Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What completion % would you be happy with Lamar

7.5 y/a. Don’t really care if it takes him 50% or 75% to get there

ETA that might be a little aggressive, Flacco’s career high was 7.4 lol. Granted we have better (or at least more talented) weapons than Flacco ever had save the SB year.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I think 60% is doable for him. 61-63 would be fantastic. Can't speak on an acceptable YPA. I'll leave that to the millennials.
    I mean it’s a more straightforward stat than completion percentage tbh, and it’s not even the slightest bit complicated or “advanced”. How far does the ball travel on average when you throw it?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    7.5 y/a.
    ...that might be a little aggressive
    Would have tied for 16th last year, with Eli. One tick behind Marcus Mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Would have tied for 16th last year, with Eli. One tick behind Marcus Mariota.
    Wow so Joe might not be the best barometer for that then

IDK, I’d be happy if Jackson could get to the average on YPA. He doesn’t need to be top 10.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    What do you think his attempts are going to be in 2019? Are we expecting 2004 Michael Vick? That's kind of what it sounds like. He was 55~% completion on 320 passes (which is 20 attempts a game) w/ 7.2 YPA, 2300 yards, 14/12, and another 900 yards on the ground. Which wouldn't be terrible, the Falcons did go 11-5 that year, but it will also likely prove to be as unsustainable as it was then.
    i dont know if i put that much thought into comparisons but i think thats a really good one you provided.

i know they kept him 25 or below outside of one game and that was the playoff loss that we were down by so much we needed to pass. id say they want to keep him in the 20-25 range still. if hes throwing 30+ i think that doesnt bode well for us. that would put him around 400 attempts at most and bottom third of the league. id expect him to end up near the bottom compared to other 16 game starters. I feel pretty confident in that statement without knowing what that number will end up being. Tyrod may be the more recent example. he averaged closer to 30 but around 7 ypa (one year he was at 8 which may be more what im expecting in that scenario), but i dont think those teams played with the lead as much as we hope to with our defense.

Harbs has mentioned a desire for "chunk" plays for years now. slow methodical chain moving offense (my preference) is not exactly what hes looking for. hes looking for the big play and for the run game to seal it, playing from ahead or close enough for our kicker to win it late.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Harbs has mentioned a desire for "chunk" plays for years now. slow methodical chain moving offense (my preference) is not exactly what hes looking for. hes looking for the big play
    It's easier to win when you get some chunk plays. We've been slow / methodical / plodding for many years now. At least four years; feels longer.

I don't think Harbs wants to lose the ability to grind it out. Just wants to be more dangerous; present broader challenges to defenses.

super bowl > completion %

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    super bowl > completion %
    SBs are voided if your QB throws too many wobbly balls tho

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    100%. Anything less than that is a fail and we should blow it all up to completely forget that part of our history ever existed.
    Why settle for only 100% How about that 110% they always talk about!

Blog Entries

He just has to be 60% Lamar at 60% accuracy will be greater than Russel Wilson, if he can 63%???? WOOOOOOO
    Dan Marino with wheels baybayyyy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Completion percentage is a pretty useless stat
    This.

The statistical mean for NFL teams in 2018 was about 35 pass attempts/game (Jackson averaged about 24 attempts/game). The statistical mean for points allowed was about 23 pts/game (the Ravens gave up about 18 pts/game last season). So if the defense plays lights out, I would settle for a 15% completion rate, provided every completion resulted in a touchdown.

Stats are so fun.