Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Yay or Nay: Would You Trade For Clowney?

Like anything else it depends on the price. But I don't think we should try to win any bidding wars for Clowney. He's very good but he seems to get injured a lot also. I have a good feeling about Tim Williams this year too.

I'd trade a 2nd for Clowney if we could sign him long term. He's a very good player in an area of weakness for us and could raise our defense to scary and we're going to have some cap space to play with going forward.

He may not be one of the very top edge players but he's not far behind them and they don't reach the market very often. He's been healthy the last 3 years so injuries aren't a bigger concern than for anyone else.

Even as a one year rental he could well make us a playoff team*, so what's that worth? A 4th? A 3rd?

*We might be a playoff team anyway but we're in a division with 2 other good teams (probably) which might mean only one makes it from the North if we all mess up each others' record.

3. Re: Yay or Nay: Would You Trade For Clowney?

I have a feeling that Clowney will have one monster year where it all comes together and falls into place for him, most likely get rewarded with a big contract or extension, then never come close to duplicating that performance again. Maybe happens this year even.

And PFR says Clowney's childhood nickname is Doo-Doo, lolwut?
    https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...doo-doo-080513
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 07-17-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    I'd trade a 2nd for Clowney if we could sign him long term. He's a very good player in an area of weakness for us and could raise our defense to scary and we're going to have some cap space to play with going forward.

He may not be one of the very top edge players but he's not far behind them and they don't reach the market very often. He's been healthy the last 3 years so injuries aren't a bigger concern than for anyone else.

Even as a one year rental he could well make us a playoff team*, so what's that worth? A 4th? A 3rd?

*We might be a playoff team anyway but we're in a division with 2 other good teams (probably) which might mean only one makes it from the North if we all mess up each others' record.
    Why would the Texans trade Clowney for a 4th or a 3rd? Their goal is is the division and the playoffs just like ours and they don't need the cap space. Someone would have to blow them away with an offer and a 4th or a 3rd isn't that.