handled Mr. Douchebag (as contrasted to my pound-the-fist Greek hot blooded temper). The other guy turned out to be Keith.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Anne Arundel County schools and health dept put on a program called "Not My Child" aimed at educating parents about the opioid epidemic in the county. Very shocking program. Keith was the mc of the event and did a very nice job.

Saw him about a month ago at the Valley Inn up in Greenspring Valley.

I know he's retiring from WBAL at the end of the month
    Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    three sets of families attending a matinee movie at Hoyt's West Nursery Cinema 14. ...The other guy turned out to be Keith.
    Will miss him on the radio. He's moving to Sarasota but will be back for some Ravens features.

This morning on-air at WIYY he mentioned being at Captain Dan's this weekend and praised it as an old fashioned Maryland crab house like the ones he knew growing up in Brooklyn.

I knew he was an avid movie goer--he talks about going to see matinees by himself all the time. I think the guy lives off of 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Glad he made it through his addiction issues.